AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene leans away from the man who said he was on death row nervously, focusing on the tribute she was talking to. She got the sense that she really wasn’t supposed to be in here. “Well, maybe we can arrange that,” she said perkily. “If you win you get to come back, right?” 

I nodd, hesitantly wave at the other two who burst into the room. "If I win." I repeat, the idea alone seeming distant. A death row. The girl had pointed it out. It was a death row. Dying for the amusement of others. I hesitate and then lean forward, quickly press something into Ene's hand. It's an empty gesture, but I brought the marble from home and if I take with me, it will be lost the same way I will. At least this way, something from me, from my sister will live on, will be out of the hands of the vulptures waiting to see us die.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

I nodd, hesitantly wave at the other two who burst into the room. "If I win." I repeat, the idea alone seeming distant. A death row. The girl had pointed it out. It was a death row. Dying for the amusement of others. I hesitate and then lean forward, quickly press something into Ene's hand. It's an empty gesture, but I brought the marble from home and if I take with me, it will be lost the same way I will. At least this way, something from me, from my sister will live on, will be out of the hands of the vulptures waiting to see us die.

I am a... male.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

I hesitate and then lean forward, quickly press something into Ene's hand. 

Ene takes it, blinking down at the marble. She rubs a finger over it. “This is pretty. What’s it for?” 

And what does it look like? 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene takes it, blinking down at the marble. She rubs a finger over it. “This is pretty. What’s it for?” 

"Just a memory." Uneasily I shift my weight from one foot to the other. "It was a present from my sister." I try to explain, wonder if she doesn't know that we are allowed to bring one thing and one thing only. The marble is orange, with a few red streaks on its surface, making it look like a little sun. "She used to say, that it will keep me warm during the night, when we-" I trail off. There is no use to talk about missing coal to someone from the capitol. "When the nights were cold." I finish my sentence instead.

"It's a lucky charm, so maybe it will offer you some of its luck as well."

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

"It's a lucky charm, so maybe it will offer you some of its luck as well." 

Ene frowns, turning the smooth, bright sphere over in her hand. “Wait, you want me to take it? Why, if it’s that special? And -“ She shakes her head. “And you’ll need luck more than I do, I think. You’re a tribute, right?” 

Fadran's weaknesses:

• Too quirky, can't stay quiet.
  • Weakling. Where even are his muscles?
  • That smile is so bright you could see it at high noon. His pearly whites could probably reflect moonlight well enough to start a fire.
  • He's not allowed to summon his Channelblade, converse with his godly Spirit Bond, or use magic, because that would be cheating.

58 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
  • That smile is so bright you could see it at high noon. His pearly whites could probably reflect moonlight well enough to start a fire.

I'd count that as an advantage. Never go cold during the night and use it as a directed energy weapon upon your enemies. :lol:

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene frowns, turning the smooth, bright sphere over in her hand. “Wait, you want me to take it? Why, if it’s that special? And -“ She shakes her head. “And you’ll need luck more than I do, I think. You’re a tribute, right?” 

"But if I take it," I explain, try to make her understand. "They will keep it. It will stay in the arena forever." Uneasily I shift my weight from one feet to the other. "If you take it, it won't." I bit down on my lip, realize how I spoke of 'them' as if she doesn't belong to those living here, those supporting the games. Because she is, at least her parents are. Sponsors. I wonder again if someone will decide to sponsor me, if my mentor managed to get a few fish on his hook, but I doubt it. I'm no one special. I'm not beautiful, or wide shouldered and strong. I'm just myself.

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran's weaknesses:

• Too quirky, can't stay quiet.
  • Weakling. Where even are his muscles?
  • He's not allowed to summon his Channelblade, converse with his godly Spirit Bond, or use magic, because that would be cheating.

Vapor's weaknesses at this point:

1. Can't use Shardblade or anything like that for the same reason as Fadran's

2. Emotionally scarred from family's death

3. That's pretty much it. At this point, she doesn't do friends or weaknesses

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 0:05 AM, Sorana said:

"But if I take it," I explain, try to make her understand. "They will keep it. It will stay in the arena forever." Uneasily I shift my weight from one feet to the other. "If you take it, it won't." 

“Oh.” Ene rolled the marble around in her hand, staring at it. Such a small thing. Then she looked back up and met the tribute’s eyes. “I’ll give it back to you when you make it out,” she said firmly, the confidence in her voice displaced slightly by the anxious shifting of her feet. “My parents haven’t decided who to back yet - I’ll try to sway them...” After a quiet moment in which she didn’t know what to say, she ducked her head and walked out. 

One last appeal from me for a sponsor: My most gracious Ghandarflaffle, I offer you my sword (figuratively, of course, they didn't let me take it on the train) in exchange for sponsorship. I will fight for your honor until victory or the bitter end, making no comprimises. I am formidable with blade, bow, pistol, and spear. And it just so happens that  I am not terrible at unarmed combat either. I will respect the Capitol and play the games as they were meant to be played, but work harder for our victory than any ever before!

@Ghanderflaffle

Edited by Elend Venture

I'll just have him have mo powers, or not use them. I chose him cuz he can die if he has to and be alive in other universes...

Eric closes his door quietly, thinking over the other tributes he has met. I don't want to kill them, but I also want my district to prevail. I could probably be an ally to most of them. . . I just hope Fadran didn't recognize me.

9 hours ago, Vapor said:

Eric closes his door quietly, thinking over the other tributes he has met. I don't want to kill them, but I also want my district to prevail. I could probably be an ally to most of them. . . I just hope Fadran didn't recognize me.

Was that that one guy I saw earlier? Fadran wonders to himself. Eric?