AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Shard Hunger Games! :lol:

These will be played in rounds, with each new round replacing the Gamemakers and therefore what they affect. Anyone can volunteer to be a Gamemaker, a tribute, or a sponsor. You will be playing as yourself, not a character. (Ex.: I'm going to attack this person with a punch to the face.) If a month passes with no activity in the RP, the round is declared over, with all remaining players losing. 

Gamemakers decide what the arena contains, what items are within it (including tech level), and the challenges tributes will face and will roll the dice. There are three per game. 

Tributes are the people inside the arena, attempting to survive. As one, you will be able to take any action you wish (that follows the Shard’s guidelines), but with combat (or other things that can kill or hurt you) you will have to wait and see if you succeed. If a GM rolls a five or below, the action fails; higher than that and it works. For a lethal injury or fatal hit, if a ten or below is rolled, the action fails. You can’t perform multiple lethal attacks in a row. 

Sponsors can award gifts to tributes; a sponsor can sponsor multiple tributes, and a tribute can have multiple sponsors; if there aren't enough sponsors, a tribute may also go without one. A GM will roll the dice to see what you can give out each time, and you can roll four times per game. (A roll of 17-20 will let you send weaponry or medical equipment, 11-16 food or water, 6-10 useful tools, 3-5 other various items, and 1-2 nothing [which still uses up one of your rolls].) They can also communicate with their tribute two times, giving them information. This does not require a dice roll. 

Players: 

Spoiler

First Games: (Pages 1-27) 

Gamemakers - Invocation, Rushu42, xinoehp512 

Winner - Nobody! 

Second Games: (Pages 27- ) 

Gamemakers - @Blessing of Potency, @The Last Post@Lunamor

Tributes - @Sorana, @Elend Venture@Experience, @A Windrunner, @Gears@Channelknight Fadran, @Vapor 

Sponsors - @Ghanderflaffle, @AonEne@Emi, @Mist, @Invocation, @DramaQueen@The_Truthwatcher, @Darkfinder

Winner - 

Be nice, have fun, and keep it PG13. Oh, and one last thing...

May the odds be ever in your favor. 

Edited by AonEne
Updating list

7 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Why can’t the sponsors roll dice for themselves?

Just cause the Gamemasters do all the dice rolling. *shrugs* 

4 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What are the odds? I just started reading the first book in this series! Can I be a sponsor?

Ay, cool! And of course. 

2 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

I wanna be a tribute. I will hunt you down Ene. :P

Aaaah :P 

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

But I as tribute don't need to roll a dice for my actions?

And can I write a little advertisement so that a sponsor picks me?

Nope, the GMs will do it. 

Sure! 

2 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Alternatively I could sponsor ene... Do I wanna hunt her down or help her... These are the questions.

Nah, Imma hunt her down.

Of course, the question is what you do once you catch her... :ph34r:

Awww I have to roll dice to give out things... I was hoping to just troll my poor tribute on my formless whims. Are you suffering from infection? Here, have some medicine. Do you need a weapon? Sorry, all you get is this lute! You're not being entertaining enough! :P

Alas, even I am bound by The Rules.

*does a deep, elaborate bow*

Dear Sponsors!

I humbly adress you, hope that you might spare a moment of your precarious time to listen to my words. I am from District three, ready and prepared for this battle. I will not yield. I will not give up. I will not back down. There is only one goal and one goal alone, and that is winning.

If you choose to support me, I will write your name in the sky and the ground, I will honor your goods and I will cherish your support. My victory will be yours and my rise will be yours as well.

*makes a deliberate pause*

I know there will be tears. I know there will be pain and hardship, and I know that despite my preparation, I will never be fully ready for what is to come. I don't know what will wait for me there, but I know that I will fight with my mind and body. I will outsmart my enemies and I will make them perish. There will be only one person standing in the end - and I am determined, that this person will be me.

*bows again and steps back*

1 minute ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Awww I have to roll dice to give out things... I was hoping to just troll my poor tribute on my formless whims. Are you suffering from infection? Here, have some medicine. Do you need a weapon? Sorry, all you get is this lute! You're not being entertaining enough! :P

Alas, even I am bound by The Rules.

You can still do that to an extent, possibly :P Sorry, I wanted to try and make it fair. 

Sorana, that was awesome! 

I've got another question Ene. So you said that it's round based. Will it be like everybody acts and we wait for each other?

Let's say I attack another tribute. Do I go like "i shoot an arrow, aim for the chest", then wait for a GM to roll a die to see if I hit, and once that's settled the other one writes their reply accordingly?

Same with traps. Do I describe my intention first, wait for the roll, then finish my description? How much can I make up of my surrounding area? Is finding shelter based off a roll again?

@AonEne

39 minutes ago, Sorana said:

I've got another question Ene. So you said that it's round based. Will it be like everybody acts and we wait for each other?

Let's say I attack another tribute. Do I go like "i shoot an arrow, aim for the chest", then wait for a GM to roll a die to see if I hit, and once that's settled the other one writes their reply accordingly?

Same with traps. Do I describe my intention first, wait for the roll, then finish my description? How much can I make up of my surrounding area? Is finding shelter based off a roll again?

@AonEne

When I said round based, I just meant in terms of games. Like, a game is a round. I’m sorry for not being clear. 

Combat would be something like RPing combat with another PC, yes. If the GMs don’t specify something about something, you can ask them if it’s big, but if it’s, for example, there’s a forest, and you decide how many branches a tree has of course that’s okay. Finding shelter doesn’t need to be rolled for. Does that all sound good? 

3 minutes ago, FridgedCrisis said:

I want to be a tribute but I don’t know when it will be and I’m pretty busy right now.

It’ll probably be in a day or two, depending on when people join. Maybe you can be in another round, when you’re less busy. ^_^