Does Wit have children ? Is he like the Genghis Khan of the Cosmere genetically speaking ?

Friendshipspren

Question

So well he's 10k years old , a very voracious Traveller and I don't think we have seen anything indicating he's sterile or asexual. 

But I guess he could like suppress his sperm production as an affectation of his healing factor's partial suppression.

So any thoughts , theories or WoBs ?

I have heard one interesting if improbable ?? theory of him being the progenitor of the feruchemists.

6 answers to this question

I found a WOB that say he had romantic interests, so there is definitely the possibility :

Question

Also a weird question, has Hoid ever had a romantic interest?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid has had romantic interest in the past.

Paris signing (Oct. 22, 2016)

However Hoid is definitely not a "standard" human anymore :

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid human?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Hoid was human a long time ago. Now... it's complicated. We would call him human, and so will pretty much everyone else, but he is not exactly that.

Words of Radiance Chicago signing (March 22, 2014)

He might be considered his own species. And I don't know how much biology is applicable here but it's possible that he's changed enough that he's not compatible with humans. Which would make him sterile for the purpose of your question.

1 hour ago, Myuken said:

I found a WOB that say he had romantic interests, so there is definitely the possibility :

Question

Also a weird question, has Hoid ever had a romantic interest?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid has had romantic interest in the past.

Paris signing (Oct. 22, 2016)

However Hoid is definitely not a "standard" human anymore :

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid human?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Hoid was human a long time ago. Now... it's complicated. We would call him human, and so will pretty much everyone else, but he is not exactly that.

Words of Radiance Chicago signing (March 22, 2014)

He might be considered his own species. And I don't know how much biology is applicable here but it's possible that he's changed enough that he's not compatible with humans. Which would make him sterile for the purpose of your question.

1 hour ago, ChickenLiberty said:

Questioner

You said that Hoid has had love interests. Does he have any children?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO.

Skyward Denver signing (Nov. 15, 2018)

Ah noice. He's not human anymore eh ? But what about like 1k or 2k years post shattering ? Would he have been human enough then ? Are there any races on any world descendant from him ? A likely candidate would be Taldain since he was there and it's the earliest story. But he might presumably have progeny on other worlds as well . Perhaps Scadrial or Roshar , Maybe Ashyn 

2 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Ah noice. He's not human anymore eh ? But what about like 1k or 2k years post shattering ? Would he have been human enough then ? Are there any races on any world descendant from him ? A likely candidate would be Taldain since he was there and it's the earliest story. But he might presumably have progeny on other worlds as well . Perhaps Scadrial or Roshar , Maybe Ashyn 

I mean, Singers can breed with humans, so you don't really have to be human for children in the Cosmere

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I mean, Singers can breed with humans, so you don't really have to be human for children in the Cosmere

That's the thing, though, isn't it. Was it actually breeding in the normal sense, or was there some alterations from a certain Shard in there to make it possible? That would make the main difference. I can't find a WOB about it, but it's possible I'm missing it.