Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coda

In The End (Stormlight FF)

2 posts in this topic

In the end, Roshar was peaceful. The Enemy was defeated, still trapped on Braize. The Parshendi had been recognized as a sapient lifeform, and thus worthy of representation. They were given their own kingdom, representation in Alethi politics, etc. The darkeyes were acknowledged as equal to the lighteyes. The Radiants dispersed, no longer a force for war, but for preserving the peace. The world was finally at peace. Until he returned.

The world was fire and ash and smoke, a burning, unrecognizable wasteland. The Radiants had battled fiercely, but to no avail. Corpses lay still in their Shardplate, buried under mounds of yet more corpses. 

Dalinar Kholin, Bondsmith, Blackthorn, Highking of Alethkar, lay dying. Blood clouded his vision as he stared up at the one who caused the ruination of Roshar.

"Why, Wit?" he whispered brokenly. "Why?"

The Wit had changed his black hair to white, but all else remained the same, from the sharp angular face to the Wit's Sword at his belt. He smiled sadly, though not remorsefully. 

"I told you why a long time ago," he replied, calm as the Weeping. "'I would watch the world crumble and burn to get what I want. With tears, yes, but I would let it happen.' Do you remember that day, Dalinar? I warned you then, but you didn't listen."

Dalinar thought back, and yes, he could almost remember that day, years ago, when Wit told him he was leaving. But he had forgotten about it with the rise of the Everstorm, the Voidbringers, and Odium. He laughed softly, though it jostled his shattered ribs. Would it have been better to let Odium win? At least then, the Parshendi would live. Now, no one would. 

"Goodbye, Dalinar," Wit said as he walked away. "I hope we do not meet again."

Long ago, the humans of Ashyn came to Roshar... they were a people forlorn, without a home...

Then the True Desolation came and Odium won. Cultivation sacrificed herself to buy time for her people. And they left Roshar, all of them together, their struggle for conquest over Roshar forgotten. Looking back together, with tears in their eyes, as their home was sundered. All of them together: Alethi and Makabaki, Veden and Iriali, Reshi and Purelaker, Siah and Dysian, Unkalaki and Natan... 

centuries later, Elendel Stele:

They came from another world, using strange powers without metal, that we have been forbidden to touch. Dangerous powers, of spren and Surges. They destroyed their lands and have come to us begging. We took them in, as commanded by Harmony. What else could we do? They were a people forlorn, without a home. Our pity destroyed us. 

Edited by Honorless