future mafia

GoWibble

Here is the roles that I would like to see, I spoiler tagged their abilities for length.

Attack/defense power tiers: 1. Weak 2. Regular 3. Advanced. 4. Powerful. poison is measured separately. 

Knight radiant:

Spoiler

Knights radiant may choose to make someone their squire. Kolloss and fused cannot become squires. squires have the same abilities, but no shardblade, and their attack/defense is regular. A Parshman who becomes a Squire will no longer be forced to take orders from the fused, and can no longer be possessed by the fused. A knight Radiant can revoke Squirehood at any time.

Edgedancer:

Spoiler

They may choose to heal someone every night, have powerful defense, and are immune to poison.

Windrunner:

Spoiler

They choose to protect one person every night, giving them advanced defense, but they only kill the attacker if they are evil and invested (like Fused or kolloss). Windrunners are immune to poison.

Skybreaker:

Spoiler

They may choose to attack one person every night with an advanced attack, but if they kill a good role, they lose their spren and turn into a soldier. they have advanced defense and are immune to poison

Parshmen:

Spoiler

They are randomly assigned a form, and cannot change it, and must obey the fused.

Warform:

Spoiler

They may attack a person each night.

Stormform:

Spoiler

They may choose a person to visit, and they kill all humans that are there. has weak defense.

Envoyform:

Spoiler

They get 2 votes at the voting section.

Assassinform

Spoiler

They may choose to poison one person every night. unless the person's role is immune, they die the following night unless they are healed.

Fused:

Spoiler

The fused may choose to attack a house each night, have regular defense, are immune to poisoning. If they are killed, they may revive the next night by taking control of one of the currently alive parshmen. they know who is a Parshman, and may give them orders.

Mistborn:

Spoiler

They may choose either to assassinate a person at night, with an advanced attack, or sooth someone, taking control of them if they are Kandra or Kolloss, or forcing them to vote for the person the mistborn wants them to otherwise. they are immune to poison and , and they have enough atium for one nights assault, which they can choose to use. Using atium gives them a powerful attack.

Mistings:

Spoiler

assigned one of the following roles: Coinshot/Lurcher, Pewterarm, Soother/Rioter, or seer.

Coinshot/lurcher:

Spoiler

they may assassinate on person every night, with an advanced attack, but have no defense

Pewterarm:

Spoiler

They attack with a regular attack and are immune to weak attacks. assassination, Poisoning and regular attacks leave them disabled and unable to attack for one night.

Soother/rioter

Spoiler

they may sooth/riot one person every day, influencing their vote, unless they are Kandra or Kolloss, in which case they take complete control of them.

Seer:

Spoiler

They have two nights worth of Atium, and may use it in defense or in attack,  using it gives them an Advanced attack or advanced defense. if they are killed by another seer or a mistborn, that person collects their atium, gaining however much they had left.

Kollos:

Spoiler

They may choose to visit someone every night, and attack everyone there with a regular attack. they have regular defense. They may be taken control of by a Soother/rioter.

Kandra:

Spoiler

They may visit one persons house every night, and either attempt to assassinate them, or if the person they visited was killed that night, they may impersonate them. If their assassination attempt was successful, they may also impersonate the person. they have advanced defense, but can be killed by shardblades.

1 hour ago, Llstml said:

Mistborn:

Hide contents

They may choose either to assassinate a person at night, with an advanced attack, or sooth someone, taking control of them if they are Kandra or Kolloss, or forcing them to vote for the person the mistborn wants them to otherwise. they are immune to poison and , and they have enough atium for one nights assault, which they can choose to use. Using atium gives them a powerful attack.

So they have limited metals. Currentally, I think that they can do 2 metals per turn. I think that they can just turn a vote to the side they want if it is close to being tied (within 2 votes on both sides)

2 hours ago, Llstml said:

Kandra:

Hide contents

They may visit one persons house every night, and either attempt to assassinate them, or if the person they visited was killed that night, they may impersonate them. If their assassination attempt was successful, they may also impersonate the person. they have advanced defense, but can be killed by shardblades.

They get to know who they are impersonating's role if they don't plan on killing them, right? 

others: 

dustbringer: high defense, can kill once per turn (similar to poison?)

Truthwatcher: Can heal once per turn or can send a decoy (Illumination) to save themselves (once per 2 turns)

Lightweaver: can send decoy away and has high/ moderate defense

Elsecallers: high defense, not sure what else

Willshapers: high def and whatever it is for elsecallers for Transportation

Stonewards: very high def?

Bondsmiths: can make and enforce alliances between players, high def

Herald: 1 per match; are able to come back twice (kept mostly secret. all deaths will be weird). Order is specified at the beginning of the match

Sixth awakening: high defense or attack per turn. 

Shadow: if violence w/ blood, during night, it attacks. turns killed person into shadow. Can be killed by silver

Full feruchemists: can store one attribute (one turn worth) during the day (gives up vote) and night (can store healing and use it is attacker is not powerful enough) 

Bloodmaker: can heal from one person attacking on their own

Brute: can store health to do basically what a pewterarm does

If you want more feruchemy, please come up with it and present it

Sandmaster: high def and moderate attack. 

We are NOT going to shardic levels. 

Share this thread with anyone else that you want playing with an @

Note: which world you chose to be from does matter in character selection and in gameplay (ie. silver stuff to people from therondy)

On 10/29/2019 at 5:22 AM, Handerfle said:

There is already the Sanderson Elimination game, which is mafia, but I would support you in making another because SE is complicated. :P

I'll try to simplify it for however many people want to do it

I also want to do something with being 1 of the 10 fools, but idk

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

They get to know who they are impersonating's role if they don't plan on killing them, right?

Yes, that would make sense.

Herald: 1 per match; are able to come back twice (kept mostly secret. all deaths will be weird). Order is specified at the beginning of the match

Maybe there could be  1 one super powerful role, like a  fullborn (super high defense and attack) or a herald. 

Stonewards: very high def?

I think Stonewards are all about sacrificing themselves for others, so they could have a strong attack, and if they encounter someone 1 level above them, they still kill them, but they die doing it.

33 minutes ago, Llstml said:

Maybe there could be  1 one super powerful role, like a  fullborn (super high defense and attack) or a herald

Or mistborn

34 minutes ago, Llstml said:

I think Stonewards are all about sacrificing themselves for others, so they could have a strong attack, and if they encounter someone 1 level above them, they still kill them, but they die doing it.

If they are evil? I mean, you could attack someone that is "good" that is above you

Share this thread with anyone else that you want playing with an @

Mistwraiths can't copy investiture, so amnesiac wouldn't work.

Hemalurgist:

can spike a person each night, and add their powers to his own, or save the spikes, If they have more than three spikes in them at one time, then they can be controlled by a mistborn/soother/rioter. Spiking a KR gives them the powers  for one turn, then the spren leaves them. they can be chosen as a squire only if they have no spikes in them, otherwise the spren will tell that something is off. If the person they attempt to spike has defense that is too high, then the hemalurgist is killed, unless the target's role is pacifistic. They can be killed by windrunners, and if they have an attack that would normally leave their target weakened, then they kill them. Gold feruchemists will not survive an attack from them.

Hi, if you guys are interested in making Mafia games, I'd recommend taking a look at The Art of Game Creation thread in the Sanderson Elimination section. It's dedicated to making Sanderson themed Mafia games, and there are a lot of experienced players who can give you feedback.

Also, looking at some of the past games in the Sanderson Elimination section could be useful. There have been over 100 different games, so there are a lot of places to get ideas from. :P

As both a moderator of the forum and one of the mods of Sanderson Elimination, the admin and moderating teams do not want other elimination games running on the site that are not tied to SE. I understand your worry about SE being too complicated, and it's true that there are often more complicated rulesets played. However, we have a wide variety of games, some complicated and some simple, and if you ever have questions about the games, you are welcome and encouraged to post in the Questions and Answers thread  As Straw posted, you are also always free to sign up to run your own elimination game as well. We love new GM's and players.

If you are interested in playing a simpler Cosmere themed elimination game but don't want to continually check the forum for when a new game starts, the anniversary game will be a Stormlight themed simple mafia game and that will start roughly at the end of this year/very beginning of next (hard to calculate exactly when, since it depends on when certain other games end). As it gets closer to Christmas, I would suggest subscribing to the forum so you can be notified when a new thread is posted. Then you'll be sure to know when the anniversary game signups go up.

We hope to see some of you over there. :)

Hello! I’m another person fairly heavily involved in SE, so I just wanted to poke my head in here both to concur with Wilson, and to invite anyone here who’d like to get a taste of what SE can be like (without having to fully join a game) to participate in either the MR39 (Mid-Range Game; cycles are 48 hours) or LG61 (Long Game; cycles are split into 48-hour Day/24-hour Night turns) spec docs, which are Google docs that can serve as chatrooms to discuss the game, what SE is like, or anything at all, really. :) You can PM Elbereth for a link to the MR spec doc, or myself for the LG link. If you’d rather jump right into a game, that’s perfectly fine too, though if you’re scared off by complexity you might want to choose the MR over the LG, even if it is non-Sanderson—signups for both are still ongoing. And as Wilson said, the anniversary game, which is large, has simple rules, and is completely anonymous (so there’ll be no stress about being new to SE) is coming up in late December or early January, and anyone is free to join it.