AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

21 hours ago, Vapor said:

So he runs to the shore first.

the bottle shatters against the rock and inside is what appears to be a miniature sailboat, which rapidly starts to grow.

17 hours ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

A small wrapped package with a parachute floated down from the sky, landing in front of someone.

8, useful tools

@Doomstick

Elend said he wouldn't be on here for a while. Also, hehehe old name. I think he dies, then? Or I could take over as some T name.

So I had this drafted before Ookla season, that's why it says Doomstick.

Edited by Ookla the Mistiosa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The below multiquote in a spoiler is information pertaining to Elend's character. 

Spoiler
On 8/30/2020 at 3:27 PM, Elend Venture said:

Though I jump off of my platform in a run as soon as the countdown is over, I still feel a little less nervous when I clear the deactivated mine field around my platform. I feel jumpy and taught, filled with energy, ready to jog up a mountain side or take on a dozen warriors. Oh wait, the latter is, after a fashion, what I am going to have to do. I should probably separate from this main group and go after the other individuals who left the cornucopia early. At least I didn't get to know many of them too well while at the Capitol, that would make it harder to kill them. I am surprised at the bloody thoughts, but know I shouldn't be. I maintain my sprint towards the stockpile that lies ahead.

I run towards the cornucopia,  trying to not draw attention to myself and lunge for a naked longsword in the midway point between the center and the outer diameter of the cornucopia circle. I (assuming the first two actions were successful) take off at a full sprint up the creek where Gears went.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, AonDii said:

the object is too large to fit through the neck of the bottle

the pack looks the same as the others

as you open the smaller box, you hear a scraping, followed by a spark, then it explodes

now is a good time to introduce the damage system,

each tribute has 16 hit points, the worst weapons deal 1 damage, the better ones deal 2, all deal double damage on a 20, master crafted weapons deal double damage on a 19 as well

Experience takes 2 damage

On 8/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, AonDii said:

all of yours are, since you got the Cornucopia, they were all at the very center

away from you guys, just a little bit into the woods, it was a small explosion, so actually 2 damage, ill edit

On 8/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, Elend Venture said:

I look back, seeing a figure traveling up the river towards me. I slowly retreat back into the bushes, not making any sudden movements. I don't think they see me. As they draw closer, I see in the grey predawn light that it is Experience. I tense myself, waiting, holding my sword in a low guard, wondering how close they'll get before they notice me.

@Experience

On 8/31/2020 at 7:58 PM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Experience sees a movement of some bushes and stops walking, brandishing his long knife. "Who's there?" he calls out, ready to fight.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, Elend Venture said:

Now only a few meters apart from Experience, I make three broken steps toward him stepping forward with my right foot and following with my left. This brings me out of the vegetation and into his sight. Now just out of measure, I take a full step forward, making a fast but light rotational cut at the right side of the other man's head and coming up in a high guard, the tip of the sword pointing down and to my left. Anticipating a fearsome riposte, I tense myself to jump back.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:54 AM, AonDii said:

17, two damage

if the attack is below 15, the defender can parry by having one of us rolling a d20, if the roll is higher, the parry is successful 

On 9/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, Elend Venture said:

Hand still smarting and bleeding a little I lunge after Experience in a flechette, driving the sword with all my weight and momentum from the leap into his upper back (assuming it hits and he's not wearing armor). I land on my side hard, knocking the wind from myself. I struggle to stand up and get back into a guard.

@Doomstick

On 9/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Experience sees someone step out of the bushes and swing a sword at him. Experience reflexively ducks, trying to dodge to strike. After the swung, he steps in close so that he could have more advantage with his knife and quickly stabbed at his opponents sword hand. 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Exerience feels the sword of his attacker connect, and falls to the ground connecting(I'm gonna assume that did some damage at least.) He gets up quickly, realizing that he can't run from the fight. His opponent is on the ground so Experience jumps on top of them, his side throbbing, and stabs at the back of their neck aiming for the spine. 

@Doomstick @Elend Venture

On 9/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, Elend Venture said:

As Experience stabs at my neck I do my best to roll out of the way of the attack and get on my feet presenting my sword in his direction, keeping him back (assuming I'm not already dead).

On 9/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Experience's first swing misses, and so he tries again, stabbing at their back. 

@Doomstick @Elend Venture

On 9/9/2020 at 0:00 AM, Elend Venture said:

I fall back, circling my opponent. I catch the glint of a raised sword about two hundred meters off out of the corner of my eye. "You know," I say quietly. "There appears to be more people coming this way. They're in a pack, working together. If one of us falls they will probably kill the other; It seems that to continue fighting would be to commit ourselves to mutual destruction." With that I step forward with an upward sweeping diagonal cut at my enemy's sword arm from right to left, followed by a Zwerchhau to his head (count as one attack). In my mind I try to decide whether to immediately flee or attempt to create a shaky alliance with Experience and still hopefully have the time to escape.

@Experience @Doomstick

On 9/9/2020 at 6:08 AM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Experience is ready for the attack this time and hastily backs away. "If you want to have any chance of an alliance, I suggest you stop attacking me so we can talk."

@Elend Venture @Doomstick

On 9/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Elend Venture said:

"You realize that if we stop fighting they'll probably just try to shoot us from there if they have bows; and I'm guessing that they do, I saw a few at the cornucipia. Then again, most archers would be hard pressed to make an accurate shot on a moving target at this range." I say, falling into a more defensive guard.

@Experience

On 9/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Experience sees his opponent go into a defensive stance, and he immediately turns around and starts sprinting away from them and the group of people coming their way.

@Elend Venture

On 9/9/2020 at 7:02 PM, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Wind stops moving and draws his bow, taking carful aim he fires an arrow aiming for @Elend Venture’s chest.

@Doomstick

On 9/9/2020 at 7:04 PM, Vapor said:

Eric follows the arrow with his eyes, walking forward to finish Elend off.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:49 PM, Elend Venture said:

I break into a run after Experience, arrows whistling over my head, past me, hitting the ground around me. A feel one graze my side and I speed up, propelling myself through the woods in a sprint. I run until I am out of breath, then run some more. Then, exhausted and wounded, I kneel to the ground in a thicket of brambles and catch my breath. I had at some point strayed off of the path and had thus lost Experience. Wow, I think. They must have quite the archer on their team to be able to take such precise shots in quick succession and still hit at what was that? It couldn't have been less than 150 meters. I should probably wait for them to die off before I even consider any martial action against that group.

Breath caught, I cut two rectangular pieces of cloth from my jacket, bandaging my deeper wounds which are still bleeding. I don't like ruining such a nice garment, but what other choice do I have?

On 9/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, Vapor said:

Eric drops his hand. "I guess he left."

On 9/11/2020 at 6:28 PM, Elend Venture said:

I clime a tree near the bramble thicket entrance hoping that it will provide a safer hiding spot. I notice that I left a blood trail starting from where I had been shot and leading directly to the thicket's entrance, an area I had cut down with my sword in order to get onto the heart of the large bushlike condtruct of vegetation. The bandages had thankfully staunched the flow of blood and now the wounds are hardly bleeding at all. They still hurt like hell though, I think, grimacing as I pull my weight up on to the lowest branch, which is six of seven feet up the trunk already. It is a sturdy old fur and hardly quivers as I stand up on the branch and begin the laborious clime to the thickest part of the trunk. There are numerous branches once near the the centre and the clime becomes much easier. The dense walls of needles conceal me and shelter me from any rain, snow, or arrows that might fall from the sky. And despite the fact that the still air would make practically impossible long shots with a bow easier, it would indeed also allow me to hear anyone approaching from a long way off; There is virtually no movement in the branches and needles.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, Mist said:

From the sky, a silver parachute descended, landing near @Elend Venture's shelter. 

On 10/14/2020 at 5:08 PM, Elend Venture said:

I climb down from the tree painfully and limp over to the package, picking it up, making the laborious climb back up the tree, and opening it.

@Mist

On 10/14/2020 at 5:10 PM, Mist said:

Inside is enough preserved for three days, as well as half a gallon of water in a bottle.

Btw I meant to say meat.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, AonDii said:

In the morning, it seems as if you were transported to a completely new place, you are on a sandy, barren island in the middle of the ocean, a small stream runs from the mouth of the cornucopia to the sea.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, AonEne said:

A small wrapped package with a parachute floated down from the sky, landing in front of someone.

On 12/10/2020 at 0:18 PM, AonDii said:

the bottle shatters against the rock and inside is what appears to be a miniature sailboat, which rapidly starts to grow.

Elend bends down and picks up the package, unwrapping it carefully, pulling each corner off. Inside is a firestarter. He sighs slightly, realizing that won't be super useful on this barren island, then realizes his manners. "Thank you," he calls quietly to the sky. Then, he starts skirting the edge of the island, trying to stay out of sight. He plans to follow the stream next. 

What's it wrapped with? 

• 2 weeks later...

Fine fine fine...

After a few minutes of hiking, Elend's stomach growls. He puts down his pack to grab some food, then notices a bottle inside, similar to the other one. I wonder. He hikes back to the shore, keeping away from the others, and smashes his bottle. 

@AonDii 

Hello?

Edited by Mist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 11:43 PM, AonDii said:

As the boat inside grows, Elend realizes that it is pirate ship manned by automotons. As he walks on board, he notices a piece of paper on the mast that says "have fun with the cannons!"

*smiles deviously* :D

Elend immediately begins to walk around the ship, familiarizing himself with it. "Cannons, eh?" After he's done that, he decides to start with the threat already on the water. "Fire at Eric's ship!" Two cannons on that side fire.

Eric turns his sailboat into a beam reach, sailing perpendicular to the wind and towards the horizon.

Elend's ship had been made to attack other ships its size, the little sailboat was too far away and the shore was too close to get a good shot at it.

I rolled a three

@Mist @Vapor

Edited by AonDii