What Are Your Favorite The Stormlight Archive Quotes?

This entire exchange 

Kaladin sighed as Wit continued to pluck out notes. “If I play along today,” Kaladin asked, “will that get rid of you?”
“I will leave as soon as the story is done.”
“Fine. A man went to jail. He hated it there. The end.”
“Ah . . .” Wit said. “So it’s a story about a child, then.”
“No, it’s about—” Kaladin cut off.
Me.
“Perhaps a story for a child,” Wit said. “I will tell you one, to get you in the mood. A bunny rabbit and a chick went frolicking in the grass together on a sunny day.”
“A chick . . . baby chicken?” Kaladin said. “And a what?”
“Ah, forgot myself for a moment,” Wit said. “Sorry. Let me make it more appropriate for you. A piece of wet slime and a disgusting crab thing with seventeen legs slunk across the rocks together on an insufferably rainy day. Is that better?”

It's not really quotable... But it's the lead up tothe fleet story, and we'll... Kaladin really needed someone to snap him out of things. 

"The most important step a man can take..."

[paraphrased] it is not the first one which starts the journey or the last one at the destination

"It's the next one, isn't it? It's always the next one"

Edited by Honorless
There's always another secret

And on that note. 

He hadn’t lived as two, or four, or six men—he had lived as thousands, for each day he became someone slightly different.
He hadn’t changed in one giant leap, but across a million little steps.

Edit: there are too many good things to count in this series. 

Edited by Calderis

Oh boy I can't really put all together, I'd have to quote half the books. There's one though that stayed with me ever since I first read WoK:

The book spoke of a king carrying the burdens of his people. It said that those who lead were the lowest of men, for they were required to serve everyone.

There are a lot of quotes that I love...too many to list.  One random one came to mind that is by no means my favorite, but worthy of note: the snippet from Jasnah's essay in WoR:

What is a woman's place in this modern world? Jasnah Kholin's words read. I rebel against this question, though so many of my peers ask it. The inherent bias in the inquiry seems invisible to so many of them. They consider themselves progressive because they are willing to challenge many of the assumptions of the past.

They ignore the greater assumption--that a 'place' for women must be defined and set forth to begin with. Half of the population must somehow be reduced to the role arrived at by a single conversation. No matter how broad that role is, it will be--by-nature--a reduction from the infinite variety that is womanhood.

I say that there is no role for women--there is, instead, a role for each woman, and she must make it for herself. For some, it will be the role of scholar; for others, it will be the role of wife. For others, it will be both. For yet others, it will be neither.

Do not mistake me in assuming I value one woman's role above another. My point is not to stratify our society--we have done that far to well already--my point is to diversify our discourse.

A woman's strength should not be in her role, whatever she chooses it to be, but in the power to choose that role. It is amazing to me that I even have to make this point, as I see it as the very foundation of our conversation.

― Brandon Sanderson, Words of Radiance

I just remember reading it for the first time and being like "Amen, sister..."

In my opinion, Shallan was never right for Kaladin. Kaladin needs someone who is stable, not someone who uses humor as a defense mechanism. However, this part in the story still got me. How he yearns to be happy and finds it beautiful when someone has that capability of at least projecting happiness

3dgf76.jpg

Oddly, on occasion, I sense a peacefulness within. You would think that after all I have seen - after all that I have suffered - my soul would be a twisted jumble of stress, confusion, and melancholy. Often, it's just that.

But then, there is the peace.

I feel it sometimes, as I do now, staring out over the frozen cliffs and glass mountains in the still of the morning, watching a sunrise that is so majestic that I know that none shall ever be its match.

If there are prophecies, if there is a Hero of Ages, then my mind whispers that there must be something directing my path. Something is watching; something cares. These peaceful whispers tell me a truth I wish very much to believe.

If I fail, another shall come to finish my work.

~from Alendi's journal, the Final Empire

Poor Alendi, poor Leras

Edit: oops!

When Lift follows Nale "I will listen to those who have been ignored"

damnation, that made all the "Voidbringer!" comments bearable

Edited by Honorless

"This will be your boon. I will not make of you the man you can become. I will not give you the aptitude, or the strength, nor will I take from you your compulsions. But I will give you . . . a pruning. A careful excision to let you grow.

The cost will be high. In doing this, I provide for him a weapon. Dangerous, very dangerous. Yet, all things must be cultivated. What I take from you will grow back eventually. This is part of the cost.

It will do me well to have a part of you, even if you ultimately become his. You were always bound to come to me. I control all things that can be grown, nurtured.

That includes the thorns."

-Cultivation