346 posts in this topic

@little wilson We can’t both be the Spy, and my ID clearly says I’m the real Spy. 

4611F056-BB8B-430A-B7C8-5176AF64AB34.jpeg

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

Well. It depends on how clever soulforged!Joon is, then. :P How much does he know about Ellira? She’s got a sharp hairpin and sneaks out each night briefly, but is that enough for him to realize she’s an assassin and not just a flirty distractible girl? 

Good question. The more a Forgery deviates from the original, the less likely it is to stick...

Tssk, no real Scots... I mean, spy has their ID say so. It should look more like this:Untitled.png.e0f9b480b38761a6f7f62e3836429129.png

oB1vPDI-MUQ7NJ4LX1TXj_7c3JFLqemxsWJlTgLscvgNQyHEtibr5NWXD8B7_z_eCh1fRhDBbI8jv9xKuYa-aS3bxAiriT6nYU3gS5SxzmfNvL6aA0d2ytjvyHq2ZDbljFIBteoA

I present to you a short comic showing how things really went down, despite these many claims going on.

Sorry, I must’ve sent the wrong picture last time. Here’s my real ID. 

1636AC96-4364-473E-B8D5-F4E20E35EE08.jpeg

Right. I apologize. Thank you for correcting me. This is my real ID.

sketch-1571856106313.png

Guys I think you're really running with this spy ID joke thing here

6 hours ago, little wilson said:

Oh, also well done. And sorry, Alv. I mean, I'm not really sorry because I was right and you guys killed me anyway (really, a cycle 2 death in my first game back? What's up with that?!), but maybe I'm a little sorry about giving Asterion a panic attack. Maybe. :P

I'm not sorry at all I died when I did.  Whenever I RP a character I try to get into their head so I can feel what they feel.  Asterion was not in a good place.  There were several times where I had to stop typing his RP and go outside for a breath of fresh air because I got too deep into his mind.  I was happy to be lynched.

It was my idea to kill you.  You were a threat and threats need to be removed.  I don't care about keeping talkative or 'experienced' players alive so I can hide among them.  I would rather keep new players alive so they get experience or the not as much talkative / analyzing players so they can flourish without others overshadowing them.

3 hours ago, STINK said:

oB1vPDI-MUQ7NJ4LX1TXj_7c3JFLqemxsWJlTgLscvgNQyHEtibr5NWXD8B7_z_eCh1fRhDBbI8jv9xKuYa-aS3bxAiriT6nYU3gS5SxzmfNvL6aA0d2ytjvyHq2ZDbljFIBteoA

I present to you a short comic showing how things really went down, despite these many claims going on.

Clearly that isn't me eating those pancakes.  After all, everyone knows Waffles are superior.

Guys, guys.  It's very clear who the spy is.  It's me!  Think about it.  I knew the ids of all the Discovery members before they knew mine and I even had Rae pegged as the EO the same cycle she turned.

But really, Stink, Wilson or Itiah is our best bet.  Wilson seems too obvious but maybe that's what she wants.  Striker and Venture are possibilities but I discounted them.  Striker because while I can see it, there's just not enough to go on one way or another.  Venture I doubt because he could've easily voted for me on D1 when everyone thought I was tied in the lynch with Striker.
If I was a betting person, and I am, I would say Itiah is the spy.

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

Clearly that isn't me eating those pancakes.  After all, everyone knows Waffles are superior.

The pancakes are the superior giving me the mission, and it started out as a stack of documents but became pancakes once I started putting mouse to paint.

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

But really, Stink, Wilson or Itiah is our best bet.

Also it's kinda annoying that you say this then go in further on wilson and itiah but not me. 

Feeling kinda scorned tbh

Just now, STINK said:

Also it's kinda annoying that you say this then go in further on wilson and itiah but not me. 

Feeling kinda scorned tbh

If it makes you feel better, the Gods of Luck and Chance are saying you are the Spy.  I'm just ignoring them for now and going with my gut.

4 minutes ago, Alvron said:

It was my idea to kill you.  You were a threat and threats need to be removed.  I don't care about keeping talkative or 'experienced' players alive so I can hide among them.  I would rather keep new players alive so they get experience or the not as much talkative / analyzing players so they can flourish without others overshadowing them.

My issue with it actually has nothing to do with keeping talkative or experienced players alive or that I'm shocked I was killed so you guys had less to hide behind. At one point in time, specifically when I was active, we kind of let players who'd been regular and gone inactive for a while (say...oh, I don't know, a year and a half?) survive until around mid-game at least for their first game back, treating them mildly like new players. This was my first QF and I didn't even have time to adjust to the new format let alone start enjoying my first game back in a year and a half before I was killed, and let me tell you: I have basically no desire to ever play another SE game again knowing that you all were so intent on my death so early in my first game back. If you guys don't want me to play, why should I want to rejoin SE as a player?

I don't think Itiah is the spy. Mostly because of wrong things in their post here:

Hello! While I do agree that the chances of me being an elim are the same as they were before, I can understand Striker’s point of view, and I feel like Elb’s immediate vote on them comes off as a little suspicious. However, it could just be another attempt at starting a lynch discussion (which has worked, so good job, I guess :)), which they were doing before as well.

Bard’s vote on Stink... I can believe that it was just observing slight differences in their language, and not something else. Or maybe I’m just overly trusting and suck at analysis :P Elandera seems to have a similar gut feeling on Elb as I do, or maybe she’s trying to distance herself by stating slight suspicion and then saying it’s most likely NAI.

Rae and Elb could also be an elim team (Or is this just me being paranoid, I wonder)? She disagrees about the vote on Striker, and then goes back to vote on him. However, this is due to what she sees as overreacting on Striker’s part, which I have to admit I agree with. Striker’s statement in response also makes sense (But is anything really overthinking in SE? :ph34r:), and his comments about being fine to be lynched are something I perceive to be the mark of someone who doesn’t have anything to hide. However, I am aware of elims pulling tactics like this, but I don’t think Striker is doing this so early on.

Remember, this is the person who voted to lynch himself when he was the spy so the village wouldn’t lose. I don’t think he would be open to be lynched on the first cycle if he had an elim team he had a responsibility to. So, my vote goes to Elbereth for the quick vote on Striker for saying something I can see as an understandable thing to say, and because Elandera also has gut feeling on them (and you know what they, two gut feelings are better than one :P).

And even if I’m wrong, hopefully this post will be more informative in the future as the game goes on and alignments are revealed.

At this time, I was undeclared as the EO. Also, El was village. The spy would also know that Elandera is an elim, and it just seems off for the spy to use an elim's gut read to vote on a villager? Could be misdirection, but it implies trust in Elandera that a spy wouldn't have.

Stink is still a maybe? He's 2/3 for votes on elims, which is pretty good. I also kind of felt like Stink was lying low this game more than usual -- maybe he was making a conscious effort to survive? Warning: I haven't played with Stink in a long time so take that with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

My issue with it actually has nothing to do with keeping talkative or experienced players alive or that I'm shocked I was killed so you guys had less to hide behind. At one point in time, specifically when I was active, we kind of let players who'd been regular and gone inactive for a while (say...oh, I don't know, a year and a half?) survive until around mid-game at least for their first game back, treating them mildly like new players. This was my first QF and I didn't even have time to adjust to the new format let alone start enjoying my first game back in a year and a half before I was killed, and let me tell you: I have basically no desire to ever play another SE game again knowing that you all were so intent on my death so early in my first game back. If you guys don't want me to play, why should I want to rejoin SE as a player?

To be fair wilson, if you call this cycle 6, then you've participated in 3 cycles, which is half the game. Quick games are very quick! If this were a midrange or long game, I'd have wanted you to survive a lot longer than 2 cycles for sure. And even though you were only alive two cycles, you did an amazing job of reading whos evil and whos not and was really refreshing to see you in thread again. I really do hope to see you ingame again <3  

Okay so here are my thoughts:
1. Wilson: right out of the gate she was suspicious of not only one, but two of us eliminators. That being said, i consider her a legendary tier player- it would not be out of character for her to simply be that right so quickly. Additionally if she was the spy i think shed have put attention on a villager as well and not have come out and talked about only elims that quickly. Although perhaps her goal was to remove alv then be stealthy after but i don't think that is the case.  So i think she was just being a very good player, and not the spy.
2- stink was the only villager to ever vote for me. While elandera and alvs names were getting thrown around mine never was mentioned until stink. Who then died.
3- following on to that i feel like the spy may have died fairly early on- again basing this off of the fact that no one was coming after me. There was definitely no spy in the last 6 players. Elanderas name got thrown around a lot, and this may have been the result of the spy handler so id say the spy would be someone who at least mentioned elandera, and that may being agreeing with someone elses view on them -not necessarily initiating the discussion them

If its not stink then its definitely an early death person

Stink.

This will probably be my vote for the cycle.

I'm willing to vote on Stink, as it seems a pretty viable option. That might change once I get the chance to review the past turns.

5 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Arraenae @Elandera @Alvron @Burnt Spaghetti What are you guys doing? Why are you voting on someone who is so obviously not the Spy? Did you not see my clearly real ID????

Oh my appologies! Striker

------

On a serious note, I will be going with Stink because i don't have any better ideas

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti
actually voting

I'm logging a vote from @Alvron in the Eliminator Dead Doc, due to his Internet failing him. 

Alvron voted for Itiah.

Well I'm glad to see there was a stalwart defence while I was asleep :P

1 minute ago, STINK said:

Well I'm glad to see there was a stalwart defence while I was asleep :P

Clearly, they got it right, and we're all gobsmacked into submission... No need to change your votes now, Elims - keep it right where it is, please, for me. :P

The cycle is closed! Stay tuned to see who gets to brag! :P