Feruchemy "of" Balance not "a" balance

Yipyip

I am listening to The Hero of Ages.....again. I noticed that at the beginning of Part Three Chapter 34 it says, "Feruchemy, it should be noted, is the power of balance. Of the three powers only it was know to mend before the conflict between Preservation and Ruin came to a head ...." The quote keeps going. I searched this a little bit and everything I see says that Feruchemy is the balance BETWEEN Preservation and Ruin. This quote makes it sound like Balance is its own shard. The quote also says of the three powers, which makes it sound like its own shard too. Thoughts?  

Edited by Yipyip

Just now, Yipyip said:

I am listening to The Hero of Ages.....again. I noticed that at the beginning of Part Three Chapter 34 it says, "Feruchemy, it should be noted, is the power of balance. Of the three powers only it was know to mend before the conflict between Preservation and Ruin came to a head ...." The quote keeps going. I searched this a little bit and everything I see says that Feruchemy is the balance BETWEEN Preservation and Ruin.

The three powers would be the three Metallic Arts--Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy.

Just now, Yipyip said:

This quote makes it sound like Balance is its own shard.

Hmmm, you might almost call it Harmonious...hmmmm

I love Brandon's foreshadowing!

4 hours ago, Yipyip said:

I see what you did there ;). Fair enough, I can see that the three power refered to are the  Metallic Arts and not three seperate shards. 

Philosophically speaking it might be accurate to consider both Ruin and Preservation as two parts of a greater whole.  If you want to call this balance feel free.  Saze came to a different conclusion but it is by no means definitive. 

• Chaos locked this topic