Enough with the Moash thing

Honorless

6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

In all it's the star wars plot that takes place in a watered down version of Middle Earth

Yeah but the magic system was a very cool concept that I think could be if executed better made amazing particularly the psychic parts and the way intention and mental image/understanding  played a role in it. I also really liked the eldunari and think that it had some of the most interesting dragons I’ve read. I also think it did power scaling in a way that was interesting if it had been from a better author it could have been a very interesting look at some of the insane power level differences in fantasy, it could have had a dark lord that wasn’t beaten by some random gimmick or the chosen protagonist because he was chosen like vin and such but because of some random mistake he made in cursing a young girl that became a incredibly powerful entity because of it.(though she was also a bit derivative of st Alia from dune) 

so it had some good stuff but it was overall pretty bad, but a talented writer could take some of the stuff in it and make it very good.

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

*blinks*

no, why

Lift is perfect

Oh,  I don't know, maybe because she thought the Azir would eat here, or that Wyndle was a Voidbringer, or that old men with tight butts are bad, and do I have to continue why I might sometimes be exasperated by the character?

26 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Oh,  I don't know, maybe because she thought the Azir would eat here, or that Wyndle was a Voidbringer, or that old men with tight butts are bad, and do I have to continue why I might sometimes be exasperated by the character?

I have no words for you if you don't find that hilarious.

how can you not like Lift.

It's like hating breathing.

Edited by Frustration

27 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

... I liked her in OB, okay? She was only annoying in Edgedancer. She's fine with other characters. She just doesn't work alone.

I can agree with that, she is almost like a spren, like syl and pattern she doesn’t really work on her own but she is incredibly interesting and awesome when she can play off other characters.

Just now, Valigus said:

I can agree with that, she is almost like a spren, like syl and pattern she doesn’t really work on her own but she is incredibly interesting and awesome when she can play off other characters.

YES. THANK YOU. Her character has a lot of comic relief, and so it's hard to make her enjoyable on her own. She works really well of characters, especially since their all so serious, she is a breath of fresh air when they're around. 

32 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

YES. THANK YOU. Her character has a lot of comic relief, and so it's hard to make her enjoyable on her own. She works really well of characters, especially since their all so serious, she is a breath of fresh air when they're around. 

You’re welcome, but yeah it’s the opposite reason of why I think kaladin needs to die or something else needs to put him out of action, he makes everyone like lift when he is around.

Let me clarify I don’t want him to die but he is like the masculine equivalent of jasnah in wok he just subordinates everyone else around him jasnah had to “die” so shallan could move on and the same thing has to happen to kaladin generally it’s hard to have other fighting characters when kaladin can just show up fight 12 fused at once plus an unmade while protecting dalinar with only a tiny bit of help while having a depressive episode.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:03 PM, Nellac said:

Anybody else see the irony of a thread called "Enough with the Moash thing already" that seems to reappear every couple months?

...isn’t this like its first necro? 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, Honorless said:

The thread was created in Oct, stayed active till Nov, became active again in Feb.

Requesting again to please stop posting off-topic things here.

Off-topic like requesting people to not post things that are off-topic?

Also, what the hell is off-topic? If we talk about Moash in any way, it is technically on topic, and I will make the argument talking about any character and the hate/love they get is on topic for this tread. And Yes, I did this both to annoy you and also ask a genuine question. It's called multitasking. Also, hello @Frustration, looks like your prediction that this is it's first necro was wrong. I thought you have been around for over a year. Get it together. XD

Edit: Just realized that I might be coming off a little strong perhaps. If I am, feel free to tell me. Otherwise, I am CHAOS INCARNATE. and no, I'm not drunk.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

38 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Off-topic like requesting people to not post things that are off-topic?

Also, what the hell is off-topic? If we talk about Moash in any way, it is technically on topic, and I will make the argument talking about any character and the hate/love they get is on topic for this tread. And Yes, I did this both to annoy you and also ask a genuine question. It's called multitasking. Also, hello @Frustration, looks like your prediction that this is it's first necro was wrong. I thought you have been around for over a year. Get it together. XD

Edit: Just realized that I might be coming off a little strong perhaps. If I am, feel free to tell me. Otherwise, I am CHAOS INCARNATE. and no, I'm not drunk.

If you scroll up, there are off-topic discussions regarding other characters or other authors.

I fail to see why you're so pissed off when that rebuke wasn't aimed at you, and the people it was aimed at did not take offense or so I assume since I interacted with them elsewhere after this thread.

Off topic is anything that isn't on topic, obviously. If it isn't about Moash's actions in the books and how he is perceived by the community then it's off-topic. This thread is not for conversations (nor is any other thread, really), of course I don't mind if a conversation evolves naturally, it happens but that conversation has run its course and if the people feel like continuing their conversation then it belongs in PMs or any thread(s) about the same subject that they were talking about, this is basic forum etiquette.

Edited by Honorless

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

If you scroll up, there are off-topic discussions regarding other characters or other authors.

I fail to see why you're so pissed off when that rebuke wasn't aimed at you, and the people it was aimed at did not take offense or so I assume since I interacted with them elsewhere after this thread.

Off topic is anything that isn't on topic, obviously. If it isn't about Moash's actions in the books and how he is perceived by the community then it's off-topic. This thread is not for conversations (nor is any other thread, really), of course I don't mind if a conversation evolves naturally, it happens but that conversation has run its course and if the people feel like continuing their conversation then it belongs in PMs or any thread(s) about the same subject that they were talking about, this is basic forum etiquette.

My good man, you seem to have gotten the impression that I was upset. How ghastly! I was simply curious and also a little drunk/high/etc last night from some incredibly good news. Hope you have not gotten the wrong impression here. That would be distasteful. Now if you excuse me, I have some other posts to respond to.