What is Ham's name?

Karger

There's only one named/titled Originator who we don't know who it is, "Lady Truth". So unless Hammond took an interesting developmental turn in his life, that's not him.

He does have a "Hammondar Bay" named after him in the post-Catacendre world, though.

I can see other geographical references to people and places of the Final Empire in Era 2, from looking at the map inside Alloy of Law:

• Elendel and the Elendel Basin, named for Elend Venture
  • Sea of Yomend for Yomen, "the Last Obligator"
  • Doxonar, named for Dox (as well as the apocryphal "Docksithium")
  • Vindiel-Cameux, named for Vin and ? -- surely not her abusive skaa crewleader, Camon?
  • Alendel, named for Alendi
  • Rashekin, named for Rashek, The Lord Ruler
  • Feltrel. Named for Felt? The House Venture spy and eventual worldhopper serving Dalinar on Roshar in SA?
  • New Seran and the Seran Range, named for the FE establishment where the Conventical of Seran was
  • The Faleast Range, possibly echoing the name of Fellise, where Kelsier killed Lord Tresting to kick off TFE

Unknown but intriguing name origins (could also just be Brandon's in-jokes to friends and associates):

• Sea of Lennes
  • Tyrian Sea
  • Town of Covingtar
  • Town of Doriel
  • Town of Dazarlumue
  • Channerel Range

2 hours ago, robardin said:

There's only one named/titled Originator who we don't know who it is, "Lady Truth". So unless Hammond took an interesting developmental turn in his life, that's not him.

He does have a "Hammondar Bay" named after him in the post-Catacendre world, though.

I can see other geographical references to people and places of the Final Empire in Era 2, from looking at the map inside Alloy of Law:

• Elendel and the Elendel Basin, named for Elend Venture
  • Sea of Yomend for Yomen, "the Last Obligator"
  • Doxonar, named for Dox (as well as the apocryphal "Docksithium")
  • Vindiel-Cameux, named for Vin and ? -- surely not her abusive skaa crewleader, Camon?
  • Alendel, named for Alendi
  • Rashekin, named for Rashek, The Lord Ruler
  • Feltrel. Named for Felt? The House Venture spy and eventual worldhopper serving Dalinar on Roshar in SA?
  • New Seran and the Seran Range, named for the FE establishment where the Conventical of Seran was
  • The Faleast Range, possibly echoing the name of Fellise, where Kelsier killed Lord Tresting to kick off TFE

Unknown but intriguing name origins (could also just be Brandon's in-jokes to friends and associates):

• Sea of Lennes
  • Tyrian Sea
  • Town of Covingtar
  • Town of Doriel
  • Town of Dazarlumue
  • Channerel Range

Tyrian Sea is probably named after the ashmount of the same name(possibly different spelling, can't remember, listened to mistborn mostly on audiobook).

1 hour ago, Harrycrapper said:

Tyrian Sea is probably named after the ashmount of the same name(possibly different spelling, can't remember, listened to mistborn mostly on audiobook).

Ah, good memory! That actually accounts for a number of the names on my list, as shown in an inset map from the original Mistborn trilogy:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Ashmounts

There were seven ashmounts in the Final Empire:

• Tyrian, in the Central Dominance, near Luthadel
  • Zerinah, in the Southern Dominance, southwest of Luthadel
  • Doriel, in the Southern Dominance, almost due south of Luthadel
  • Faleast, in the Eastern Dominance, south-southeast of Luthadel
  • Morag, in the Western Dominance, west-northwest of Luthadel
  • Torinost, in the Western Dominance, north-northwest of Luthadel
  • Kalling, in the Northern Dominance, northeast of Luthadel

And if I looked closer at the Alloy of Law map, I could probably find more of the other names there.

Just now, RShara said:

Didn't most skaa not have a last name? One of the indicators that they were lower than the nobles that had surnames. So he was probably just Hammond.

I mean an honorific.  Even the intern Preserver Spook gets two!

I suppose this goes on questions to ask Brandon then

Just now, Karger said:

I mean an honorific.  Even the intern Preserver Spook gets two!

I suppose this goes on questions to ask Brandon then

Clearly my reading comprehension skills are at zero right now. Sorry I don't know why I answered in such a stupid way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:22 AM, robardin said:

Vindiel-Cameux, named for Vin and ? -- surely not her abusive skaa crewleader, Camon?

I think it must be a place that was originally two towns, Vindiel and Cameux. No relation to eachother other than being close to one another. I think "Cameux" may have originally been named after...

Stormlight spoilers:

Spoiler

Demoux, but... being the worldhopper that we now know him to be, he might have intentionally influenced the naming of the city in order to avoid giving his identity away to any potential visitors to Scadrial.

• 11 months later...

On 17/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, Karger said:

Given the Protector, The Announcer, The Ascendant Warrior, and The Counselor of the Gods.  What is Ham's name?  He was one of the preservers.  He should have one.

In SoS the governor named a "hamondess Scion" so... Was "hamond the scion" like a title?

15 hours ago, Aioria said:

In SoS the governor named a "hamondess Scion" so... Was "hamond the scion" like a title?

Scion usually means descendent right, so I think that is just a fancy way of saying she is a descendant of Ham not referencing his title.