@Coda I think the general idea behind a poke vote is to generate discussion. In particular, if enough random votes land on an elim, then it forces them to respond. Also, “random” votes by elims are almost certainly not going to put other elims in danger of death, which gives further potential for analysis.

Also, I would like to clarify that my vote was a Stab Vote, rather than a poke vote. Traditionally poke votes are removed after the mentioned player appears and makes a post. A Stab Vote doesn’t move until a better lynch option becomes available. In other words, given the total lack of information so far, I’d be fine lynching Elandera because she is just as likely as anyone else to be an elim.

Interesting.  Though I think some people have gotten the idea that more has happened than actually has so far. : )

I agree with Drake that it is unlikely for El and Araris to both be elims. I also think this is NAI for both of them.
I think Drake's comment is also NAI, though if one of El/Araris is an elim, this could be Drake defending them.

Striker's comment and vote is interesting. It was still early D1 so possibly a poke vote, but I find it interesting primarily because I disagree.

10 hours ago, Elandera said:

Huh. Two votes already? :P If I didn't know any better, I'd be concerned

I find this line a bit off-putting. What makes you know better? Why would you be concerned?

10 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Well...I’m not sure what’s going on with the votes for Elandera, so currently everyone who has posted is suspicious. Araris and El for their seemingly random- oh...wait. Yeah it’s Araris’s thing. Elandera. Taking a poke vote and making it a lynch vote? I don’t like this. But...drake was is clearing too easily and Striker is not voting on El after expressing paranoia about her actions.

Your post looks to me as if you are changing you mind mid post, though I find that interesting as your post is short enough there isn't a ton to motivate any change.
Why do you find Elandera suspicious? It looks to me like you are seemingly voting on her for no reason. 
Why aren't you voting on Drake? It sounds to me like you suspect him most.

I also don't think Drake was actually clearing anyone. Just that he felt them more likely village than elim.

2 hours ago, Coda said:

Brightness Dejda threw up her hands in frfrustration. "Brightness @Elbereth, please explain your vote on Brightness Ellarel."

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

Fun? :P 

Brightness Dohila looked at Ellarel in surprise. "In such dangerous times, assassins around every corner, fun hardly seems like a suitable reason to advocate for killing one of our own.  We know some of us are traitors, but I'd rather avoid killing my friends if I can help it.
"Although," Dohila continued, turning to Dejda, "Brightness Dejda, Ultimately, it might help to remember that no one knows much of anything about anyone in this room. Due to this, I do think while Ellarel and Arilar are very possibly being a bit aggressive and premature, their actions are understandable".

11 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Well...I’m not sure what’s going on with the votes for Elandera, so currently everyone who has posted is suspicious. Araris and El for their seemingly random- oh...wait. Yeah it’s Araris’s thing. Elandera. Taking a poke vote and making it a lynch vote? I don’t like this.

Technically, since there is a 0 vote minimum for a lynch, my vote changed the lynch from randomly killing one of anybody to specifically killing Elandera. El’s vote didn’t actually change anything. Also, as mentioned above, my vote wasn’t a poke vote.

45 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I agree with Drake that it is unlikely for El and Araris to both be elims. I also think this is NAI for both of them.
I think Drake's comment is also NAI, though if one of El/Araris is an elim, this could be Drake defending them.

I find this line a bit off-putting. What makes you know better? Why would you be concerned?

Why do you find Elandera suspicious? It looks to me like you are seemingly voting on her for no reason. 

Disagree! NAI for Araris, not for me. 

Agree!

He is. :P Just like me! 

4 hours ago, Coda said:

Brightness @Elandera, do you have a defense?

Ellarel looked up in surprise. A defense? For wh-- oh yes. People were accusing her of attempting to kill the Highprince. "My defense would simply be I am innocent."

In truth, Ellarel had been daydreaming again, and wasn't sure why people were bringing her into the conversation in the first place. She just didn't want to admit that.

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Due to this, I do think while Ellarel and Arilar are very possibly being a bit aggressive and premature, their actions are understandable"

"Aggressive? What have I done that's aggressive?"

---

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

I know better than to be concerned about two votes that early in a game simply because there was nearly 48 hours left of potential discussion that may sway votes. While I consider both votes as possible to stay (simply because of who made the votes), I did not think it worth worry so early.

22 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Disagree! NAI for Araris, not for me. 

Agree!

He is. :P Just like me! 

I mean, I was trying to make it seem like you weren't a ghostblood, but if you don't want me to help any of you, I wont bother.

If you agree that that line seems offputting, then are you really voting on her for no reason? It seems to me that you do have a reason, even if it is just putting pressure on her or an offputting line.

12 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I know better than to be concerned about two votes that early in a game simply because there was nearly 48 hours left of potential discussion that may sway votes. While I consider both votes as possible to stay (simply because of who made the votes), I did not think it worth worry so early.

Emphasis mine.
Do you think it is time to worry now?

8 minutes ago, Elandera said:

"Aggressive? What have I done that's aggressive?"

"My apologies. When I said 'Ellarel', I really meant to say 'Tintallë'. Your names are rather similar after all"     : P

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I mean, I was trying to make it seem like you weren't a ghostblood, but if you don't want me to help any of you, I wont bother.

If you agree that that line seems offputting, then are you really voting on her for no reason? It seems to me that you do have a reason, even if it is just putting pressure on her or an offputting line.

If you think I'd act like this as a Ghostblood, that's your right. :P 

Mm, true. I do have a reason. And it's not that line, either, though it's weird.  

3 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Mm, true. I do have a reason. And it's not that line, either, though it's weird.  

El, I can’t remember the last time we played, but I don’t remember you being this....weird in games. :P

Drake
Elbereth

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Do you think it is time to worry now?

Not really. We still have about 31 hours left in the turn, and there's not much basis behind my lynch. So far it's a stab vote from Araris, an unexplained vote from an apparently chaotic-aligned Elbereth, and an unusual vote from Venture, in which he seems suspicious of El and Araris for voting on me, but also votes on me(?).

I signed up for this game in full knowledge that if I played properly I wouldn't do all the work I need to do for school. So I'm not playing properly. :P 

And hey, it's working! 

EDIT: 

an unexplained vote from an apparently chaotic-aligned Elbereth

I have never been chaotic in my life but it's surprisingly freeing. :P 

Edited by Elbereth

Just now, Elbereth said:

I signed up for this game in full knowledge that if I played properly I wouldn't do all the work I need to do for school. So I'm not playing properly. :P 

And hey, it's working! 

Oh? What's this proper way of playing then?

7 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

This has nothing to do with what I think. ; )

And do you intend on being particularly coy, or would you like to share something with the class?

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

El, I can’t remember the last time we played, but I don’t remember you being this....weird in games. :P

Drake
Elbereth

If being abnormally weird is grounds for a lynch, I'd never make it past D1. : )

I wasn't. :P 

EDIT: It's remarkably fun, though. 

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

EDIT: 

Emphasis mine.
I know, right? xD

2 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

And hey, it's working! 

EDIT: 

I mean, that’s fair. I’ve been tending to play more chaotically too lately, so it’d be kinda hypocritical of me to lynch you for it. If anything, I need to step up my game so I can get lynched D1 again. Don’t wanna break my streak now. :P

Elbereth

1 minute ago, STINK said:

Oh? What's this proper way of playing then?

Putting in effort? :P Not that I'm saying everyone has to, but it's how I usually play. 

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

This has nothing to do with what I think. ; )

And do you intend on being particularly coy, or would you like to share something with the class?

If you say so. :P 

I mean. If you have even the slightest sense of my priorities in playing games, it's not difficult to figure out. 

So, what do you think of Striker? :P

Well, my thoughts on most people is still fairly neutral. The only people who aren't are Drake, You, Striker and Elandera.
Striker and Elandera are slight elim. there have been a couple things in Elandera's posts that seem slightly off. Striker I too have been thinking of as slightly off, and he also cast a vote on you and quickly retracted it. I would not think a Striker/Elandera team unlikely at the moment.

You and Drake are slight village. I can't explain my read on you, but it has to do with how I acted in MR35, which you may or may not be familiar with, but about half the players in this game I believe were in that one.
Drake is more a village read for me because he quickly made beneficial conclusions that mirrored my own. Even if I knew he was a ghostblood though, I probably wouldn't vote for him on D1. : )

12 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

The thief win does end the game, yes.

Interesting. I had figured it would be a survivor-type role with gravy, but this puts it more in SK territory.

Something to watch out for. I could see the thief win con sneaking up on us and ending the game if we aren't careful.

5 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

I also don't think Drake was actually clearing anyone. Just that he felt them more likely village than elim.

You are pretty much right. I wasn't drawing conclusions about the individual chances of either Araris or El being elims, just that they almost definitely aren't both elims. Which, I feel is still a useful takeaway.

Brightness Dohila looked at Ellarel in surprise. "In such dangerous times, assassins around every corner, fun hardly seems like a suitable reason to advocate for killing one of our own.  We know some of us are traitors, but I'd rather avoid killing my friends if I can help it.
"Although," Dohila continued, turning to Dejda, "Brightness Dejda, Ultimately, it might help to remember that no one knows much of anything about anyone in this room. Due to this, I do think while Ellarel and Arilar are very possibly being a bit aggressive and premature, their actions are understandable".

"It is sadly a well-documented fact that the best way for Alethi nobility to get to know each other is by plotting to kill each other," Lord Ekard commented dryly.

3 hours ago, Elbereth said:

Very good, join the dark side :D

Anyways, I am voting/poking/stabbing/whateverit'scallednow Butt Ad Venture (@Butt Ad Venture) at least until they elaborate upon their vote a bit more.

These Roshari made more ripples than a rock in the Purelake. Tleir was having trouble keeping track of it all. Arilar (Araris Valerian) had started off the stampede on Ellarel (Elandera), which wasn't surprising, giving the man's pedigree as a spy. Tleir thought that would make him an excellent Ghostblood candidate, but her own position was built on silt, so she couldn't raise a complaint. Tintalle (Elbereth) had also enthusiastically joined in on that bandwagon. That Brightness was being exceedingly erratic, and seemed to delight in her own madness. Tleir couldn't tell if she was dumber than a redback or as a tricky as a palay maldaya. She wanted to say the former, but she wasn't ruling out the latter.

Then Ekard (Drake Marshall) tried to lead the lynch onto her (Sart), but then Nalakor (StrikerEZ) squared his attention on Ekard. And then Hymnyes (Butt Ad Venture) put another vote on Ellarel, for unclear reasons. Straw was at least trying to get Leiken (Amanuensis) involved, but that wasn't really adding to the discussion. Nalakor (StrikerEZ) was being fickle, and changed to vote on the fickle Tintalle, before backing down once again. Lastly, Ekard had apparently forgotten about her, and was now voting for Hymnyes. So, by her tally, that left the votes as followed.

Vote Count:
Elandera (3): Araris Valerian, Elbereth, Butt Ad Venture
Amanuensis (1): Straw
Butt Ad Venture (1): Drake Marshall

-----------------

At this point, the people voting on Elandera seem too evil to be evil. It's too bold of a play for an Elim to back a lynch with literally no backing. I'm going to place a vote on Straw. He's only made one short post, but he both implicated the members of Elandera's train, and then placed a poke vote. It seems like he's trying to skate by without contributing anything.