Sanderson via Jordan

RossMurdock

Hello,  I am probably older than your parents but I have been reading Sci-fi since I was ten.  A friend suggested the Sanderson fan site.  Norton, Asimov,  and Heinlein were my first introduction and I have trying to expand my experience since grade school.   Hope I can add to the discussions.

6 hours ago, RossMurdock said:

Hello,  I am probably older than your parents but I have been reading Sci-fi since I was ten.  A friend suggested the Sanderson fan site.  Norton, Asimov,  and Heinlein were my first introduction and I have trying to expand my experience since grade school.   Hope I can add to the discussions.

Welcome @RossMurdock! Age does not matter here, only our discussions with fellow members (although some of us are not as young as they appear). I assume you've read Jordan then which has been your introduction to Sanderson. What's been your favourite sci-fi book so far since I see that's how you got your roots!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 2:25 AM, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard, @RossMurdock!

I assume, going by the title, that you read Sanderson after reading his conclusion to the Wheel of Time series?

What other Sanderson books have you read? And which one is your favorite?

Sorry to disappoint but I am just starting The Way of Kings.  I really did start with YA  Andre Norton and progressed up to Foundation,etc.  I really like LOR, the Foundation series and admit to reading Wheel every 12-18 months.  I'll get back to you about Kings, am really looking forward to exploring Sanderson's worlds.

25 minutes ago, RossMurdock said:

Sorry to disappoint but I am just starting The Way of Kings.  I really did start with YA  Andre Norton and progressed up to Foundation,etc.  I really like LOR, the Foundation series and admit to reading Wheel every 12-18 months.  I'll get back to you about Kings, am really looking forward to exploring Sanderson's worlds.

Not at all disappointed! I love getting first impressions from people just getting into the Cosmere. I'd love to have a discussion with you on your impressions of the book after you're finished reading it!

• 4 weeks later...