Stormlight Archive Casting

WhereisHoid

So, Brandon confirmed that the TV show for SA is now on stage 3 (finding a studio). Who would you like to see in the show??

I think Avan Jogia looks like Kaladin (or Luke Pasqualino) oh and Marlon Teixeira

For Shallan I'd go with Karen Gillan, Jane Levy or Sophia Lillis (she's 17 like Shallan)

I can't think of anyone for Adolin, it's soooo complicated.

william devaughn stumpf for Szeth

Jeff Bridges for Odium

What do you think?? who would you like to be Adolin, Dalinar, Syl and the others?

18 hours ago, Vindo said:

I feel a cartoon would be the best fit. I don't think live action would do the series justice. I don't think the Szeth vs Kaladin scene could be done well in live action. 

yes i think so too, but I'd love to see a live action too with real people acting as Kal or Shallan :( But you are right, the special effects needed for this show don't exist yet.

Live action is a bit difficult because none of the races on Roshar exist in real life. The Alethi are some sort of cross between Arab, Polynesian, and Japanese, with added tallness due to higher oxygen + gravity on Roshar. Are we going to have to synthetically create actors for a Stormlight TV show? :P

On 17/10/2019 at 7:54 PM, Inky said:

Live action is a bit difficult because none of the races on Roshar exist in real life. The Alethi are some sort of cross between Arab, Polynesian, and Japanese, with added tallness due to higher oxygen + gravity on Roshar. Are we going to have to synthetically create actors for a Stormlight TV show? :P

true... I would also enjoy an animated tv show . let's see what they do

For Syl, I'd do Evanna Lynch (Purely because of looks), for Odium, Donald Sutherland might be good, mostly because he played a somewhat similar character in Hunger Games, and, come to think of it, Zac Efron could be a pretty good Moash.

On 21/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, WannabeWorldhopper said:

For Syl, I'd do Evanna Lynch (Purely because of looks), for Odium, Donald Sutherland might be good, mostly because he played a somewhat similar character in Hunger Games, and, come to think of it, Zac Efron could be a pretty good Moash.

yeah I can see them , I like your Syl Evanna would fit perfectly

I have been watching The 100 recently and think Bob Morley would make a great Moash. 

Also, Kaladin, Kekua Kekomano. He plays young Aquaman in Aquaman. He pretty much looks exactly like Kal, and is the right age.

And for Dalinar, Temuera Morrison. The ultimate movie dad: he plays the father of Boba Fett, Moana and Aquaman. 

I also think Oscar Isaac would be a really great Kabsal.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:03 AM, WhereisHoid said:

It's a chinese studio, don't know much about them... they made Iron Man 3 

Well, I guess at least we will have some asian actors to play Stormlight Archive... 

8 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I also think Oscar Isaac would be a really great Kabsal.

A bit too old to be him

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Allendrius said:

Here's what I think

Bernard hill as Dalinar

Gemma Chang as Jasnah

Michelle Yeoh as Navani

Dev Pattel as Kaladin

Chris O'Dowd as Rock (with a lot of muscle growth)

And Millie Bobby Brown as Lift

I think the Dalinar casting is too old. He needs to be a solid middle age. Keanu Reeves would be a nice choice. I don’t know about the Lift casting either. I think a less known newcomer might be nice there.

I love your Jasnah and Navani choices. 

Havent tried this sort of thing in a long while, but it could be fun:

Shallan: Maisie Williams

Kaladin:  Chai Hansen

Adolin:  Nick Jonas (Only seen him act in Jumanji, but I think he could bring the right mix of charming and dim)

Renarin: Tom Holland (Best awkward teenager I can think of at the moment)

Szeth:  Lliam Devaughn Stumpf (Never heard of this guy until the OP, but he has the perfect look.  If he can pull off the emotional tension vibrating off Szeth, he'd be perfect).

Rock: Jai Courtney (I know, I know.  But if he went 120% on his Suicide Squad humor, I think it could work)

Dalinar:  Dwayne Johnson (I figure we should Cast for the Blackthorn rather than Dalinar, so even the audience defaults to him being a bloodthristy warlord at first glance. Also Keanu would need to do a lot of steroids to get the right bulk, and I dont want to put him through that at his age)

Jashan:  Adria Arjona (Go watch Good Omens, thank me later)

The Lopen: J.B. Smoove

Lift: An Unknown.  Anyone I cast now would be too old by the time production began.