Take A Deep Breath

AonEne

Just now, The Awakened Salad said:

Hey guys, I was directed here by Honorless (sorry, not sure how to tag people) in my intro thread. I've never been in an RP before but I'd love to join if you'll have me. Also, would someone be able to explain to me how it all works exactly?

Ah! Hello! Welcome to the RP side of the Shard! There's a few guidelines that @AonEne mentions on the first page here about content, but beyond that the only real thing is OOC stuff goes in quote boxes (You can make these by clicking on the quote marks on the upper bar of the post area) to help keep track. If you want more info on the various forms of RP we have here, you can PM me, or I can PM you and give you a rundown if you want!

Happy RPing!

Hello and welcome! I’m also willing to answer questions if you have any. You can tag someone by typing @ and then their username, then selecting it from the list that pops up. It won’t work in a quote box. 

Spoiler

Name: Elias (do Nalthians have last names? never seen one)

Age/gender: 64, male

Appearance: White hair, grandfatherly old man

Skills: Doctor (Medicine being a consistently high-paying profession is a relatively recent development-ex. Lirin), 

Family: Parents and wife dead. An adult son, living in another city. A brother, living in another country

Place of Origin: Hallandren (no cities in Hallandren are named except for T'Telir)

Backstory: Elias was a doctor somewhere in Hallandren for most of his life. After his son left and his wife died, he decided to go to T'Telir and experience the wonders of the city firsthand. After getting there and buying a house, he found himself a little short on cash, so he reopened his doctor's business. He just arrived, so he isn't well-known yet, but he's hopeful.

How he lost his breath: He gave it away to the gods. As a follower of the Iridescent Tones, he considered it an honor.

Personality: Kind, easygoing except on core issues, can be patronizing at times. Has a soft spot for children.

Religion: Iridescent Tones, devout

I'm surprised by how few of your character have houses

When I made this character, I was only thinking of buying Breath. I didn't think about dying patients giving their Breaths to their doctor, and I have no plans to do that right now. If most of you still think that he can get Breath too easily, then I'll change his job.

Edited by I ♥️ Rashek
Thoughts on Breath

I think that’s fine, I wouldn’t even mind if he got Breaths that way, so long as it wasn’t a ton. And I’m not sure how many would even give it to him, I think a lot of people might want to die with their Breath. 

Spoiler

Hey guys.. this just gave me an idea.. 

how about if my character also acts as the middleman between priests and people who would like to give up their breaths.. 

hailey is devout so it could fit right in !! 

Edited by The traveller

Spoiler

This is my character. If there is anything I need to change or adapt, just let me know.

Name: Ana

Age/gender: Female, 13

Appearance: Short, with pale skin from staying indoors a lot. She has short brown hair. 

Skills: Nimble and dexterous, good with her hands.

Family: She lives with her father, her mother is deceased. She has an uncle living in another city.

Place of Origin: T'Telir

Backstory: Ana was an only child raised in a wealthy family in T'Telir. When she was 10, her parents were taken by a sudden sickness, and over the next two years it left her mother dead and her father very sickly. They spent all of their money on treatment, and when they ran out sold their possessions and moved to a poorer area. Her mother's condition worsened, and she eventually died. Desperate, Ana pleaded at the Court of Gods for one of the Returned to save her father, to no avail. With no other options, she sold her breath in return for some mystery medicine, and gave it to her father. He eventually got better, but was still weak. Her uncle is a merchant in another city, and he occasionally sends them funds, but it is barely enough to buy food. Ana is still trying to find work to support herself and her father. She and her father are resented by those around them, however, due to their previous wealth. 

Personality: Kind and charitable, but naive. Overly trusting and sheltered. Was a bit spoiled, but has hardened a bit after losing her wealth. She can also be stubborn. 

Religion: Devout follower of Iridescent Tones

10 hours ago, The traveller said:

do I need to make a change in the character intro?
None but I am open to suggestions for nickname

What exactly do you mean there? 

Can I call you Trav? ^_^ 

I’ll write something for Clare eventually. 

Can I join? Character ^_^

Spoiler

Name: Aoryen Fial

Age/gender: 23, Male

Appearance: Strong build from years out at sea. Average height. Brown, unkempt hair that reaches to his ears. Run-of-the-mill brown eyes, has stubble and calloused hands from labour.

StrengthsSkilled with a cutlass, skilled with boats and sailing, and skilled with gambling. That’s about it.

Weakness: Not very knowledgeable otherwise. Had a very limited worldview and doesn’t know much about the world that he hasn’t directly experienced. Gambling addict. Speaks in a thick accent with lots of slang that makes him hard to understand sometimes  (:P)

Family: A younger and an older brother, both more responsible than him.

Place of Origin: Hudres

How he lost his breath: Gambled it away while at sea. He thinks the person who took it was cheating and wants revenge.

Personality: Outgoing, and pretty intense all things considered. Cheerful but loses his temper quickly if someone betrays the “Sailor’s Code,” his own set of morals that he holds high.

Religion: A religion considered pagan by others. He worships the sea.

Well, we’ve also got Brilis...and maybe Rayas? ‘Young’ isn’t specific :P 

Surprisingly enough, 10 isn’t the youngest age I’ve ever played a character as. I’ve done one at a few months. Granted she was an Awakened sword, but still. 

Edit: why hello there Voidus I see you 

@Voidus

Edited by AonEne