AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

42 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Combat would be something like RPing combat with another PC, yes. If the GMs don’t specify something about something, you can ask them if it’s big, but if it’s, for example, there’s a forest, and you decide how many branches a tree has of course that’s okay. Finding shelter doesn’t need to be rolled for. Does that all sound good? 

Perfect. So I can simply act and wait for the GMs/ Sponsors to change my path. Thanks a lot!

Aight sponsors here's the deal. I have one goal and one goal only. I want to hunt down my girlfriend and probably shower her with love and affection. Though there may be some arrows and/or blades in the shower, not entirely sure yet. That is all, you can support me in this goal or not it's all really the same to me.

@ZincAboutIt @Clyde Meepins @Silva @The Last Post @Truthless of Shinovar

(@AonEne)

Edited by Blessing of Potency
Decided I wanted to @ the sponsors... and ene cause it concerns her too

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Aight sponsors here's the deal. I have one goal and one goal only. I want to hunt down my girlfriend and probably shower her with love and affection. Though there may be some arrows and/or blades in the shower, not entirely sure yet. That is all, you can support me in this goal or not it's all really the same to me.

(@AonEne)

I liked my speech better :D But I didn't tag... that might be a disadvantage...

Edit:

My speech for those that missed it:

*does a deep, elaborate bow*

Dear Sponsors!

I humbly adress you, hope that you might spare a moment of your precarious time to listen to my words. I am from District three, ready and prepared for this battle. I will not yield. I will not give up. I will not back down. There is only one goal and one goal alone, and that is winning.

If you choose to support me, I will write your name in the sky and the ground, I will honor your goods and I will cherish your support. My victory will be yours and my rise will be yours as well.

*makes a deliberate pause*

I know there will be tears. I know there will be pain and hardship, and I know that despite my preparation, I will never be fully ready for what is to come. I don't know what will wait for me there, but I know that I will fight with my mind and body. I will outsmart my enemies and I will make them perish. There will be only one person standing in the end - and I am determined, that this person will be me.

*bows again and steps back*

Edited by Sorana

If you gift me stuff, sponsors, I swear to do a perfect imitation of Hoid for the entire game (random clever insults of people, random epic speeches about life to random creatures, and general awesomeness).

Edited by Lunamor

2 hours ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

I volunteer as tribute

I’ll add you! 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Better not. You don't want to call down the wrath of the admins, after all.

It was mostly a joke. I think everyone’s going to be fighting over who gets Luna, anyway 

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

You should all fear me...

Quick clarification, @AonEne: what magic systems can we use? Is it only stuff from the Hunger Games books, or are we including Sanderson? What about Homebrew?

I have two words in answer. 

Have fun ;) 

Have you ever wanted to kill someone?

Don't lie, I know you have. We all have those moments, one time or another. There's nothing to be ashamed of.

Would you do it?

I thought so. You never would. Not when you could be caught, not when you could lose it all. Not in life, perhaps not even here. You're a sponsor, after all. Your life is safe. Your hands are clean.

Are they?

You will watch us kill each other. You will help us kill each other. Be honest with yourself, and give in to what you really want.

Choose your tribute.

Pick up your knife.

10 minutes ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

You will watch us kill each other. You will help us kill each other. Be honest with yourself, and give in to what you really want.

My hands are perfectly clean! I would never! What are you implying, tribute?! You have no right to question me or my intentions! This system is in place for reasons, so don't go try and make us out to be villainous. We do our part and you do yours, even if it means dying. Do you understand?

:P

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

My hands are perfectly clean! I would never! What are you implying, tribute?! You have no right to question me or my intentions! This system is in place for reasons, so don't go try and make us out to be villainous. We do our part and you do yours, even if it means dying. Do you understand?

:P

Behold, the first pacifist tribute in the Hunger Games (me! :P). I will do whatever I can to murder everyone else without resorting to violence, but to do that, I need a suitable sponsor who supports me in my goals and trusts in my ability to be a pacifist while playing probably the most dangerously blood sport ever created :P

Will you be that sponsor? Choose Itiah now!

Just now, I think I am here. said:

Behold, the first pacifist tribute in the Hunger Games (me! :P). I will do whatever I can to murder everyone else without resorting to violence, but to do that, I need a suitable sponsor who supports me in my goals and trusts in my ability to be a pacifist while playing probably the most dangerously blood sport ever created :P

Book 1 had a pacifist tribute, or at least one that didn't actively try to kill others. She actually made it to the final 4 or 5 remaining tributes.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Book 1 had a pacifist tribute, or at least one that didn't actively try to kill others. She actually made it to the final 4 or 5 remaining tributes.

Ah, my bad :P I’ve never read the books.

Behold, the first pacifist tribute who’ll win the Hunger Games (me! :P) I’m also the very first tribute to have chronic existential crises, go Itiah!

1 minute ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

You win the Hunger Games by surviving, so avoiding unnecessary risks is a good strategy.

True, but if you'd always try to stay safe than if you're part of the last two the gamemakers will likely try to force a confrontation, because otherwise it isn't interesting anymore for the public.

You'll have to fight at some point, but when making the wrong choice means you die, you want to err on the side of caution. The "real-life" Hunger Games are badly designed because of that-most of the time, fighting actually decreases your chances of victory, and you don't get enough games to know when fighting will be good for you. Of course, since you don't actually die in forum hunger games, I expect we'll see a lot more proactivity from our contestants.

Edited by I ♥️ Rashek

21 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

It's actually kind of a tempting prospect, excluding the whole existential crises thing...:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

(@AonEne)

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

Sponsors, I’ll bribe you with upvotes. Also I’m going to try to win. :P 

can't decide...

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

It was mostly a joke

aw... never mind

@Blessing of Potency you have been sponsored!