Hello.

0_Graham_0

10 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

My favorite Sanderson character is Kaladin. He is probably most people's favorite, but I still think that he is the best. The main reason being: he sets up The Way of Kings and the Stormlight Archive series really well. I think that the characterization and backstory of Kaladin are my favorite. A question I've had is it pronounced [kuh-la-din] or [kahl-uh-din]? Not sure if there is a right way but just a question. Thanks for asking me by the way!

Edited by 0_Graham_0
clarification

I have always pronounced his name as kal-uh-din, but as Brandon says there are no correct pronunciation in this fandom, so feel free to pronounce it as you like it. He is my favourite character too, His struggles and his ability to stand tall amidst it all, and not alone but raise a whole group of people with him, is very inspiring. 

My favourite book is OB, which one is yours?

21 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard, @0_Graham_0!

Kaladin's my favourite too

I always pronounced it as Kaa-laa-din

Alethi always seemed (especially in contrast to Thaylen) very equi-stressed on its syllables. But like Shard of Thought said, personal preferences

What's your favourite magic system? 

I'm gonna have to stick with The Stormlight Archive on this one. :) I really like the shard blades and the shard plate and the whole idea of Spren. It's a very intriguing idea to me.

19 hours ago, The traveller said:

I have always pronounced his name as kal-uh-din, but as Brandon says there are no correct pronunciation in this fandom, so feel free to pronounce it as you like it. He is my favourite character too, His struggles and his ability to stand tall amidst it all, and not alone but raise a whole group of people with him, is very inspiring. 

My favourite book is OB, which one is yours?

This may not give me much credit on here, but I have only read the Rithmatist and have almost finished WoK (I'm also working through WoT but have not gotten to the Brandon books yet). This is not very many but I've gotta start somewhere. (You're probably rolling your eyes at me right now. :rolleyes:) But, I am enjoying The Way of Kings more than The Rithmatist. So that is my favorite book!

1 hour ago, 0_Graham_0 said:

This may not give me much credit on here, but I have only read the Rithmatist and have almost finished WoK (I'm also working through WoT but have not gotten to the Brandon books yet). This is not very many but I've gotta start somewhere. (You're probably rolling your eyes at me right now. :rolleyes:) But, I am enjoying The Way of Kings more than The Rithmatist. So that is my favorite book!

Not rolling our eyes at all, in fact thinking something along the lines of "more fresh perspective!!!" 

We'll not spoil anything for you, but could you come back here (or create a new topic) and post your thoughts on the book when you finish it? We love discussing this kind of stuff

Edited by Honorless

44 minutes ago, Honorless said:

We'll not spoil anything for you, but could you come back here (or create a new topic) and post your thoughts on the book when you finish it? We love discussing this kind of stuff

Edited 39 minutes ago by Honorless

Yes please do that @0_Graham_0 

we never get to discuss only wok anymore, it will be fun to revisit it. I promise no spoilers. 

Wot, eh? How much have you read? Who is your favourite character?