Thanks, I guess? :P I’m not asking you to vote, but if you had to choose one of us to die today, who would it be? 

EDIT: Also, letting RNG decide is a bad option when the eliminators have a Pain Knife? If Aman is evil (or if I am), he’ll just survive and you’ll have to spend another cycle lynching him for being saved by the elims, while he’s argui nd that the elims just did that to get both of us dead. (And if we’re both village, the elims do that anyway and whoever survives gets lynched or argued about for the rest of the game.)

Edited by Elbereth

56 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Thanks, I guess? :P I’m not asking you to vote, but if you had to choose one of us to die today, who would it be? 

EDIT: Also, letting RNG decide is a bad option when the eliminators have a Pain Knife? If Aman is evil (or if I am), he’ll just survive and you’ll have to spend another cycle lynching him for being saved by the elims, while he’s argui nd that the elims just did that to get both of us dead. (And if we’re both village, the elims do that anyway and whoever survives gets lynched or argued about for the rest of the game.)

If I had to vote, it would be you. I don't really have much justification besides Aman's insightful analysis, my inability to read you, and your instigation of the duel. 

Your other point is valid. I'll wait and see what the more analytical players think. 

And look at my chaoticism coming back to bite me. :P I would point out, though, that my instigating the duel draws heavy attention on me, and if Aman and Araris both flip good (which could happen as soon as the next day cycle if the Shardblade decides to hit Araris and get this mess over with), I am more than willing to be lynched or shardblade-killed. I can’t say I’ll like it, but that’s the price for doing this and I accepted it when it started. 

Basically, if Aman were evil, why wouldn’t I just kill him (he even asked for it last night) and be done with it? Even if you go with HH being my teammate, I could probably protect him from the lynch were Aman removed.

Basically what I’m asking is, why does me instigating the lynch make me any more suspicious? 

(Also, Aman always has insightful analysis. Would be a lot more convenient if that’d turn off when he was evil. :P

EDIT: Also, I encourage you to make up your mind without relying on other players! You have just as fine analytical skills, and the metagame doesn’t play too much of a role in this. You have the ability to decide for yourself - and if you’re wrong, that’s how you improve! 

Edited by Elbereth

@Coda I would not be especially happy to be lynched as a result of my encouragement, but I care more about doing this the right way than winning. (That’s also why I’m not taking advantage of Aman’s rep, either. We can both be analyzed, and I want others to do so on our merits, not how scary we are.) So if you think lynching me is best, then do it. I just happen to disagree. :P 

Two further things:

One. I’ve been re-convinced of Aman’s evilness. :P In large part because when I was rereading I looked more at this post:

8 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'd be voting for HH, but you bring up a good point about going straight for the Shardblade wielder. Striker targeting Sart is a good explanation for that, but I think it depends a lot on who the actual Shardbearer is. I'm honestly wondering if the person who attacked Sart should claim right now. Unless 3 people targeted him, the elims have whoever it is narrowed down for sure, and knowing their identity could help us clear an extra person.

And I just can’t help but feel that he’s trying to flush out the Shardbearer’s identity because for some reason the elim team doesn’t know - if Striker didn’t target Sart after all (which Aman himself thinks unlikely), then the only thing I can think of is that Sart didn’t set up his Alerter. Which would explain why Aman is now fishing for said claim. 

Is that less likely than Striker having targeted Sart and just not said Sart was a suspicion or told anyone about it? Probably. But I would still heavily recommend the Shardbearer not claim, and instead pass your Shardblade tonight to someone you trust so that if the elims do know your identity, killing you won’t net them the blade. 

Also, we don’t actually know that Aman has given Artifabrian items to two villagers. While I am skeptical of an Aman/Araris team, I could see Aman/Stink  easily enough. Either way, I don’t find his Artifabrianship and creating items for possible non-teammates (with a notable absence N2, in which he could’ve created something for his team if he liked) especially convincing of his villageness  - Aman being himself means he would absolutely come under suspicion at some point this game, and it’s more useful for him to look extremely village than to have an extra kill every two cycles. 

Secondly, we really need to have a wide vote differential if Aman is evil. There are two votes on him right now; one is his own. Say Drake, Bard, and HH all come on and vote for him - that’s 5-3, presently. Aman switching last minute ties it, and the pain knife kills me. Sure, he’s then essentially outed, but it doesn’t put his remaining teammate in danger and it gives them an extra night of actions before he’s killed / lynched, which is a massive difference if it’s one elim vs two especially with the number of items they’ve acquired by now. 

So. If I’m right, we then need a vote difference of 3 to guarantee a tie, and of 4 to be sure Aman is evil. 

TL;DR

Everyone who has voted for me (except Stink, who’s inscrutable as usual) has expressed they think I’m village. They also seem to think Aman is village, with which I disagree. Aman has expressly said he would rather be out of the game because RL/NaNo are being a pain (which, btw, I feel >>). So why is everyone voting on me, when Aman has voted on himself and doesn’t think I’m evil? Why is everyone voting on someone the entire thread thinks is good as opposed to someone who is much more likely to be evil? 

I would accept the argument “everyone just disagrees with you that he’s evil” if anyone other than Aman and Araris had actually responded to that claim. :P 

@Straw @Young Bard @drakemarshallow @Hemalurgic Headshot Care to weigh in? 

Edited by Elbereth

Well, this is a conundrum. Aman has made me really think about his alignment. Storms, he's even made me really think about my alignment. Am I really a Rat? What am I doing on Roshar? These are the things that happen when stuff gets big-brained around here. Nevertheless, something must be done. Coda, this is not the time for tied votes. El is makes a good point about the Pain Knife. If you are going to tie the vote, you have to do it at the last second, like I did;).

I am going to stand with El here. Not only is she sticking up for me :P, she has made some good points. I'm less inclined to believe Aman's position, because most of it hinges on me being evil, and I know I'm not evil. So Aman.

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

Secondly, we really need to have a wide vote differential if Aman is evil. There are two votes on him right now; one is his own. Say Drake, Bard, and HH all come on and vote for him - that’s 5-3, presently. Aman switching last minute ties it, and the pain knife kills me. Sure, he’s then essentially outed, but it doesn’t put his remaining teammate in danger and it gives them an extra night of actions before he’s killed / lynched, which is a massive difference if it’s one elim vs two especially with the number of items they’ve acquired by now. 

So. If I’m right, we then need a vote difference of 3 to guarantee a tie, and of 4 to be sure Aman is evil. 

I'm not so sure about this. If something like that happens, it will only delay his lynch by a cycle, and we have enough players left for that to not be an issue.

9 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not so sure about this. If something like that happens, it will only delay his lynch by a cycle, and we have enough players left for that to not be an issue.

That’s a cycle where there are two elims, not one, able to put in actions, which could well be significant (especially if, eg, Aman is in fact the artifabrian on the team and wants to make a half shard for his partner before he dies). And if Aman plays it right - eg just slowly starts suspecting me and doesn’t actually hammer but votes sometime early tomorrow - then he might well be able to stave off the lynch for more than a cycle by arguing the elims were trying to frame him. (See: his outed eliminator record in general. >>) That’s also half why I’m saying this, so that if he does try to pull something like this it’s more likely to actually get him lynched. 

And thanks, Coda. :P I appreciate someone thinking my reasoning might be sound. 

EVERYTHING I WROTE IS GONE.

Edit incoming.

ED1T:

13 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The lynch has a 0 vote minimum, so someone will still die even if there are no votes.

Duel claims cannot be retracted.

Ah, okay. Well I guess if we can't get out of this, we might as well try to make this fun. I'll do some RP later for my writing warm up and try to give Ularid some good characterization for the write up.

9 hours ago, Elbereth said:

@Coda I would not be especially happy to be lynched as a result of my encouragement, but I care more about doing this the right way than winning. (That’s also why I’m not taking advantage of Aman’s rep, either. We can both be analyzed, and I want others to do so on our merits, not how scary we are.) So if you think lynching me is best, then do it. I just happen to disagree. :P 

Two further things:

One. I’ve been re-convinced of Aman’s evilness. :P In large part because when I was rereading I looked more at this post:

And I just can’t help but feel that he’s trying to flush out the Shardbearer’s identity because for some reason the elim team doesn’t know - if Striker didn’t target Sart after all (which Aman himself thinks unlikely), then the only thing I can think of is that Sart didn’t set up his Alerter. Which would explain why Aman is now fishing for said claim. 

Is that less likely than Striker having targeted Sart and just not said Sart was a suspicion or told anyone about it? Probably. But I would still heavily recommend the Shardbearer not claim, and instead pass your Shardblade tonight to someone you trust so that if the elims do know your identity, killing you won’t net them the blade. 

Also, we don’t actually know that Aman has given Artifabrian items to two villagers. While I am skeptical of an Aman/Araris team, I could see Aman/Stink  easily enough. Either way, I don’t find his Artifabrianship and creating items for possible non-teammates (with a notable absence N2, in which he could’ve created something for his team if he liked) especially convincing of his villageness  - Aman being himself means he would absolutely come under suspicion at some point this game, and it’s more useful for him to look extremely village than to have an extra kill every two cycles. 

TL;DR

Everyone who has voted for me (except Stink, who’s inscrutable as usual) has expressed they think I’m village. They also seem to think Aman is village, with which I disagree. Aman has expressly said he would rather be out of the game because RL/NaNo are being a pain (which, btw, I feel >>). So why is everyone voting on me, when Aman has voted on himself and doesn’t think I’m evil? Why is everyone voting on someone the entire thread thinks is good as opposed to someone who is much more likely to be evil? 

I would accept the argument “everyone just disagrees with you that he’s evil” if anyone other than Aman and Araris had actually responded to that claim. :P 

@Straw @Young Bard @drakemarshallow @Hemalurgic Headshot Care to weigh in? 

I personally would be surprised if Sart didn't use his Alerter. Mostly because of this post:

Given that the subject was items and it was 4 hours before turn over, I think it's more likely he used it. But I can accept the possibility he made a mistake. We all do, myself included (*flashbacks to Brass Rioter intensifies*).

But okay. Assuming Sart didn't use it. At the point where I wondered if the Shardbearer should just claim, I was only tied in votes because of my self vote. I personally know I wouldn't openly fish like that if it meant putting my life at risk, especially with a teammate dead already. Knowing their identity could be a good reward, but I don't believe it'd be worth it.

It's worth mentioning that while I've worked hard on becoming a more "relaxed" player in these games, I also care a lot about winning, or more importantly, doing right by my teammates. Voting for myself like I am would go against both of those things. I am still okay with dying, but I think it's worth pointing out in defense of myself. If people vote for me, I would rather it be because they think it's best for the village rather than thinking I'm something I'm not.

I had more reasons for why I can't be partners with Sart, but I don't feel like typing it again unless it really matters haha.

@Elbereth, I have a question for you. If you think there's a chance you're wrong about me, do you think letting the elims be the ones to kill me tonight while I get one last item made for a villager would be worth it? 

ED2T:

• (4) AmanuensisElberethAmanuensisHemalurgic HeadshotCoda
  • (2) ElberethSTINKAraris Valerian

Edited by Amanuensis

14 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

@Elbereth, I have a question for you. If you think there's a chance you're wrong about me, do you think letting the elims be the ones to kill me tonight while I get one last item made for a villager would be worth it? 

ED2T:

• (4) AmanuensisElberethAmanuensisHemalurgic HeadshotCoda
  • (2) ElberethSTINKAraris Valerian

I was hoping to have a reply to this before I went to bed tonight, but sadly everyone has had just as busy a day as me. Which means I have to be the one to make a decision, I guess.

I've deliberated on this some more and feel no matter who survives this lynch is going to likely be the next target of the elims, and with what information I have, I believe that keeping my Artifabrian role alive for one more night is the better option for the village. So AmanuensisElbereth.

Counting Straw's vote that brings us to...

• (4) AmanuensisElberethHemalurgic HeadshotCodaStraw
  • (3) ElberethSTINKAraris ValerianAmanuensis

15 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I apologize for sleeping for fourteen hours until literally five minutes ago. >>

No, I absolutely do not think that. First off, if the elims kill you, you won't actually get to make that item because OoA has Artifabrian items made after kills.  Secondly, I don't believe the elims would kill you - I think they'd leave you alive, leaving this whole mess to fester and presumably you to lynch HH tomorrow, who I'm nearly certain is good. 

Thirdly,  a chance isn't enough. I put maybe a 30% of you being village right now - which is incredibly low compared to my 100% chance for myself. I would need at least a 95% chance to think that a single temporary item would be worth more than a guaranteed villager's death. 

I just hope the elims don't use their Pain Knife, I guess. Pity that Drake and Bard didn't get on. 

EDIT: Also, this is why I don't put much stock in the 'I wouldn't vote on myself and put myself in danger if I were evil' argument, because look, you didn't end up voting on yourself. And gave a perfectly legitimate (if wrong) reason for it. 

EDIT 2: and I am mildly frustrated that by falling back asleep before I could respond that OoA says you're wrong, I gave you the excuse to switch to me while still appearing village in doing so. >> 

Edited by Elbereth

Alright, down to business. With Sart acting as a lead, we should have a decent shot at figuring this out.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, Young Bard said:

checking in as a pinchhitter for Rath

welcome to the madhouse :)

On 11/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, Elbereth said:

I hereby declare a duel between myself and Amanuensis under the rights granted to me by Sart’s shattered Shardplate.

I love me some good dueling and all the dramatic flair of public challenges, but, reading the "final draft" of the rules, there's nothing about dueling in there? I think it got removed when there weren't enough players.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:04 AM, STINK said:

Oh well without any PMs or so, Elbereth 

Sorry for not responding to your PM, by the way. Are we still allowed to use it?

On 11/20/2019 at 7:12 AM, Elbereth said:

Day 1: lynch is between Venture and Elandera. Elandera saves herself with last-minute vote manipulation and Venture dies (and is good). 

Night 1: Elandera is killed, probably so the elims can take her Pain Knife and have a roleblock / soothe. 

Day 2: Sart thinks that Elandera’s death is meant to focus attention away from the people who voted on Venture, Rath/Bard, Fura, and Drake. Aman calls him out on this, Coda votes for Sart and Aman follows. 

Araris votes on HH. Fura votes with me on Striker, tying Sart and Striker 2-2. 

Later in the day, Araris expresses that since no one else is willing to vote HH, he’s uncertain but will break the tie in Sart’s favor (disfavor?), putting Sart for the first time in serious danger of being lynched. 

Sart then votes on Xino, saying that he could save himself but doesn’t think Striker is evil (and says it’s a principle vote against inactivity, which is definitely not just an elim thing but I’m also not interested in getting into). 

Aman then says his vote on Sart was intended to cause discussion, and moves to Xino with no reasoning for why he thinks Sart is less suspicious. This puts Xino in the lead, which I would argue is unlikely for village!Aman because it’s a completely non-informational lynch. Even a mislynch on a good candidate is more useful than lynching someone completely inactive. He also tells Araris he’d be fine switching to HH if Araris is around.

Araris then votes on HH (taking Sart down to a single vote on him) and Aman follows up, tying it 2-2-2 on Striker, HH, and Xino. 

Fura doesn’t like this and moves off Striker to Xino, putting him firmly in the lead. 

I then last-minute vote Sart because I want to see what happens if Xino gets a vote soothed off of him (and because I was planning on tying it last minute before all these shenanigans happened and I really wanted to hammer >>). Fura tries to counter by moving to HH, but messes up his code (and is mistaken about the vote count regardless). 

Night 2: Xino was the thief. Fura is killed and was village. The presumably village Shardblade attacks Sart, but he doesn’t die. 

Day 3: Very quiet. After a while Araris and Sart vote Drake. Oh, and Stink votes me without any particular reasoning attached. About five or six hours before cycle end, I vote Sart for his response to being attacked, and for the D2 lynch moving off him as soon as he was in danger. Three minutes before turnover, HH joined me on that vote, tying it, and Sart lost the coin flip and was revealed to be an eliminator with Shardplate (which I received). 

Night 3: No sign of the Shardblade, Striker died, and I express the feeling that one of Aman or Araris - who moved the vote off Sart D2 - are evil, leaning towards Araris. 

• Would the elims have a way of knowing Elandera had a pain knife though?
  • It sounds like I need to read day 2 closely.
On 11/20/2019 at 7:16 AM, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

This duel is formally recognised, All votes this cycle must be for either Elbereth or Amanuensis.

I stand corrected.

Well, at least this makes it easier for me to get caught up. For the purposes of this cycle I only have a pressing need to analyze two people and decide which one I think is more guilty.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:29 AM, Amanuensis said:

I think this is your first game with me in a while so I can let it go. But this is definitely not my play style or my perspective. If I'm not confident that an active player is an elim, I will always pursue an inactive or low active first, because the long-term activity of a game is a lot more important to me than risking the death of a vocal villager. Also, that whole non-informational lynch thing is a bit subjective. I disagree that killing Sart D2 would have been more informative than killing HH. In fact, I am even more suspicious of HH after what happened last night.

I can agree with the logic of encouraging activity / picking the least of the evils in a lynch.

My question is, beyond not liking the alternatives, did you have a reason to suspect Xino in particular? Insofar as I have a sense of your playstyle / thought process, I feel like you tend to play mostly hands off until you have a positive suspicion of a particular target.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, Amanuensis said:

Well, just so you know I'm an Artifabrian :P N1 I made STINK a Spanreed, N2 I was inactive and never put in any orders, and N3 I made an item of Araris' choice.

Interesting.

From a purely meta perspective I would be slightly surprised by an elim artifabrian, particularly since it makes the elims much more powerful by giving them 1.5x the number of kills, but I'm not going to put very much stock in that, given the devious disposition of most SE GMs.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily expect an elim!artifabrian to hand out stuff to villagers. Aman is certainly capable of using this as a ploy, but this is sacrificing multiple extra kills in exchange for a fairly nebulous benefit, and the simplest answer is that it doesn't make sense for an eliminator to play their hand that way.

I also note that you made a spanreed, which is likely one of the safer items to grant to another player. Is there a particular reason for that choice?

On 11/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, STINK said:

Also it's rare to see someone making a play 'for the writeup' :P

Also you guys are doing that emoji like way too much what on earth is going on anyways,

:P

...and the cycle is nearly up :blink:

I don't like being a slow reader.

I am voting for Elbereth:

• If I were an eliminator with a shard, I would 100% issue a challenge. It's a high profile way to control what happens in a cycle, and with the likelihood of vote manipulations the outcome can be controled.
  • While the fact that her playstyle has changed is not inherently suspicious, I feel a bit off about her new playstyle.
  • I don't think Aman is evil. Evil!Aman would have to be an artifabrian, and then would have to choose to either include other teammates in a very risky gambit or sacrifice the use of what is probably the elim team's most powerful item in exchange for trust.
    • I may be biased by my the last game I played with Aman, but then again, I am getting really similar vibes right now with people second guessing everything Aman says to what went down in that game, when he was a villager and I lead the charge against him.

“I denounce you Ularid!” Brightness Tintallë’s voice rang out as she strode through the warcamp wearing the slowly reforming Plate that had once belonged to Brightness Tleir. “For too long, you have been allowed to murder your way through our ranks, but no longer! I challenge you to a full Shardbearer duel to the death, today at noon.”

Ularid blinked in surprise. This was not how he had expected this day to go. Still, he could not refuse a challenge issued by a Shardbearer. He stood up from the table where he had been eating a leisurely breakfast. “If my lady desires a duel, I will of course accept. Still, I must ask you to reconsider. Our numbers are dwindling; we must work together if we are to root out the Ghostbloods.”

Allë stepped right into Ularid’s face, forcing the man to step backwards instinctively. “You’re welcome to submit to a full body search, ‘Brightlord’”. Your associate had the most fascinating mark etched into her shoulder. Who knows where we’ll find it on you?” Ularid said nothing. Satisfied, Allë turned to leave, pausing only to call out “I suppose we’ll be searching your corpse instead.” 

As soon as Tintallë was gone from view, Ularid’s right arm began to shake involuntarily. Irritably, he grabbed it with his left and forced himself to calm down. He had been a fair hand with a blade in his prime, though he’d never gotten to wield a Shardblade except for brief practice sessions. He hadn’t fought in actual combat since the days of Gavilar’s campaign to reunite Alethkar under the Kholin banner. He didn’t know if he could hold off an opponent who would be trying to kill him, but now he had no choice. He would go before the son of the man who had ordered his home assaulted and request the tools necessarily to potential allow him to survive the day.

News of the challenge spread quickly throughout the camp. Brightlords Jumae III and Arilar tried to make Tintallë change her mind, but there was no stopping a duel once it had started. King Elhokar himself presented Blades to both Tintallë and Ularid, providing a set of Plate for the latter and enough stormlight to repair the cracks in the former’s. At noon exactly, the two duelists walked into the arena, trailed by their entourages. Allë was trailed by Dedja, Straw, and the ferocious creature who had unmasked Tleir. Jumae and Arilar followed Ularid into the entrance on the arenas other side. The noncombatants took their seats, and the arena doors slammed shut, right in the face of Brightlord Ekard who had been trying to catch up with Ularid. Once everyone was seated, King Elhokar rose to address the sparse crowd. “It is my honour to preside over this death duel today. May the Almighty smile upon the virtuous, and strike down any who seek to inflict harm upon Alethkar. Combatants, ready your Blades. Begin.” 

As soon as the words left the King’s mouth, Allë was charging towards her opponent, the Thrill racing through her veins. While not well-used to lethal combat, she had been practicing her Smokestance for years now with borrowed weapons. The Shardblade she held now was far longer than any sword she’d practiced with, but no heavier. Giddily, she swung the massive blade at Ularid, aiming for his neck plates. Ularid executed a two handed counterswing without moving his feet and the two weapons collided with a clang. Still grinning, Allë disengaged and stepped to her right, swinging this time at her opponent’s leg. This tactic worked far better with a knife in the left hand which could be simultaneously plunged into an exposed chest, but Allë had no knife today, not that one would have accomplished anything against intact Plate. Ularid accepted the blow, choosing to shove Allë backwards with his left hand. She stumbled backwards, noticing the shattered section of plate above Ularid’s left knee. Steadying herself, she jumped right back into battle.

Ularid couldn’t feel the Thrill, not anymore. He remembered what it had felt like, the pure joy of battlelust singing as he cut down enemies in Kholin blue while his city burned behind him. Back then, he had been proud to fight for his lord. Now, he felt nothing as he desperately tried to keep himself alive. Battle was just another job, just something that needed to be done. He settled himself back into Stonestance as Tintallë came in for another strike, still trying to think of a way to end this without bloodshed. His left leg was no longer moving with full power, but that didn’t matter anymore. There was no reason for him to run. He deliberately left his guard low, and Tintallë obliged, swinging a vicious horizontal blow that shattered his breastplate. Ularid stepped forward and grabbed her blade as she tried to swing again, wresting the weapon from her grasp and letting it drop on the arena floor. Once it left his hands, it vanished, disintegrating back into mist. Tintallë stepped back startled as Ularid dismissed his own Blade and stood unable to move at the arena’s centre. The king’s voice cut through the shocked silence. “The duel is over. Attendants, assist Ularid in getting out of his armour.”

Allë heard her heartbeat thunder in her ears as the king spoke. One. Two. “No,” she cut in. “This is not over. That man will kill us all in our sleep. He will assassinate you, your Majesty, and bring our kingdom toppling down.” Elhokar made no response. Five. Six. Darkeyed servants had reached the arena floor now, and were stripping the intact pieces of Plate from his immobile body. Allë snarled. Nine. Ten. Her own Shardblade dropped into her hands, nearly two meters long with  gentle curve. The tip of the Blade glittering in the noonday sun, she charged towards the unarmed, unarmoured Ularid. Alarmed, the darkeyes scattered. Just as she was about to cleave Ularid’s worthless head from his shoulders, Jumae and Arilar stepped in from of him protectively. Allë stopped her swing before it could cleave through all three of them. “You don’t understand, he’s the one we need to kill,” she implored the intervening Brightlords. She glanced at her own supporters for affirmation, but even they seemed hesitant. A duel was one thing, striking down a helpless man without verifying his innocence was another. Gritting her teeth in frustration, Allë took up the Blade in her right hand and held it aloft. “Fine. If you don’t trust my judgement now, then what was the point of all this? Let Elhokar die. Let the Ghostbloods burn Alethkar to the ground. I’ll be laughing from the Tranquiline Halls. I expect you’ll all be joining me soon.” So saying, she removed her helmet, reversed her grip on the hilt and drove the Blade into her own neck. Her eyes burned out and her body collapsed onto the sands. The Shardblade fell to the ground, ownerless.

The blade clattered to the ground, continuing its arc as it cut through the challenger. They had her. The shardbearer. The one responsible for this mess, for Mraize burning through cells faster than addict with moss. Had it been worth it? The women had ended her life. That spoke for itself. She knew she had been in too deep, drowning in hidden knives and secret poisons. She had played her cards, and the Ghostbloods had had the upper hand. It was inevitable. All that was left was to quench the fires they had started, extinguishing  lives as quickly as the blaze had begun. The knives that had flashed in the night without discrimination, were now to be turned to far more surgical strikes. He slipped from his perch and slipped a note to the women watching the chull stall. It had the necessary instructions on it. 

Elbereth was killed in a duel! She was a Noble with a Shardblade and Shardplate! 

Vote Count:

El (4): El, Aman, Stink, Araris

Aman (3): HH, Straw, Coda

Night 4 has begun! It will end in approximately 22 hours on Friday 22 November, at 9 PM EST.

Spanreeds may again be used to freely open PMs of up to three players, provided the GMs are included.

Very special thanks to Devotary for El’s death scene, and the entire duel, in fact. Please send out the upvote mobs against her most recent posts. 

Good luck!

Player List: 

1. Elandera as Brightness Ellarel, a flighty scribe who nonetheless remains tethered to the ground Noble

2. Rathmaskal/Young Bard as Brightlord I.N., whose reversed name conceals his role as a secret member of the Knights of Ni

3. Butt Ad Venture as Brightness Hmynyes, a connoisseur of classical Vorin music Noble

4. Xinoehp512 as Brightlord Rashor, a man who determinedly believes that blue wine is a plague from the Voidbringers Thief

5. Araris Valerian as Brightlord Arilar, a recently arrived spy with ties to the Kholins 

6. StrikerEZ as Brightlord Nalakor, a professional chull breeder and racer and close friend of the King’s Wit Noble Spy

7. Furamirionind as Brightness Dohila, a lighteyes who insists on wearing only orange and green lace Noble

8. Hemalurgic Headshot as Rat, a pet of Brightlord Joe and a secret worldhopper

9. Sart as Tleir, a Purelaker trying desperately to impersonate the missing Brightness Drella while House Sebarial hunts for her Ghostblood

10. STINK as Jumae III, a Brightlord whose eccentricity in fashion contrasts sharply with a docile and even temperament 

11. DrakeMarshmallow as Brightlord Ekard, a man at the mercy of the Almighty Himself

12. Amanuensis as Brightlord Ularid Leiken, a man hunting a chull with a green shell which once insulted his mother

13. Coda as Brightness Dejda, one of Adolin’s former girlfriends who now hates the Kholins with a passion

14. Straw as Brightlord Straw, an effigy of Gavilar which was officially recognised as a lighteyes of the fourth dahn 

15. Elbereth as Brightness Tintallë, whose title has come under charges of redundancy by expert Quenya scholars Noble

Sorry El. I should let you know I'm the one responsible for your vote change. I began this game with a Reverser that I never had a reason to use until last turn. Had I known about the Order of Actions, I would have never submitted the order. I just hope that the Shardblade is still in village hands.

...Well, I'd been leaning towards this having been just a village-village dispute until that vote manipulation. Now, I'm much more inclined to believe Aman's an Elim. I just hope the village still has the numbers to lynch Aman next cycle, though right now, I'm not sure. Sorry El, for not trusting your judgement more.

14 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

...Well, I'd been leaning towards this having been just a village-village dispute until that vote manipulation. Now, I'm much more inclined to believe Aman's an Elim. I just hope the village still has the numbers to lynch Aman next cycle, though right now, I'm not sure. Sorry El, for not trusting your judgement more.

While I am biased, I think the opposite is more likely. We know the Elims have a Pain Knife, but the vote manipulation here was a Reverser, which I claimed. If I were an elim I could have been using that Reverser from the very start of the game to mess with the village and even save Sart D2. I did none of those things because I didn't have a good enough reason to be the deciding vote for any lynch.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Not sure who I actually suspect rn tbh, see what the guts saying later

I'm still suspicious of HH and Straw, and I think it's no coincidence they both voted for me. But I suppose that could just be confirmation bias.

I would like to see more of Bard's thoughts, tho, since Rath wasnt active enough for me to get a good read on. 

• Young Bard: Is probably village due to Rath's inactivity, however, has no significant amount of content to analyze one way or another. Please post more :D
  • Araris Valerian: Has known my role for a while, similar thought progressions to myself which suggests villager mindset.
  • Hemalurgic Headshot: Deciding vote to kill Sart when the elims have known vote manipulation and didn't use it. Also had a PM with Striker before he died, which makes me believe he got a role and item claim to inform Striker's death.
  • STINK: Has known my role for a very long time and despite not making him more items, I'm still alive and haven't been roleblocked by elim Pain Knife once. 
  • drakemarshmellow: Sart's repeated suspicion (unlikely to be distancing) and long bout of inactivity suggest villagerhood. 
  • Coda: Very good / pure D1, voted alongside El when the eliminators would have surely known she was the Shardbearer who attacked Sart (assuming that Sart used Alerter)
  • Straw: Sart's D1 vote looks like distancing to me, hasn't provided enough content to significantly analyze. Lurking eliminator?

These are my reads as of right now, in case I die. I stand by that the lynch order should be HH > Straw > Bard.