Thanks Kas for running this game! I had a lot of fun with it. I really liked the Reform Spy mechanic, and hope it gets used again sometime.

Congratulations to the discovery team on their victory - I think the village was slightly unlucky with the Reform Spy dying early (and two of the Arbiters), but at least it had done something.

And I hope I'll be around whenever Kas chooses to run Part 3, anyway - I wouldn't want to miss it, because it ought to be a very interesting end to a very interesting series of games. :P

Good to see that I had everyone convinced I was village even after I flipped. :D

I'll be honest, part of the reason why I did it was also because I'd spent so long setting Joon up as the most incompetent buffoon ever. It was just too tempting. Y'all can blame El for that, with all the comments she made about Joon.

I let my playstyle change so drastically on the last cycle because Elandera's name was bandied around so much, and I didn't know she had an extra life, so I didn't want the lynch to hit her and thought that I might be able to draw aggro by acting different. Not that anybody seemed to notice...

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Only if Striker Kalebane, Gamebreaker, Terror of GMs, the Shield of the Lynch doesn't play :ph34r: j/k

You want a part c? cries in 11 reports and 3 presentations and 1 folder of logistics assignments >>

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I’ll definitely be playing the next game. The question is whether or not I’ll have mercy on you. :P

Anyway, despite how early I got lynched in part b and how stupid I was in part a, this game was pretty fun. The RP was all really great, the mechanics were really fun, and it was great talking with Wilson and everyone else in the village dead doc. Honestly, I’m kinda glad I broke the first run of the game. Not only did that let Rae and Wilson join in, both of which were amazing in this game, but I also got a pretty great title out of it. :P

@Kasimir @Haelbarde Thank you so much for running this game!

@Arraenae I definitely didn’t realize you were the EO. You played really well! Also, I still can’t get over how good your RP was. You too, @Elbereth If there was one thing I’d change, it’d be making a character I could RP better.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

If there was one thing I’d change, it’d be making a character I could RP better.

For me, what helps in creating an RP character here is finding some quirk or other noticeable thing that I can stick to for most of the game. This type of thing helps your character stand out across the dozens of posts per cycle. It's harder to plan for character arcs when you can die at any moment, though sometimes it's still worth a shot. Good examples of this were Asterion's PTSD and Zhier's glitter thing. Then to make them feel more like a person, throw in a few other traits.

Making your character interaction-friendly can also help a lot. If your character will react to things in fun ways, then others will want to interact with things. I played a lot off of dramatic irony with Joon's interest in Ellira, and a layer of irony on top of that with Joon being the EO despite acting so clueless and out of place. If you can pull something like that, it tends to increase reader enjoyment a lot.

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

For me, what helps in creating an RP character here is finding some quirk or other noticeable thing that I can stick to for most of the game. This type of thing helps your character stand out across the dozens of posts per cycle. It's harder to plan for character arcs when you can die at any moment, though sometimes it's still worth a shot. Good examples of this were Asterion's PTSD and Zhier's glitter thing. Then to make them feel more like a person, throw in a few other traits.

Making your character interaction-friendly can also help a lot. If your character will react to things in fun ways, then others will want to interact with things. I played a lot off of dramatic irony with Joon's interest in Ellira, and a layer of irony on top of that with Joon being the EO despite acting so clueless and out of place. If you can pull something like that, it tends to increase reader enjoyment a lot.

I do need to figure out little things that make a character who they are. I’ll admit that I never did spend time trying to figure out who Roashina was, and I only had enough time to do analysis when I was able to get on and post. I’m gonna try harder to RP in the next games I play in. 

3 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

You have no idea how much pain this brings me in the form of LG15b flashbacks :P I had a full character arc planned out for Sonder! And then I got iced in the first? second? cycle (probably second, since it's me) and then I was so furious it never got to see the light >>

I can also attest to the fact it definitely increased my enjoyment as the GM reading the RPs :P Fun characters all around, but Joon and Ellira did stand out for me!

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You have no idea how much pain this brings me in the form of LG15b flashbacks :P I had a full character arc planned out for Sonder! And then I got iced in the first? second? cycle (probably second, since it's me) and then I was so furious it never got to see the light >>

...after all this time? Even four years later?

24 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

At this point I can't even tell if the reference is intentional or not.

I promise that although the text beneath my avatar says "Most Ancient", I am conversant in Harry Potter memes and quotes :P 

4 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Elbereth was the handler. Elbereth. Wilson being spy, okay sure- good job btw and all that. But el was the handler? Wait what??? O_o that. Huh. Okay. Well then. 

That was also Wilson’s reaction. :P Yeah, so you know the post you made about Wilson not being the spy because she wouldn’t have called out two elims in one post? This was also my reasoning. >> Which is why I continued to think Elandera was village the entire time (although, had the game gone on past when it did, I’m reasonably sure I would’ve changed my mind and pegged Rae/Elandera as a team). 

3 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Arraenae I definitely didn’t realize you were the EO. You played really well! Also, I still can’t get over how good your RP was. You too, @Elbereth If there was one thing I’d change, it’d be making a character I could RP better.

Join my MR! It’ll go up next week sometime, will be LotR themed, and heavily RP focused! :D 

22 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Join my MR! It’ll go up next week sometime, will be LotR themed, and heavily RP focused! :D 

I mean, I would...but I’ve never read or watched LotR, so I don’t know if I’d enjoy it. :P

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I would...but I’ve never read or watched LotR, so I don’t know if I’d enjoy it. :P

:o...

Great job Wilson. I dismissed you as spy because it seemed too obvious. You did a great job playing us with the mind game. 

Kas, Hael, thanks for the game! It was a load of fun as an elim.

Thanks, El, for your support. :P 

Burnt and Alv, it was awesome working with both of you. And Rae, glad you joined our side! 

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I've once had something close to the opposite in a recent AG, with a character arc that I realized would work best if I ended up getting killed around C4 or so-ish, and then the game went long and the elims only killed me in the second-to-last cycle or so :D. By that time I'd also gotten busy enough that I didn't have time to ready my own death write-up, but the Gm ( I think it was Elbereth?), had picked up on where I'd intended to go and finished it beautifully anyway.

19 hours ago, DeTess said:

I've once had something close to the opposite in a recent AG, with a character arc that I realized would work best if I ended up getting killed around C4 or so-ish, and then the game went long and the elims only killed me in the second-to-last cycle or so :D. By that time I'd also gotten busy enough that I didn't have time to ready my own death write-up, but the Gm ( I think it was Elbereth?), had picked up on where I'd intended to go and finished it beautifully anyway.

Okay, that's pretty excellent. Glad it ended well! :D 

• 6 months later...

It's well past time for this game to be closed up. Many thanks to Kas for such a fantastic game - despite having to restart Cycle 1, this game went very well (especially in comparison to MR7 :P). I had incredible fun with Ellira, my character, largely due to Kas' wonderful writeups (which honestly I highly encourage you all to go back and read purely on the basis of the storytelling they contain). Plus, the ruleset was really interesting to play with, and I'd like to see another Avalon take - maybe one in which I don't completely screw up being the Reform Spy handler? :P Regardless - well done to Discovery for winning, to the village for successfully concealing the Reform Spy, and I hope to see you all in the next game! 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Fifth Scholar, Devotary of Spontaneity, or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, Araris Valerian, Stink, Elandera, or Sart) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: 

Edited by Elbereth