AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

My feet pound the ground as I run away from Kenod. I scream and yell on top of my lungs, try to draw them away, to get clear a path Kenod can take. There is no direction left, we checked them all and the beasts were everywhere. But they want to have a scene, so I'll give it to them.

"Come on!" I scream and pick up a branch. "I'll show you who is stronger!"

Pointless words, but I need to perform if I want for this to mean something. It's suicide, and at the same time it's not. It's a sacrifice but I need to do it the right way, or they will kill my mom and dad, my brothers. So I yell again, wave my hands, hope that they all watch, that I deliver some great piece of footage they can use. Lifting a hand I wipe some tears of my face and continue to run.

The ground is uneven, and there, I can see some scales, a wet surface moving through the ground. And here another one. They take your time, but I know at least some spot me, and when I turn my head, I see Kenod run away the other direction. He is still running. I suppose that counts as good.

"I won't be cowed by you!" I scream, the words a lie, such a plain lie that I would have laughed at myself. I am scared, so scared that my hands shake so much, I have to grab the branch with both hands. I lift the branch and smack it down on the first worm, and the beast screeches and moves. It so fast I can barely follow it's movement with my eyes. Something wraps itself around my ankles and I yelp in fear, try to bring down the branch on it and miss when it pulls, drags me to the ground. Something else wraps itself around my chest and then a bright pain blazes in my arm. There is a tearing sound and then I scream, scream when there is another sharp pain in my leg and then another in my thing and then my ear. I scream and scream until I am out of breath, until my head feels light and stars dance in front of my eyes. Somehow I still go on, try to get them of me, my hands reaching out for the slithering wet mass, unable to grasp something, unable to stop them from tearing me apart.

Darkness creeps closer, covers when I am seeing when I finally manage to grasp one of them, weakly try to pull it away and fail. More pain in my arms, but it's nearly insignificant, nearly unimportant compared to the rest. There is nothing but pain, desperation and I regret my decision, if I had slain Kenod, I could have left him for these things to feed upon. I couldh have walked away and I could have killed again, until I would have been the winner. I would have made a good winner, a perfect one.

But in this game, I loose.

You can definitely join next round, this one should hopefully be finishing up sooner rather than later. :D 

Great death post, Sorana! 

Also, the longer this goes on the more like an RPG it looks than a game, more akin to roleplaying with a side of dice rolls. I’m going to ask a mod to move the thread. 

Edited by AonEne

Snip hasn't done anything so I'm assuming we're assuming he's dead. I don't remember if Rashek officially died, but he quit, so...I'm assuming he's dead. Jay ate mud and Invo said that would kill him. I believe that leaves Kenod and John as the only remaining players.

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Snip hasn't done anything so I'm assuming we're assuming he's dead. I don't remember if Rashek officially died, but he quit, so...I'm assuming he's dead. Jay ate mud and Invo said that would kill him. I believe that leaves Kenod and John as the only remaining players.

Definitely still alive. Does anyone remember my inventory?

I pace around the center, forced to get up and move from the announcement. Stupid game masters, not even letting me take a rest.

9 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ive got a big sword, a bow with three arrows. A gold mind, how much does that have left GM? And I think I had a couole more things...

I believe you used most of it, but there's enough to heal another non-lethal wound or two. You also had a waterbottle, and your pewtermind was exhausted, if I'm remembering right.

I believe John is posted out just outside the mountain, Po, you're still in there, and Kenod is on his way. Did I get that right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Invo has returned, and offers his sincerest apologies on all of this being so delayed.

A horn sounds out through the arena, reminiscent of a submarine's dive horn but shrill, piercing ears near and far alike, followed in short order by a massive, world shaking rumble coming from all directions. There is no announcement, however, unlike all preceding events.

Inside the Cornucopia, a table rises, with one seat for each remaining tribute, and fully fleshed placemats with a warming dome on top rest in front of each seat. A folded plaque with each contestant's name rests before their designated seats.

Outside the Cornucopia and its mountain, the world grows dark where before it was bright and it looks as though the edges of the arena have curved upwards, sealing at the top, yet somehow not dropping their contents on the ground below.

After a small delay, long enough for the horns and rumbling to subside, a voice rings out through the arena: "The feast's truce is now in effect. If you are in the vicinity of the feast table, fighting is no longer allowed. This ceasefire will be lifted in three hours. May the odds be ever in your favor, tributes."

@kenod @Blessing of Potency @John Flamesinger

On 10/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, FridgedCrisis said:

Tribute next game 

On 10/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, Brightness Warrior said:

Sponsor next game 

On 10/29/2019 at 7:25 AM, Ghanderflaffle said:

Sponsor next game 

On 10/29/2019 at 2:04 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

Gamemaker next game 

On 10/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, DoomStick said:

Gamemaker next game 

On 10/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lunamor said:

Gamemaker next game 

On 11/28/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ark1002 said:

Tribute next game 

On 1/21/2020 at 0:24 AM, The Awakened Salad said:

Salad, I assume you want to be a tribute? You didn’t specify. 

Don’t mind me, I reread the whole thread and I’m organizing. Pretend this is all in quotes. 

Also @kenod @Blessing of Potency @John Flamesinger You have a feast to attend. 

So, changes for the games after this: You can’t do two lethal attacks in a row. (Was there anything else/does anyone have suggestions?) 

Note to self: redo OP to be up-to-date, change formatting (list start-end pages and IC time) 

Edited by AonEne