2 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Now I could vote on Elandera in an effort to save myself, I could vote on Fura for making a mountain out of a molehill, I could vote on myself for the same reason. But I'm not. Not for now.

Vote tally:
(2) Elandera: Araris Valerian, Elbereth
(1) Amanuensis: Straw
(3) Butt Ad Venture: drakemarshallow, Fura, Rath
(1) Straw: Sart
(1) Elbereth: Coda
(1) Aman: Striker

This post is... very, very interesting.

I'm about 80% sure this post is a tell, but I havent played enough with you to know if it is a village or elim tell. (I'll know after this game I suppose =)  )

I must say though, intentional or not, excellent job taking power and momentum away from me going after you. : )

11 hours ago, drakemarshallow said:

Kind of? I'm fairly optimistic about finding a better lead this cycle, but for now, you may consider it a vote in retaliation to a vote in retaliation to my vote, yes. Right now I'm mostly just concerned with progressing the D1 lynch past choosing people at complete random.

Just had time to reread the thread. What evidence is there of Venture voting on you in retaliation? I think his vote on you is a little strange, but he also said he was third most suspicious of you, and he wasnt going to vote on the first two. This would imply his vote is not in retaliation. Just yours.

Edit:

Oh, and I already have a village read on Rath. =)

Edit again:

I dont think Striker and Elandera can both be elims. Same with Rath and Venture.

Edited by Furamirionind
Third, not thirsty. Lol

28 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

This post is... very, very interesting.

I'm about 80% sure this post is a tell, but I haven't played enough with you to know if it is a village or elim tell. (I'll know after this game I suppose =)  )

I must say though, intentional or not, excellent job taking power and momentum away from me going after you. : )

I don't even know my own tells. I'm going to guess that it's a village one though... :P 

And thanks, I have my moments. Though, it's a given that you're not going to be taking away your vote. :D

28 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Because votes are flying around like cremlings in a highstorm, I've decided to give my D1 vote as an offering to the RNGods. Using the numbering of the player list, I have randomly selected three numbers (15, 6, 9) then averaged them, which is 10. Which is STINK.

Um. Ok. Seems convoluted, but I approve. Lol

Edit:

@Fifth Scholar @Devotary of Spontaneity @Snipexe (I've learned to tag all GMs when I have a question n : P. ) If Venture and Elandera are tied in votes at the end of this turn, what happens?

Edited by Furamirionind

43 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Because votes are flying around like cremlings in a highstorm, I've decided to give my D1 vote as an offering to the RNGods. Using the numbering of the player list, I have randomly selected three numbers (15, 6, 9) then averaged them, which is 10. Which is STINK.

I find this rather suspicious actually. Not the random voting, but the fact that your 3 "random" numbers are each conveniently divisible by 3 and thus average to an integer. Also, I believe this system would be more heavily weighted towards players in the center of the list.

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

If Venture and Elandera are tied in votes at the end of this turn, what happens?

If I remember correctly, tied votes are decided at random. 

EDIT:

Yes, they are.

On 11/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, Fifth Scholar said:

Ties will result in a random death.

Edited by Elandera

37 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I find this rather suspicious actually. Not the random voting, but the fact that your 3 "random" numbers are each conveniently divisible by 3 and thus average to an integer. Also, I believe this system would be more heavily weighted towards players in the center of the list.

I mean, I agree with you about the system being weighted more towards players in the center, but it is technically possible that HH ended up with 3 numbers that were all divisible by 3 by random chance alone. 

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

47 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I agree with you about the system being weighted more towards players in the center, but it is technically possible that HH ended up with 3 numbers that were all divisible by 3 by random chance alone. 

Hmm... facinating. 

Though I'm going to believe HH purely because I dont like the idea of lying about random chance.

57 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

It's a 1/27 chance, which is why I said it was suspicious. Although it seems rather convoluted to make up some numbers to justify a vote nobody cares about.

12 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm not so sure. Generally speaking, I think the best thing any villager can do is convince others they are village. Without scans the ideal way to do that is being consistent and proactive in finding elims. Process of elimination is a tried-and-true method for winning as village, and the longer a villager's alignment remains obscure, the longer it takes to narrow down the real eliminators.

I agree that's a good thing to do; the only way for me to do that is to act as I normally do, which requires more time than I'm willing to put in. So instead, I'm causing as much alignment-indicative discussion as possible, and trusting others to analyze it. (I was also trying to make my own lynch alignment-indicative, but I think I haven't done so well at that.)

10 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Close, I find Stab voting suspicious no matter who does it. But Araris has been trying to talk it down; she’s...more innocent. Still suspicious but...Stab votes are a part of SE now. I dislike it, can’t see how it helps in most games. But they’re a thing now.

Yes, it’s because of her seeming arbitrary posting. I can’t understand what they’re trying to achieve. I know there aren’t Joker roles but I could easily b convinced otherwise. A lynch on her would be useful? But I think that we’d get more letting them live. For now at least...

I agree with everything Araris said about stab votes, btw. Part of the reason I voted as I did is because I think they shouldn't be restricted to just 'Araris' thing', they're a useful tool in general. 

I'm trying to achieve discussion. And I have, in my opinion. :P 

Vote might change, might not. Elandera's lynch would be informative enough for D1 that I'm okay with it; not sure what I think of the Venture lynch. 

Aaand turning off normal!El now. :P Let's kill someone! 

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

It's a 1/27 chance, which is why I said it was suspicious. Although it seems rather convoluted to make up some numbers to justify a vote nobody cares about.

Yeah, I think this is probably a good case of Occam’s Razor. The simplest solution is almost always the right one. 

Why would HH even make up the whole random number thing just to vote on Stink? What would that serve him?

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Why would HH even make up the whole random number thing just to vote on Stink? What would that serve him?

Well he could be avoiding explaining his vote by claiming RNG which is pretty smart. 

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

My point was, what purpose would voting on Stink serve HH?

Probably, seeing as there would be no feasible way to lynch Stink, the vote was made to stop more helpful discussion.

So, currently there are two lynches with two or more votes. Mine...and Elandera's. In the interests of self-preservation I vote for Elandera. In the interests of my actual opinions I would vote for...actually...I'm making a D1 analysis post. Yes I know its early but...if I die I die. Might as well share my clearly biased opinions.

1. Elandera: I still have no idea why she's up for lynch. Been relatively helpful. Not neutral not elim not village.

2. Rathmaskal: Is named Rath. All I know for sure off the top of my head.

3. Butt Ad Venture: No idea why I'm in the vote lead. I mix up El and El. I dislike Stab voting. But...yeah. If I die I die and that means I'm dead. :( Not elim.

4. Xinoehp512: ...inactive. @xinoehp512

5. Araris Valerian: I admit, has been helpful. Stab voting...works. She may convince me yet. Surprisingly low elim threat

6. StrikerEZ: Kill him if HH flips evil. Otherwise...eh? I can't tell much of anything. More than meh elim threat

7. Furamirionind: Voting on me after admitting that my argument has merit. Highish elim threat

8. Hemalurgic Headshot: This 'random voting' is...not good, as expressed above. Higher Elim threat

9. Sart: @Sart

10. STINK: Nope nothing nada nien. A post about how to play SE? Would like to hear more from.

11. DrakeMarshmallow: Was a suspect for my Araris lynch. Kill him if they flip evil.

12. Amanuensis: *sighs* In the same boat as Rath. No idea what to feel. Been helpful though.

13. Coda: New player. I like the enthusiasm. I'm willing to assume village.

14. Straw: Hasn't been seen since a poking vote on Aman.

15. Elbereth: I thought you were evil for voting on Elandera. I'm still suspicious. Relatively higher than decent elim threat

@Butt Ad Venture
Who would you vote for were you not up for the lynch? You never finished your question. :P

I also might vote on you had you not just tied the vote, which I’m happy with - I think it highly unlikely that I would draw such attention to myself with that vote on Elandera were I evil. I fully expect to be lynched at some point, and am fine with that / am just trying to make it so that it’s a useful lynch informationally. Not exactly an elim line of thinking. 

Edited by Elbereth

Sorry, really rough day for me.

I'm tempted to switch to Elandera, but I'm happy with either Elandera or Venture lynch, and idk the vote count.

Also, I dont think j ever said I agreed with Venture. I just think he did a good job at subtly discrediting my initial argument for his lynch.

Turn ends in 3 minutes?