Shin radiants?

supersmith

“The voidbringers are no more. The knights radiant are no more. We are all that remain.” This is from szeth thinking on the tower in WOR 

could this mean radiants are still around in shinovar? It could just be talking about the honor blades, but this feels different to me.

I don't think so, seeing as I've gotten the implication that he was named Truthless because he said he was bonding a spren. But could the Shin have access to a diffferent magic system? The phrasing there makes it sound like he's listing the Shin as equivalent to the Knights Radiant and the Voidbringers.

18 minutes ago, Ahriman said:

I don't think so, seeing as I've gotten the implication that he was named Truthless because he said he was bonding a spren. But could the Shin have access to a diffferent magic system? The phrasing there makes it sound like he's listing the Shin as equivalent to the Knights Radiant and the Voidbringers.

He says he was made truthless because he "raised the alarm" that the voidbringers were coming back.  

It sounds like it's talking about the Honorblades to me. 'The only people left with magic are us, people who are not Radiants or Voidbringers.' Which doesn't exclude the possibility that they have some magic system we don't know about, but the Honorblades seem more likely.

13 hours ago, goody153 said:

I am convinced the Shin or Shinjas only had honorblades. Seems like making Szeth a truthless was an attempt to surpass any Knight Radiant rising on their midst (possibly influenced by a herald, or Odium)

"Shinjas" with Honorblades? Oh dear, that one is going to stick in my head.

14 hours ago, goody153 said:

I am convinced the Shin or Shinjas only had honorblades. Seems like making Szeth a truthless was an attempt to surpass any Knight Radiant rising on their midst (possibly influenced by a herald, or Odium)

Shinjas is my new favourite word!

On 10/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, supersmith said:

“The voidbringers are no more. The knights radiant are no more. We are all that remain.” This is from szeth thinking on the tower in WOR 

could this mean radiants are still around in shinovar? It could just be talking about the honor blades, but this feels different to me.

I think it's referring to something far simpler. People who remember the truth about Roshar.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, supersmith said:

Considering Szeth's reaction to Kaladin's Windrunner status and the fact that Ivory(who is a spren and as such would know) says that 9 of 10 orders are dead.  I am going to say no.

13 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Shinjas is my new favourite word!

@goody153 it is my new favourite word too. I totally want to see these Shinjas in SA 5 now!! 

On 10/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, supersmith said:

We are all that remain.”

It seems like adolin, szeth here is talking to his honorblade. Apparently this is something people trained in combat do, according to adolin the duel master. 

So, he is referring shinjas with honorblades, I think. 

But I also remember in Rysn interlude, where we learn that shin are very ethnocentric and do not allow strangers to visit Shinovar at all. Even people they trust like her babsk, are allowed to conduct trade at the outskirts of shinovar. Which begs the question to be asked, “what is it that they are hiding”? It cannot be just the honorblades, because the 9 shinjas can be easily kept secret. 

Is it really some other magic system they have ? Is it something they have retained from ashyn days? 

My understanding of this quote is that Szeth was made Truthless because he was saying that the Voidbringers and the Knights Radiant were returning. This quote is then him saying, "No, I was wrong. The Voidbringers and the Knights Radiants are no more. Only us normal people remain."

• Chaos locked this topic