Hello Everyone!

Hakusho Slick

On 10/13/2019 at 5:36 AM, Wander89 said:

Love the Expanse!! You and I are going to get on really well B)

Oh yeah, I think we'll get along fine. It usually takes me months of getting to know someone before I get them onto both the Sanderson and Expanse hype trains, but here, seems like people are already on board. :D I think that the Expanse would be getting a lot more buzz if there wasn't so much amazing stuff coming out right now. Which was your favorite season?

10 hours ago, Hakusho Slick said:

Oh yeah, I think we'll get along fine. It usually takes me months of getting to know someone before I get them onto both the Sanderson and Expanse hype trains, but here, seems like people are already on board. :D I think that the Expanse would be getting a lot more buzz if there wasn't so much amazing stuff coming out right now. Which was your favorite season?

Exactly! Good to see someone else around with the same interests (that aren't just Sanderson). Hmmmm I'd have to say Season 3, without spoiling anything for anyone. What about you??

On 10/15/2019 at 4:56 AM, Wander89 said:

Exactly! Good to see someone else around with the same interests (that aren't just Sanderson). Hmmmm I'd have to say Season 3, without spoiling anything for anyone. What about you??

Oh man I've gotta say that season two is my favorite for the pure political intrigue but I can guess why you picked season three (no spoilers!). Now all you gotta do is tell me you're a fan of Hayao Miyazaki and/or Satoshi Kon and I will honestly launch an investigation into a sibling switched at birth...

5 hours ago, Hakusho Slick said:

Oh man I've gotta say that season two is my favorite for the pure political intrigue but I can guess why you picked season three (no spoilers!). Now all you gotta do is tell me you're a fan of Hayao Miyazaki and/or Satoshi Kon and I will honestly launch an investigation into a sibling switched at birth...

Haha yeah, definitely no spoilers as to why I like Season 3!! Well, who isn't a fan of Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is one of my favourite ever movies B) Haven't seen any from Satoshi Kon except from Paprika. Get that investigation started!

Edited by Wander89
Spelling

6 hours ago, Hakusho Slick said:

...fan of Hayao Miyazaki and/or Satoshi Kon and I will honestly launch an investigation into a sibling switched at birth...

58 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

Well, who isn't a fan of Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is one of my favourite ever movies B) Haven't seen any from Satoshi Kon except from Paprika. Get that investigation started!

Gah! 

Now I gotta know what your favourite films are! Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Arietty, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Children Who Chased Lost Voices, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, The Place Promised in Our Early Days... those films... *sniffles*... memories

Edited by Honorless

4 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Gah! 

Now I gotta know what your favourite films are! Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Arietty, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Children Who Chased Lost Voices, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Place Promised in Our Early Days... those films... *sniffles*... memories

I'm going to message you otherwise we will just clog this thread :lol:

9 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Haha yeah, definitely no spoilers as to why I like Season 3!! Well, who isn't a fan of Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is one of my favourite ever movies B) Haven't seen any from Satoshi Kon except from Paprika. Get that investigation started!

I've contacted the hospital that issued my birth certificate, evidently I have a long lost brother who's 10 years older and lives in Scotland. Definitely check out some Satoshi Kon if you haven't, Millenium Actress is a favorite of mine. Also check out some Makoto Shinkai, not as consistently great but definitely some gems in there.

8 hours ago, Honorless said:

Gah! 

Now I gotta know what your favourite films are! Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Arietty, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Children Who Chased Lost Voices, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, The Place Promised in Our Early Days... those films... *sniffles*... memories

And there's the Shinkai. Children Who Chased Lost Voices is Best-Ghibli-Not-Ghibli, I think. I've gotta say though, my favorite might just be The Wind Rises just purely for the aesthetics. Incredibly gorgeous film. 

5 hours ago, Hakusho Slick said:

I've contacted the hospital that issued my birth certificate, evidently I have a long lost brother who's 10 years older and lives in Scotland. Definitely check out some Satoshi Kon if you haven't, Millenium Actress is a favorite of mine. Also check out some Makoto Shinkai, not as consistently great but definitely some gems in there.

And there's the Shinkai. Children Who Chased Lost Voices is Best-Ghibli-Not-Ghibli, I think. I've gotta say though, my favorite might just be The Wind Rises just purely for the aesthetics. Incredibly gorgeous film. 

I knew it!! And thanks for making me feel much older than I really do feel :huh: Shinkai is good, too. Your Name is such a moving piece and I'm looking forward to Weathering With You. 5 Centimetres is also pretty good but the format didn't really work for me. I do love Ghibli (played Ni No Kuni just for the visuals!) and I'll definitely look at those suggestions!!

7 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I knew it!! And thanks for making me feel much older than I really do feel :huh: Shinkai is good, too. Your Name is such a moving piece and I'm looking forward to Weathering With You. 5 Centimetres is also pretty good but the format didn't really work for me. I do love Ghibli (played Ni No Kuni just for the visuals!) and I'll definitely look at those suggestions!!

Hey, no need to feel old! Sanderson is for all ages, I'm just a little baby. Your Name WAS decidedly moving, in that it turned me into a babbling fool for 15 minutes, but I agree on 5 Centimeters-- gorgeous but a bit odd in a way that detracts, I think. Garden of words was great though. For games, I'm more of a multiplayer guy. League, Destiny 2, and Smash Ultimate on the dorm room couch are my go-to's right now. So grateful to Brando and the community for all these awesome new friends I'm making.

2 hours ago, Hakusho Slick said:

Hey, no need to feel old! Sanderson is for all ages, I'm just a little baby. Your Name WAS decidedly moving, in that it turned me into a babbling fool for 15 minutes, but I agree on 5 Centimeters-- gorgeous but a bit odd in a way that detracts, I think. Garden of words was great though. For games, I'm more of a multiplayer guy. League, Destiny 2, and Smash Ultimate on the dorm room couch are my go-to's right now. So grateful to Brando and the community for all these awesome new friends I'm making.

I know, I'm kidding haha. I've been watching a lot of anime right now but we should probably talk via private message otherwise this thread will just get clogged! I'll message you now!

• 3 weeks later...