Rath, I notice that that post includes exactly no indication of who you actually suspect and who you don’t. It includes possibilities, but if you think one of Rae and Burnt are evil, who do you think it is? Is the comment you put about Elandera something you think is actually suspicious? I would think so based on your vote, but nowhere in there do you say it seems like an evil thing to do - only different. Do you actually think I’m evil or not?

Basically, that post is nice, but please actually express opinions? :P 

3 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Rath, I notice that that post includes exactly no indication of who you actually suspect and who you don’t. It includes possibilities, but if you think one of Rae and Burnt are evil, who do you think it is? Is the comment you put about Elandera something you think is actually suspicious? I would think so based on your vote, but nowhere in there do you say it seems like an evil thing to do - only different. Do you actually think I’m evil or not?

Basically, that post is nice, but please actually express opinions? :P 

I have a vote down.  I'd say that's an opinion?

That’s one, yes. But you addressed every other player in that last post and yet didn’t seem to give your opinion on any of them. There are almost certainly at least two elims left if not three. If Elandera is one, who do you think the other is? Is there anyone you think is more than likely village? You said you felt like you were getting more of a read on things - so give me your reads! 

31 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

That’s one, yes. But you addressed every other player in that last post and yet didn’t seem to give your opinion on any of them. There are almost certainly at least two elims left if not three. If Elandera is one, who do you think the other is? Is there anyone you think is more than likely village? You said you felt like you were getting more of a read on things - so give me your reads! 

At this point (and yes, I realize it's slightly contrary to my earlier post that posited a possible Elandera/Elbereth team) I'd guess the most likely elim combinations are Elandera/Burnt or Elbereth/Rae.  Don't get a bad read from Bard at all.  However, I'd like to see other people address my notes.  I was clearly fairly inactive for a decent part of this game, so much of what I'm seeing are based on how other people have driven conversation, which I don't tend to read as well as conversation I've been involved in.

Also:

2 hours ago, Elbereth said:

I don’t know what I think now. :P

Well, that’s not quite true. I still have village reads on Burnt and Bard in particular. And my gut keeps saying that Elandera is good - I could be catastrophically wrong there and have cost us the game last cycle, but I still don’t think she’s evil. >>

I think my suspicions in order right now are Rath, Rae, Elandera, Bard, Burnt. I’m zero percent confident in that order, though. :P 

I will vote on Rath, though, especially for that last post. If I’m right that Elandera is good, that’s a vote which will cause a cycle of little discussion (since we’ve already tried it once), plus starts casting suspicion on me, which I don’t like given I know I’m village. 

The one bit I’m hesitant about here is that this lynch is the one which gives us the least information (except that Elandera is probably good). But I don’t want to lynch anyone I’m less suspicious of, not when this lynch will probably end the game if we’re wrong. 

Information doesn't really matter at this point unless we hit an elim.

4 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

At this point (and yes, I realize it's slightly contrary to my earlier post that posited a possible Elandera/Elbereth team) I'd guess the most likely elim combinations are Elandera/Burnt or Elbereth/Rae.  Don't get a bad read from Bard at all.  However, I'd like to see other people address my notes.  I was clearly fairly inactive for a decent part of this game, so much of what I'm seeing are based on how other people have driven conversation, which I don't tend to read as well as conversation I've been involved in.

Also:

Information doesn't really matter at this point unless we hit an elim.

Okay, why’s that? (Also, have I addressed your notes sufficiently? I certainly do not want to have been involved in two mislynches. :P)

Good point! Had not considered that, and means my vote is now even more firmly on you. :P 

Edited by Elbereth

16 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Okay, why’s that? (Also, have I addressed your notes sufficiently? I certainly do not want to have been involved in two mislynches. :P)

You don't have to restrict your comments to the notes I tagged you on.

Your tunnel on me is starting to make less sense as I continue to re-read things as well:

So. If I had to guess, I’d say elim team of Devotary/Rath and Stink as the EO. But that’s based on a number of assumptions, so is unlikely to be spot on.

Well, my vote is going on Devotary for now. Anyone care to join me? Even if you don’t, please respond! To my thoughts on you or anyone else.

What assumptions were you operating under?  Devotary was lynched and obviously flipped village, so at least one of those assumptions was incorrect.

Edit: I'm out for a bit, so don't expect a response for a few hours.

Edited by Rathmaskal

My suspicion of you and of Devotary weren’t reliant on each other - and the assumptions I was working under were primarily process of elimination. I think that my best guess was obviously wrong last cycle, but that doesn’t change that you’re now my new best guess - it’s possible that some of my assumptions (which were outlined in the very post you quoted, so I’m not sure how you missed them) are still wrong, but I don’t have anything better to go off of. 

And note that because those assumptions were process of elimination, Devotary’s alignment doesn’t necessarily prove them wrong - the assumptions left me with a pool of suspects which included her (and you), but it’s entirely possible (and probable, in my estimation) that I just picked the wrong person from that pool. 

Also, you didn’t answer my question - why those two elim team possibilities? 

“I’m not...” she started. “I didn’t know Hannul that long. I liked him, yes, but... I do like you, I promise. I’m just a little... confused, that’s all. Not to mention everything else going on now. I can use any friendly face I can find, really. So... how about if we survive, we’ll see how things go?”

She smiled weakly at him and offered a hand, trying to look hopeful. 

That was all? Joon was surprisingly disappointed at the coldness in Ellira's answer. She didn't even seem to pretend to be mourning Hannul, as would be polite, which was slightly offputting. Still, she was an extremely pretty girl. Joon gazed at her soft green eyes, so innocent and guileless. For a moment, head and heart fought -- but only for a moment, and head quickly won out. (Just not the right head.)

He took Ellira's hand and kissed it. "Glad to hear it, milady. Do you want to go to the kitchens? I hear that there could be supplies there that we can scrounge."

Left unsaid was that they would be alone in there. Very, very alone.

Up to @Elbereth and others to see how successful Joon is in this.

Also, very slight innuendo hidden in white-text. Hightlight at your own risk.

4 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

@Elandera - you tunneled as hard on Venture for the first three cycles (until he was finally lynched) harder than any tunnel I've seen aside from me in my first game.  Not sure what my question is...just seems notable.  I don't think I've seen you tunnel that hard on one player like that before.  It's not as if the lynch was ever really building.  Between cycles one and two, the only other vote on Venture was from Alvron, and that came after your vote when it was clear Alv was likely going to be a candidate for the lynch.

Tunneling is pretty rare for me. The last time I did was on Striker a few games back, though I can't remember which one. This game was more of an incidental tunnel. My first vote was an attempt to get a better explanation for a vote. The second cycle vote was because he never answered me in C1, and I never felt a compelling reason to change it. Neither had really been intended to get him lynched then and there.

The third cycle was because I felt there was an actual reason he was an elim. Turns out I was wrong, but that's how it seems to be going for me this game. His interactions with Alv had been just suspect enough that a vote for a lynch seemed warranted.

Remaining players are:

1. Elandera (Marzia)
  2. Burnt Spaghetti (Somi) - Neutral to elim read. She's had a bit more content than I remember seeing in past games with her, though I suspect that's due to lack of PMs. Her posts don't seem to express a whole lot more than vague suspicions. She also seems to be flying under the radar quite a bit. 
  3. Young Bard (Kavela) - Neutral read. They seem to have good contributions, and I can't blame them for the vote on Venture C3, but some of his posts regarding Alv have felt a bit off. Overall, I'm agreed with his read on me - I can't really get one. :P
  4. Rathmaskal (Yesterday ""Yes"" Jones) - Neutral to elim read. The low activity earlier on makes it a bit more difficult to get a solid read, but they seem to be putting in a good effort. That's not really AI for him, though. The boldness of trying to get me lynched is not something I'd really expect, but the elims might be pretty close to a win, depending on what the EO chose/chooses. He could be willing to stick his neck out a bit more in that case.
  5. Elbereth (Ellira) - Village read. She seems very genuine in all of her posts, especially recently. Of all the players, I'd be most comfortable saying she's village. (To answer your question @Burnt Spaghetti, El is the one I'd trust most).
  6. Arraenae (Joon) - Neutral to village read. Another one who seems genuine, though she's one I have trouble reading in general, which is why I'd keep her in the neutral-ish category. 

I'm not feeling great, so the more I wrote, the less effort I was willing to put into things. :P Please forgive me.

Okay... So current votes are one vote on elandera by rath, and two votes on rath by el and rae... 

Kay let me preface this with im tired again as per usual >> I've been out all day doing things like meeting Daniyah and Am going out again this evening to be social again with  other people.

Elandera: Rath, 
Rath: Elbereth, Rae

Non voters: Myself, Bard, Elandera
I'll echo rath here, even tho its late. Everyone voting is somewhat necessary right now.

Im really quite exhausted atm so bear with me as i ramble potentially nonsensically

El has sorta been the only one defendign elandera at all in a way, could be allied. Rae been main person against elandera- probably not teammates.

Peoples votes across the whole game
El: rath devotary wilson venture striker
Rath: elanderax2
Elandera: devotary venturex3
Bard: devotaryx2 venture
Rae: rath elandera striker

Does this mean stuff. Elanderas focused on one person a lot, els been bouncing around to a new person each cycle, rath only looking at one person, rae bouncing around, bard focusedish on one person till they dead and plus another. uhh hm. current living people have voted for elandera more than anyone else. Rath coming in second there. if we were lynching for info id say elandera. too late. much too late. too few people. far too few. danger. danger will robinson. we in the danger zone. Mayday. Roll over, roll over, so they all rolled over and one fell out. one less people in the tea house. 6 people left in the teahouse and someone said "you're evil! you're evil!" so they all voted and one guy died. 5 people left in the teahouse. unless protection. also night kill. IM TIRED. can you tell? 
what was i saying
*hums* uhhh

and everyone died and the little one said "oh no now i miss my friends" and they were under a table and they said "come over, come over" so the little one joined them and they all cheered up "good night, goodnight!" i want sleep

wait wheres the colour for text... am i blind? Oh. no just with a small window it poofed. okay

Elandera

Why am I out of chocolate.

Also you havent voted. badness. youve been talky this cycle, ya hsoulda vote. you listed me and rath as neutral to elim so why havent you voted on one of us?

the bardy bardy should vote

Oh right i was trying to analyze who i thinks teams

Elandera+Elbereth cause of el defending the elandera, vs Rae. at this point surely one of the three has gotta be evil or something. like. idk. theres 6 of us. so theres at most 3 elims i think cause win cons so chances of all those 3 being good is low so thats why im voting elandera cause El ive read as good, though could be influenced by her apparently trusting me ( <3 ) and id rateher vote on a candidate already voted on thatn a new one cause new one isnt useful at this point right? Even though ive ben npretty on the fence with elandera I DUNNO uhhhhh yeah ill stick with that cause ive been also reading rath pretty village this cycle tbh. they seem the most concerned about the game hitting lylo right now which seems genuineto me so thats why im not voting htem and goin with elandaera did you know im tired and canst spell and why do i have nursery rhymes rolling over around in my head im tired and have been out and been social all day hello good bye, i sleep.i need slep.

Assassination Cycle

So Far

It was a night of endings.

Kwai slept fitfully, a hand pressed to the wad of bandages stuffed over his thigh. The crossbow bolt that had pierced his thigh lay on the floorboards of the storeroom, bloodied. 

Herat shivered, a thin sheen of sweat on her skin. She had not stirred in the last few days, as the conspirators fought, and argued, and died, but she still stubbornly clung to life, despite running a fever. If Shuos KanSeun hadn’t known better, he might have said that she was waiting for something.

Ellira slipped out, a ghost in the night. Waiting for orders, wondering if the same orders would return again by spanreed. Watch and observe.

Yesterday should have acted yesterday, she found herself thinking idly, as she crouched over Marzia and raised the twisted knife in her hands. She’d never killed before. She was surprised Somi had such a knife on her: more or less a twisted hunk of metal, wrapped in cloth, with a point. 

Too late for regrets.

She brought the knife down.

Marzia opened her eyes and smiled as the blade bent like a cheap reed. “Pity,” she murmured. “You should know better than to try to take the best armourer in the Rose Empire with a shiv like that.”

Marzia lashed out with an elbow, forcing Yesterday backwards. “I’ve slept in armour ever since the Succession Riots,” she commented, idly. “It’s how I survived. You can barely see the thin ceramic plates beneath the jacket.”

Elsewhere, Kavela was staring out at the moon.

She shouldn’t have come here, Kavela thought. Too late for that now. With the conspiracy collapsing like wet paper, she would be lucky if any of her usual buyers were interested in the information she had to sell. No, perhaps the best choice would be to cut and run.

“Copper for your thoughts?” she asked, sensing Joon come up behind her.

“Sure,” Joon said.

A thin wire bit into her throat, drawing tighter and tighter, and Kavela realised in horror that she shouldn’t have trusted him. Shouldn’t have let him behind her guard. She drummed her heels against the floorboards, struggling to break free, but Joon had a tight grasp on the stranger’s wire and did not let go.

Eventually, dark smears crossed Kavela’s vision, and she tasted the sharp coppery tang of blood in her mouth, and then her struggles grew weaker and weaker, and ceased entirely.

Joon leaned into the hold, and smiled.

ㄢㄋㄌ

It was a night of endings. 

Even as Kavela died, she wished...she wished they’d had a second chance. She wished it hadn’t ended this way. 

For a moment, Joon’s grip seemed to slacken.

The walls of the teahouse blurred, and then came into sharp focus. Wai ZhierSen sat at one of the tables, and Asterion at another. Faitren was well again, and sipping at a pot of tea, while Lawrence Scholdei smiled, mostly to himself, his mask concealing most of his features.

Shuo KanSeun was talking to Ellira, and smiling pleasantly, and Joon was trying his luck with Ellira, all over again, handing her a hairpin.

Kavela’s nails dug into her palms as she sucked in a deep breath.

Air.

It felt so good to breathe. Tears stung at her eyes. She scrubbed at them. Wouldn’t do to be seen to be crying now. The Frozen Moon seemed like an unexpected vision, the momentary calm before the storm of suspicion, suffering, and privation that had descended upon them over the last few days.

Could it be…?

Was this her second chance?

ㄢㄋㄌ

Young Bard (Kavela) was killed! She was from the Glory Faction and aligned with the Conspirators!

Elandera (Marzia) was lynched, but survived! 

Vote Tally

Spoiler

Elandera(3): Rathmaskal, Burnt Spaghetti, Elbereth
Rathmaskal(1): Arraenae

The game has ended, and Discovery reigns victorious! Congratulations to Alvron, Arraenae, Burnt Spaghetti, and Elandera. 

Due to popular preference for an Assassination Cycle, a 24-hour Assassination Cycle has begun! This Assassination Cycle will not be played for the win, but for bragging rights and kudos. Can Discovery find the Reform Spy? Or will the Conspirators stave them off?

Please be reminded that everyone playing this game may now post in the thread, but only Discovery members may vote to lynch the Reform Spy. Treat voting as though it were an ordinary lynch. The votes in red will be counted. 

Thank you, and have fun!

The Assassination Cycle, and the game, will end on 9PM tomorrow, the 24th of October, GMT+8.

Player List

1. I think I am here (Itiah) Conspirator
2. DeTess (DeTess) Conspirator
3. xinoehp512 (Ecnelis) Conspirator
4. StrikerEZ (Roashina) Conspirator
5. Elandera (Marzia) Discovery Survivor
6. Burnt Spaghetti (Somi) Discovery
7. Young Bard (Kavela) Conspirator
8. Rathmaskal (Yesterday ""Yes"" Jones) Conspirator
9. Alvron (Asterion) Discovery
10. Elbereth (Ellira) Conspirator
11. STINK (STINK) Conspirator
12. Butt Ad Venture (Lawrence Scholdei) Conspirator
13. Devotary of Spontaneity (Faitren) Conspirator
14. Arraenae (Joon) Discovery
15. Little Wilson (Wai ZhierSen) Conspirator

Edited by Kasimir

Well done to the Discovery faction! It's a shame I wasn't able to get on, but if I had, I likely would have ended up voting for Rath anyway. Or... maybe I was the Spy all along, who knows? :P Maybe me being wildly off-base the whole game was part of me playing 5-dimensional chess with you all so you wouldn't figure me out. :ph34r: Good luck, anyway.

Okay, elims, good job. I was hoping to be able to last longer before I died to help the villagers find you, but that didn’t go too well. Now we can play some mind games. Are you gonna call my bluff of me being the spy? For all you know, I could be lying. Or I could be telling the truth, and you waste your assassination on someone who’s not the spy. What are you gonna do?

30 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

:)

Elbereh was my favourite villager. Definitely the spy ;P 

Well done. :P I enjoyed being back, but was very off, wow. 

Elandera having an extra life. >> No wonder no one defended her. 

And hey, Ellira survived! :D That makes me very happy. (I expect a stunning reveal RP, Rae. :P

Well, dang...  Guess I grabbed a decent read on the game.  I got in too much of a back and forth with El unfortunately.  Kind of got the correct lynch off at least.  Sorry for the mid-game inactivity folks - was out of town most of both Saturday and Sunday and too exhausted to do much when I got home both of those days.

Thanks Kasimir and Haelbarde for the game and congrats to the elims.

Two days ago, in a timeline that may or may not exist.

Joon stepped into the bathroom, and locked the door behind him. He changed into the clean pair of pants, tossing his old pair into a corner. Joon found a body length mirror behind the door and looked himself over in it. These new pants were unfortunately cut in a wide MaiPon style that was a decade out of fashion, and was so loose that it flared slightly when he spun. Joon frowned. How was he to impress anyone with his physique when no one could see it?

At least he could enhance his other aspects. Joon brought out a comb and some hair gel. He gently brushed the front of his hair upwards, curling it in the way that he knew all the girls on the street liked it. It ought to work on Ellira too.

Finally, Joon brought out his cosmetics kit. His trump card.

Inside, a Soul Stamp waited.

He threw a furtive glance over his shoulder, but of course, the door was locked. Then, and only then, did he take it out.

He went through the motions with a practiced air, inking it and putting it on the bottom of his foot. It sank in just a quarter inch more than it should, like always.

The memories came in a rush. Five years ago, instead of letting his father discourage his first forays into politics, he had doubled down. From there, he had found the Discovery faction. In this life, he had learned disguise along with fashion, covert action along with socializing, blackmail along with flirting.

He was now Banyung. Joon Banyung.

And he still had a girl to seduce.

Edited by Arraenae

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Okay, elims, good job. I was hoping to be able to last longer before I died to help the villagers find you, but that didn’t go too well. Now we can play some mind games. Are you gonna call my bluff of me being the spy? For all you know, I could be lying. Or I could be telling the truth, and you waste your assassination on someone who’s not the spy. What are you gonna do?

I mean, it's a fairly good effort Striker, but I think the game is already up:(. It should be clear to the elims that the spy was someone that died C1, given the lack of spy-like activity in the rest of the game, so that means it's either you or me. Given the kill targeting me, I reckon the elims already know that it was indeed I that was the spy, and not Striker. I am wondering what gave me away though. I thought I was being really sneaky by ignoring the Alv lynch and going for supporting a mislynch first (again, sorry about that Striker).

Either way, well played to the elims!

Well, huh. I got Alv and called out Elandera. Rae and Burnt are surprising but Burnt was the creator so I'm positive I would've gone after her at some point too. Clearly this makes me the Spy. Not these other imposters raining on my parade.

Oh, also well done. And sorry, Alv. I mean, I'm not really sorry because I was right and you guys killed me anyway (really, a cycle 2 death in my first game back? What's up with that?!), but maybe I'm a little sorry about giving Asterion a panic attack. Maybe. :P