Rasheks family ?

Friendshipspren

So I have heard that tlr had atleast one son or daughter named Lutha ?

So what happened to his wife or mistress and his child(Ren) ?

Were they all killed during the first few centuries of turmoil ?

If not, why didn't rashek create a dynasty ? Letting his son or daughter inherit and die in peace instead of being tortured by Ruin or u know head over to nalthis to gain the fifth heightening .

Which begs the question , were his children fullborn or atleast mistborn or feruchemist or twinborn ?

Could he have over the centuries have carried out a eugenics program with himself and his progeny , have taken or (and) made his children take mistborn or feruchemist mistresses or wives or husbands or misters . Eventually he might have had a fullborn kid. 

Hey wait a minute. He had the Lerasium , two beads of it. Couldn't he have had a normal feruchemist kid and then fed him the Lerasium. There could have easily been 3 lrs over the millennium and then the tlr at the time could have ascended again and gotten a few more nuggets of Lerasium which this time they wouldn't be forced to use as bribes to gain allies. 

So why didn't that happen ? Did Ruin somehow make sure all such attempts would fail ?

Did tlr did not want to let go of power and had his kids murdered like chronos from Greek mythology , afraid they would usurp him ? 

What do u think happened ?

Any WoBs ? 

Some relevant WOB's:

Questioner

You've mentioned that the Lord Ruler had children? Have we been introduced to any of them in the books?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

Questioner

Interesting. But they're out there?

Brandon Sanderson

Well, they were. It's been a while... Descendants, potentially. You have not met any of the Lord Ruler's children.

Skyward Denver signing (Nov. 15, 2018)

Chaos

Did the Lord Ruler's children have something to do with the Lord Ruler's plot to once "give up" in the Final Empire?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

/r/books AMA 2015 (June 5, 2015)

Chaos

You have said the fandom puts too much emphasis on the Lord Ruler's children. Is that because the Lord Ruler suppressed his ability to pass on his abilities to them?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

Chaos

Brandon, that makes no sense. What? Now I'm even more upset. It's actually my fault, 'cause I keep telling people that the Lord Ruler's kids should be important, so you can blame me.

Brandon Sanderson

People can be important and not be cosmere-relevant.

Chaos

Yeah, but they'd be like super-powerful Mistborn!

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, who died nine hundred years ago!

Chaos

But he spent so much time getting Feruchemy away from Allomancy!

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, that's true.

Skyward San Francisco signing (Nov. 8, 2018)

How many people know about all the metals? I don’t think that Terris people knew of atiums use as a metalmind... 

so may be he had kids, and they were mistborn who died, 

may be they were feruchemists who eventually died. 

Rare chance is that some of them could have been fullborn but what if TLR never shared all his knowledge of important metals with them like gold or atium may be. 

Feruchemists were officially extinct and the ones who were secret like sazed would not Even know that TLR’s kids would have feruchemy let alone teach them. 

And any weird extra powers these kids showed probably were attributed to their semi divinity. 

So even if a fullborn were born, he may have never learnt the full extent of his abilities and lived a long age and died. 

17 minutes ago, The traveller said:

I don’t think that Terris people knew of atiums use as a metalmind

Sazed does. All of the allomantic metals had a feruchemical use, so it was pretty obvious. Sazed is the one who tells us it stores age, which is useful as a disguise, but that's about it.

Relevant WoB

Argent

There seems to be a certain parallel between the naming of Elendel and Luthadel. If the former is named after Elend, is the latter named after somebody called Lutha? Luthad? Who is (was?) that?

Brandon Sanderson

Good Question! Yes, there is a person this city is named after. But I'm not ready to give specifics.

This is the first I've heard of Rashek having a child named Lutha. Did she live on the second floor?

(Sorry, you probably need to 45+ years old to get that pop music reference)

Rashek's children could not be Fullborn, as there is no natural way to combine the "genes" for being a Feruchemist with those for Allomancy without Ferring-ness resulting (which is the result of those genes mixing). Though I guess just as Mistborn are rare, maybe it's possible that a natural Mistborn who also "came up Feruchemist" in the sDNA roulette wheel might be a Fullborn?

I seem to recall a WoB saying that TLR was the only Fullborn in history, and that future ones would only be possible with a Feruchemist like Sazed ingesting a lerasium bead, or via hemalurgy (Marsh is like 25% of the way to being a Fullborn). But I can't find that now with a search in the Arcanum.

A natural born Misting is an expression of having more of Preservation than your average Scadrian, and being a natural Mistborn is having even more than that, with lerasium (ingesting the body of Preservation) granting maximum Allomancy short of actually temporarily Ascending to Preservation and becoming mortal again (Rashek). And that spiritual concentration of Preservation dilutes in the bloodline over time, based on TenSoon's internal musings that the children of the orignial noble lerasium Mistborn were all Mistborn, and that only over time did Mistings appear, and in ever-reduced strength. 

Given how powerful an Allomancer Rashek was - the Most Powerful Allomancer of All Time - I guess all his children would be extremely powerful Mistborn.

So the question is, would that "swamp" the genes they might get from him for Feruchemy? If they could indeed be natural born Fullborn, that doesn't seem to be something Rashek would cotton to, and we'd certainly have some knowledge or mention in the history of TFE about a Prince or Princess Ruler who had the same power set. Unless he killed his own children of that type first, which is extreme even for him.

Edited by robardin

1 hour ago, John203 said:

Sazed does. All of the allomantic metals had a feruchemical use, so it was pretty obvious. Sazed is the one who tells us it stores age, which is useful as a disguise, but that's about it.

I checked again, they did not know that someone can be fullborn and atium is useful only to a fullborn

plus they did not know that tlr had feruchemy

they did not know his kids would have feruchemy

so it’s not like they could teach him. 

Sazed was unique in that he shared knowledge of feruchemy with the gang otherwise terris keepers were very hush hush about it all. 

Edited by The traveller

9 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

@robardin yep I'm 20 yrs old and I live in India. So I have no idea what that reference means. :P.

Edit: ok I googled it and came up with a song named Luka so I guess

Yes, a song that was quite popular. In 1987. And doesn't get a lot of replay, unlike, say, Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer" 

I guess that's what happens when it's a song from an abused child's POV... I wonder what kind of a parent Rashek was?

My name is Lutha - I live on the second floor...

If you hear something late at night,

Some kind of trouble, some kind of fight -

Just don't ask me what it was

I actually recently heard that Brandon confirmed that "there's not enough room on your spiritweb to be a Fullborn" and that TLR could only do it because he was a Sliver from the Well and used it's power to give himself super strong allomancy as well as having his natural Feruchemy. But I haven't seen a WoB confirming the "not enough room" bit, only secondhand.

If that IS true, however, that's a very simple explanation for why TLR's children weren't fullborn.

47 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I actually recently heard that Brandon confirmed that "there's not enough room on your spiritweb to be a Fullborn" and that TLR could only do it because he was a Sliver from the Well and used it's power to give himself super strong allomancy as well as having his natural Feruchemy. But I haven't seen a WoB confirming the "not enough room" bit, only secondhand.

If that IS true, however, that's a very simple explanation for why TLR's children weren't fullborn.

I'm not sure if he said that but he did say that a naturally born Fullborn is possible but very difficult

1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Can you find the source for that? I haven't seen that anywhere and it's not on Arcanum.

1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Windrunner

Is it is even possible for a full Feruchemist Mistborn to be naturally born, or will the genes for the two interfere with one another too much?

Brandon Sanderson

It is possible, but highly unlikely.

It is possible for a Fullborn to happen naturally the problem is that the genes for Feruchemy and Allomancy compete for the same space making it very unlikely to occur without a deliberate eugenics program. Also you can get weird combos aswell. 

Donnovan Kidwell

Is it possible to be a full Feruchemist and a Misting or vice versa, like a lopsided Twinborn?

Brandon Sanderson

Possible, yes. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Edited by Dancer

Just now, Dancer said:

Those are two separate things. A Fullborn being born naturally is obviously going to be really really hard to happen. And it's known that the Mistborn gene interferes with the Feruchemical gene, splitting it up. So yes, we have WoBs that it'd be incredibly unlikely without some sort of manipulation.

But claiming there's not enough room in the spiritweb for both is something else completely. For example, I'm sure that a Feruchemist who ingested lerasium would have no problems with being a Fullborn. And in the very WoB you quoted, it says that it's possible, so saying "there's not enough room" would be false?

4 minutes ago, RShara said:

Those are two separate things. A Fullborn being born naturally is obviously going to be really really hard to happen. And it's known that the Mistborn gene interferes with the Feruchemical gene, splitting it up. So yes, we have WoBs that it'd be incredibly unlikely without some sort of manipulation.

But claiming there's not enough room in the spiritweb for both is something else completely. For example, I'm sure that a Feruchemist who ingested lerasium would have no problems with being a Fullborn. And in the very WoB you quoted, it says that it's possible, so saying "there's not enough room" would be false?

I put those WOB's up as a direct counter to the whole "not enough room in your spiritweb" argument. If it can happen naturally then there is clearly enough room in your spiritweb to house both Feruchemy and Allomancy. The two different genes are just not very compatible.  

Just now, Dancer said:

I put those WOB's up as a direct counter to the whole "not enough room in your spiritweb" argument. If it can happen naturally then there is clearly enough room in your spiritweb to house both Feruchemy and Allomancy. The two different genes are just not very compatible.  

Oh sorry, misread you. Thanks!

• Chaos locked this topic