Any Fountain Pen Writers?

Kasimir

18 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

I have joined the sophisticated crowd.  My wife just bought me a Hongdian pen and a bottle of Waterman Serenity Blue ink.  Still getting used to it, but I love it already!

Can you post a pic of some writing using that ink?  I've thought about getting some of it myself.  I want to get a lighter blue to contrast with the darker X-Feather Blue that I have from Noodler's. 

2 hours ago, Cyclops said:

Can you post a pic of some writing using that ink?  I've thought about getting some of it myself.  I want to get a lighter blue to contrast with the darker X-Feather Blue that I have from Noodler's. 

I will try... but it might take some doing.  I only have a flip phone, so I don't have a good way to take and post pictures.  I'll have to borrow my wife's phone and figure out how to make it work.

• 2 weeks later...

Got these as a gift and they don't work for me. They write extremely wet and feather with heavy writing pressure like I use. They have no use for me but I hate to waste anything. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. Completely free, first person to respond publicly I'll PM asking for an address to ship to. I don't need or want anything else. US only please.

PXL_20220205_105526658.jpg

8 hours ago, Player22 said:

Got these as a gift and they don't work for me. They write extremely wet and feather with heavy writing pressure like I use. They have no use for me but I hate to waste anything. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. Completely free, first person to respond publicly I'll PM asking for an address to ship to. I don't need or want anything else. US only please.

PXL_20220205_105526658.jpg

If you've not heard from anyone else, I'll put them to use.  That is, if they'll work with F and EF nibs. 

11 hours ago, Player22 said:

Not asking as I'm not in the US, but does this mean you use broad wet nibs? :P

@Slowswift is disturbed by my commitment to thicc, broad, wet Pelikans :P 

5 hours ago, Player22 said:

All yours. They'll work fine as long as you don't have a heavy hand or a nib that scratches your paper too much.

I don't have a heavy hand, as I have arthritis; I let the pen write by its own weight.  That's why I use fountain pens; ballpoints are killers for me, and rollerballs too, if I'm not careful.  And thank you. 

Edited by Cyclops

2 hours ago, Player22 said:

Petrol is by far my favorite. Of course I think that every time I get a new Pelikan. There's something about that pattern though that always makes me want to pick it up instead of the others.

Petol is definitely my favourite too. I'm actually interested in what this year's M205 will look like because Edelstein Apatite looks pretty great.

It turns out that I'm not as big a fan of the TWSBI Go as I thought I would be.  It's got too much feedback for my liking.  I'll be going back to my Pilot Metropolitan as my everyday writer.   On the plus side, when I inked the Go, it lasted right at 15 days before needing a refill.  And that was with constant use.  The spring-loaded filler worked great.  That nib...I just...no.

New Pen/Ink/Notebooks/And-Other-Pen-Stuff Day

From Goulet:  
Pilot Metropolitan, F nib, Silver Python  
Notebook sampler, 7-piece  
Noodler's Red-Black ink  
And the obligatory Tootsie Roll Pop and sticker

From JetPens:  
Fountain Pen-friendly correction tape  
Pilot's larger converter  
And the ever-present comic strip

Decent haul today.

20220216_190336.jpg

20220216_185949.jpg

20220216_190013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got a few more things to feed my addiction...um...I mean...add to my collection.  Pilot Kakuno (F), Waterman Audacious Red and Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher.  The Red isn't as bold as I would have liked.  And I suppose that if I had paid more attention, I'd have seen that the Kakuno didn't come with a pocket clip.  Is there one available, like for the Kaweco Sport?

The pipettes are 3ml, and came in a bag of 200.  Because I'll not likely go thru all these in my lifetime if used only for my pens, I'll also be using them for other applications, such as getting the last bit of hot sauce from the bottom of the bottles and such.  But they're more convenient for using on my pens than than the blunt-tipped syringes as they're much more easily and quickly cleaned.

The paper is actually sold as flower pressing paper.  I was looking for a cheaper alternative to J. Herbin blotter paper.  Someone wrote a review on the Arnold Grummer paper, that it worked well for fountain pens.  And it seems to work just fine.  The sheets are larger than standard notebook or printer paper.  I can get 2 full J. Herbin sheets with more left over from one sheet of the A.G. paper.

The Kakuno purchase came about because I discovered that the large converter didn't fit my Metropolitan.  Again, if I had read further, or just paid more attention to what I had read, I wouldn't have gotten that converter in the first place.  But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  So I did the only reasonable thing I could: I bought a pen that the larger converter would fit.  Even though it was the cheapest one they have.  It's not inked yet, but I'll most likely be using the Kingfisher.

20220301_175559.jpg

20220301_213523.jpg

20220304_021601.jpg

4 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

I got a few more things to feed my addiction...um...I mean...add to my collection.  Pilot Kakuno (F), Waterman Audacious Red and Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher.  The Red isn't as bold as I would have liked.  And I suppose that if I had paid more attention, I'd have seen that the Kakuno didn't come with a pocket clip.  Is there one available, like for the Kaweco Sport?

The pipettes are 3ml, and came in a bag of 200.  Because I'll not likely go thru all these in my lifetime if used only for my pens, I'll also be using them for other applications, such as getting the last bit of hot sauce from the bottom of the bottles and such.  But they're more convenient for using on my pens than than the blunt-tipped syringes as they're much more easily and quickly cleaned.

The paper is actually sold as flower pressing paper.  I was looking for a cheaper alternative to J. Herbin blotter paper.  Someone wrote a review on the Arnold Grummer paper, that it worked well for fountain pens.  And it seems to work just fine.  The sheets are larger than standard notebook or printer paper.  I can get 2 full J. Herbin sheets with more left over from one sheet of the A.G. paper.

The Kakuno purchase came about because I discovered that the large converter didn't fit my Metropolitan.  Again, if I had read further, or just paid more attention to what I had read, I wouldn't have gotten that converter in the first place.  But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  So I did the only reasonable thing I could: I bought a pen that the larger converter would fit.  Even though it was the cheapest one they have.  It's not inked yet, but I'll most likely be using the Kingfisher.

20220301_175559.jpg

20220301_213523.jpg

20220304_021601.jpg

Don't believe that the kakuno has an available clip, but it's a good choice—insanely value-for-money, in my view. The paper looks good too. I'm more a syringe than pipette guy but I have friends who prefer the pipette, yeah. (This might be short as I just woke up with a headache.)

13 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Don't believe that the kakuno has an available clip, but it's a good choice—insanely value-for-money, in my view. The paper looks good too. I'm more a syringe than pipette guy but I have friends who prefer the pipette, yeah. (This might be short as I just woke up with a headache.)

I'm sorry to hear that.  Hope you feel better soon.  I'm a ginormous sissy when it comes to headaches.

Edited by Cyclops

On 1/25/2022 at 10:48 AM, Cyclops said:

Finally got a pic to share.  The Serenity Blue is not a light blue - I included some pencil and black ballpoint for comparison.

I think my next bottle will be the Waterman Mysterious Blue.  Less indigo and more aqua.

IMG_20220305_144215510.jpg

24 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

Finally got a pic to share.  The Serenity Blue is not a light blue - I included some pencil and black ballpoint for comparison.

I think my next bottle will be the Waterman Mysterious Blue.  Less indigo and more aqua.

IMG_20220305_144215510.jpg

I might just have to get some of that.