Alternate history of tlr

Friendshipspren

So I just read a question about whether the Cosmere was a multiverse or if it prescribed to the 'many worlds' theory. 

Which got me thinking . What if in an alternative timeline , tlr decided to leave Scadrial , either out of apathy or he was able to get a political system to remain stable without him acting as a linchpin.

Suppose he went to roshar , used hemalurgy to kill the heralds , ok maybe not kill them but used it to steal thier connection with the blades and stole thier honor blades ,  then destroyed the spikes  thereby eliminating the risk of them summoning it right back  . Hell maybe he wouldn't even need to kill the heralds , after all the shin had 8 blades. Maybe he could take them out . It would be hard but not impossible. Esp not for tlr. Got control over all ten surges . Got himself some shardplate too while he was at it. Figured out a way to turn metal based investiture into stormlight via zinc compounding.

Then suppose he went to nalthis , got some 10s of thousands of breath by bullying the ppl or something. Got himself weaned from atium compounding. Followed the example of the 5 scholars and made himself a Nightblood 2.0 , used zinc compounding and  tortured vasher to gain the know-how. It would be hard to fight vasher but seeing that denth was able to do it . I'm sure he could have too. The new blade's orders would be to kill tlr's enemies based on tlr's opinion. A much more specific command compared to destroy evil. 

And guess what ? Lifeless Koloss!!!!!!!

Then there's the way magic systems interact to give a something greater than the  sum of the parts. How would awakening , surgebinding of 2-10  surges, hemalurgy , feruchemy and allomancy interact in a single person ?

Just a thought I had.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

On 10/18/2019 at 6:04 AM, PrinceGenocide said:

Which got me thinking . What if in an alternative timeline , tlr decided to leave Scadrial , either out of apathy or he was able to get a political system to remain stable without him acting as a linchpin.

Brandon has said that he wants to keep multiverses out of the Cosmere and leave that sort of thing confined to the Reckoners setting, so any Cosmere 'What If?' questions are by definition going to be purely hypothetical.

Then there's the way magic systems interact to give a something greater than the  sum of the parts. How would awakening , surgebinding of 2-10  surges, hemalurgy , feruchemy and allomancy interact in a single person ?

Exercise in munchkining aside, if you have too many powers you don't get any Resonance perks (or at least, they're so slight as to be unnoticeable) and a mistborn by themselves already has too many powers so there's no way that anyone with more powers than that is going to have them.

54 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Brandon has said that he wants to keep multiverses out of the Cosmere and leave that sort of thing confined to the Reckoners setting, so any Cosmere 'What If?' questions are by definition going to be purely hypothetical.

Exercise in munchkining aside, if you have too many powers you don't get any Resonance perks (or at least, they're so slight as to be unnoticeable) and a mistborn by themselves already has too many powers so there's no way that anyone with more powers than that is going to have them.

1). I know it isn't a multiverse. It was just a thought. I mean come on tlr with Nightblood 2.0 and lifeless Koloss armies !!!!! Add in the honorblade surges and shardplate too.

2). I wasn't talking about resonances. I was referring to the way allomancy and feruchemy interact in compounding for instance. Take compounded steel with abrasion for example. 

3). Also I don't see a limit on the number of magic systems u can have. Esp when talking about honorblades and breaths.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

• Chaos locked this topic