AonEne

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I want to give my Zinc twins a drug addiction. What is on the table, and what isn't? @Voidus @Sorana

So, to expand more on what Woodrack said, which isn't 100% true:

we don't want to go into the bad drugs. Smoking is fine, alcohol is fine, but something like cocaine or one of the really extreme ones is gonna be a no, likely. Even worse is drug dealing. That has a lot of problems with it.

Weed might be fine.

Just none of the really dangerous stuff.

Character sheet for Kaspar and Balthazar. I'm not sure if they come in as OP - I'd be totally fine removing their extra spike each if that's required. I just really wanted to do a dark twist on the Three Wise Men ;) 

Spoiler

Names: Doctors Kaspar and Balthazar (Kaz and Baz) Renard

Physical Characteristics: Identical twins. Age 32. Tall ~6’1”. Slender, lean and scholarly build. Brown hair, green eyes, light olive skin (think French). Long and clever fingers, angular features, very white teeth. Too white. Look a bit too sharp - they are too sharp.

Investiture: Zinc Compounders. Kaspar has another F-Zinc spike. Balthazar has another A-Zinc spike.

Skills: Naturally intelligent. With F-Zinc, this of course varies, though rarely lowers as they can compound. In-depth medical knowledge, Hemalurgic expertise. Very adept at using Zinc Allomancy as well.

Equipment: Various Zinc rings, bracers, earrings; metal vials full of Zinc flakes. Kaz carries a bonesaw called Enlightenment. Baz wields a scalpel called Brevity. Neither has any magical properties but they are very sharp, and shiny, and the two know how to use them.

Weakness: Kaspar is blind in one eye. Balthazar is missing his pinky and ring fingers on his right hand. Both brothers suffer from paranoid delusions. They will occasionally hallucinate their third brother stalking them.

Family: Parents probably alive on Scadrial, one very dead brother (see backstory)

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Kaspar and Balthazar were born as two of three identical triplets on Scadrial circa Era 2. Their third brother, Malchior, was technically the oldest and never as close as the other two were to one another. Still, the three of them were brilliant and charismatic, using their compounding skills to rise high in the field of scholarly research, science, and medicine. But Kaz and Baz were never satisfied with their accomplishments - they wanted more. They wanted the secrets of the old world, the powers that made Inquisitors, the power that allowed the Lord Ruler to reign for a thousand years. Finally, the three brothers discovered the Alleyverse after being recruited by a Denizen. Kaz and Baz were thrilled, but Malchior had his misgivings. Eventually, after learning the secrets of the Alleys and the true depths of what Hemalurgy could do, Malchior wanted out. Kaz and Baz provided him a way out: they spiked one power each out of their triplet, killing him, and each took one of his powers for themselves. It isn’t entirely clear whether or not Malchior is haunting his brothers, or if the spiking has simply cracked the twins’ already somewhat unstable psyches.

Guild: Dark Alley

Personality: Kaz and Baz are both charismatic and charming, though Kaz is a bit more brilliant and Baz is a bit more charming due to their respective spikes. They are ruthless, efficient, and egotistical, caring little for anyone but one another - though their bond with one another is almost akin to being one person. They spend all their time together, and would do anything for each other. However, they have never disagreed about anything important. That bond has yet to be truly tested...

Here are the rated characters/ questions regarding them. My comments as usual in green.

================

@Ark1002

Spoiler

Name: Titus Elm Nightshade-Ebony

Investiture: Iron misting (45), brass ferring (30), Amberite Aether (45), 6 hemalurgic spikes (hearing, smell x2, strength x2) (120) making him an abomination (see Other:)

Skills: Skilled hand to hand (30), amatuer melee weapons (20)

Other: Claws on hands and feet. How well is he able to use his hands? Two small ridges on the spine.

Weaknesses: Egotistical, instinctual, can be controlled by a strong rioter or soother. Afraid of heat, Koloss, and cremlings. A crinkle of his nose when he lies. A blind spot when it comes to women, as he feels it is his duty to protect them. Taps his fingers aggressively when he is angry, or before he attacks. Missing two fingers on his left hand. Has a strong allergic reaction to honey. -40 (Misc), -75 (spikes)

Total:

240 (M) + 50 (S) - 115 (W) = 185

Character approved.

=================

@ZincAboutIt

Spoiler
Investiture: Zinc Compounders. (100) Kaspar has another F-Zinc spike (25). Balthazar has another A-Zinc spike (30). (lowered points for the spikes for hemalurgic decay)

Skills: Naturally intelligent. (30) With F-Zinc, this of course varies, though rarely lowers as they can compound. In-depth medical knowledge (40), Hemalurgic expertise. (Scholarship - skilled 30) Very adept at using Zinc Allomancy as well. (10)

Equipment: Various Zinc rings, bracers, earrings; metal vials full of Zinc flakes. Kaz carries a bonesaw called Enlightenment. Baz wields a scalpel called Brevity. Neither has any magical properties but they are very sharp, and shiny, and the two know how to use them. (Meelee weapon training - skilled 35 x 2 // only counts for the two weapons you wrote down, otherwise I have to highten that one)

Weakness: Kaspar is blind in one eye. (-15) Balthazar is missing his pinky and ring fingers on his right hand. (-5) Both brothers suffer from paranoid delusions. They will occasionally hallucinate their third brother stalking them. (-10)

So I hope, I understood your concept the right way ;) It's been a tad complicated with two persons in one sheet. I suppose you plan to rp them working together, so I will need to add their points up.

Before I can finish that: Are both of them compounders, or are they only compounders when working together?

=================

@Voidus could you please take a look at that one, it's an epic. Thanks a lot!

Spoiler

Name: Rustburn (Katherine)

Physical Appearance: She is a 6'3 tan athletic woman with long shocking red hair. Her eyes are hazel, and her face is narrow, with a light scar down the right side of the head.

Investiture: She is an epic with the ability to create, manipulate, and intensify fire. She can manipulate up to a square mile of fire, create up to one hundred square feet, and make it ten times stronger. She can not intensify, or expand, fire that she created. Her fire is an average heat for natural fire. In addition, she can instantaneously rust any metal within one hundred feet. Unless she can see the meta she targets a basic area and all the metal in that area rusts. She can have this rust take shapes that she wishes. Investiture does not stop this, only slow it down. A steel inquisitors spike would slow it to take about ten seconds. In addition, whenever something touches her that would harm her instantly turns to rust and breaks away, except for living flesh. Living flesh is slightly repelled so that it does not hit with momentum, and burns the flesh, turning the skin to rust. A specific trick she uses with her powers is to create a blade out of rust from the metal drifting in the air, and then ignite it.

Skills: She is an expert with her ability, and with swordplay, as well as hand to hand combat.

Weaknesses: Epic Weakness; Not having friends. As in, as far as she can tell, nobody cares about her. Other weaknesses; She has a very hard time trusting people, and utterly hates the taste of pineapple.

Personality: She is probably the nicest evil epic in history, as for her, being nice is selfish. She will be kind to people she cares about and torture those she doesn't to death. She will speak of the fleeting quality of life, and is constantly planning to turn the fledgling Alleyverse into her empire, a massive cult of personality dedicated to her.

Equipment: She wears a black leather jacket, and loosely fitting shirt, with leather pants. She has a short sword holstered under the jacket.

Backstory: To be revealed, through RP. If she doesn't kill you first.

================

29 minutes ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

When is the RP itself going to be made?

Please give those without a character (like myself) the time to create one. But I think we're good to start the next couple of days. Other characters can always hop in later, but I'd like to remind the others that showed interest first, that this will start soon. Additionally I hope Voidus will look over your character sheet, as he is best at judging epics, so we definitely need to allow some time for that to happen.

@AonEne @I think I am here. @kenod

===============

I would edit the character sheets into the OP, if that's alright for you Ene?

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

23 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

@Sorana They are both natural compounders on their own, and you can count each one separately if you want. I can even make a duplicate sheet for each, they just have almost an identical skill set and back story so I combined them. Just let me know what is needed ^_^ 

No, it works like that. I am only thinking a little about the whole "teaming up" point. If I understood your concept together, they will stay close to each and team up against others, did I get that part right?

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

No, it works like that. I am only thinking a little about the whole "teaming up" point. If I understood your concept together, they will stay close to each and team up against others, did I get that part right?

Yes that is correct, they work as a team.

Edit: new character sheet with slight changes. Altered the twins' spikes and some of their backstory/motivation. 

Spoiler

Names: Doctors Kaspar and Balthazar (Kaz and Baz) Renard

Physical Characteristics: Identical twins. Age 32. Tall ~6’1”. Slender, lean and scholarly build. Brown hair, green eyes, lightish olive skin. Long and clever fingers, angular features, very white teeth. Too white. Look a bit too sharp - they are too sharp.

Investiture: Hereditary Zinc Compounders. The twins each have one spike granting them F-Copper as well.

Skills: Naturally intelligent. With F-Zinc, this of course varies, though rarely lowers as they can compound. In-depth medical knowledge, Hemalurgic expertise. Very adept at using Zinc Allomancy as well.

Equipment: Various Zinc and Copper rings, bracers, earrings; metal vials full of Zinc flakes. Kaz carries a bonesaw called Enlightenment. Baz wields a scalpel called Brevity. Neither has any magical properties but they are very sharp, and shiny, and the two know how to use them.

Weakness: Kaspar is blind in one eye. Balthazar is missing his pinky and ring fingers on his right hand. Both brothers suffer from paranoid delusions. They will occasionally hallucinate their third brother stalking them.

Family: Parents probably alive on Scadrial, one very dead brother (see backstory)

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Kaspar and Balthazar were born as two of three identical triplets on Scadrial circa Era 2. Their third brother, Malchior, was technically the oldest and never as close as the other two were to one another. Still, the three of them were brilliant and charismatic, using their compounding skills to rise high in the field of scholarly research, science, and medicine. But Kaz and Baz were never satisfied with their accomplishments - they wanted more. They wanted the secrets of the old world, the powers that made Inquisitors, the power that allowed the Lord Ruler to reign for a thousand years. Finally, the three brothers discovered the Alleyverse after being recruited by a Denizen. Kaz and Baz were thrilled, but Malchior had his misgivings. Eventually, after learning the secrets of the Alleys and the true depths of what Hemalurgy could do, Malchior wanted out. Kaz and Baz provided him a way out: they spiked one power each out of their triplet, killing him. Kaz lost his eye and Baz lost two fingers in the fight. They saved the spikes in order to re-create their ideal, perfect triplet when they find him. He’s out there, they just know it. When the time is right, they’ll replace Malchior with the triplet they should have had. It isn’t entirely clear whether or not Malchior’s spirit is haunting his brothers, or if their spikes have simply cracked the twins’ already somewhat unstable psyches.

Guild: Dark Alley

Personality: Kaz and Baz are both charismatic, brilliant and charming. They are ruthless, efficient, and egotistical, caring little for anyone but one another - though their bond with one another is almost akin to being one person. They spend all their time together, and would do anything for each other. However, they have never disagreed about anything important. That bond has yet to be truly tested. They are continuously on the lookout for the ideal replacement for their triplet. Many have been tried, but no one has been deemed worthy. They are willing to go through as many people as it takes to find their perfect brother. If someone doesn’t work out, they can always be used for scientific research instead. Waste not, want not.

Edited by ZincAboutIt

Here are the characters I'll be using (can we use multiple characters?):

Nimari:

Spoiler

Name: Nimari

Appearance: Alethi, 5'7" tall, with long black hair and dark purple eyes. Has a large, intricate tattoo resembling a Cryptic's pattern covering most of her torso, centered around a number of small spikes. Wears a long-sleeved shirt, jeans and combat boots. Part of the shirt's back is missing to show off her spikes. Wears a leather finger-less glove on her left hand.

Investure: Originally a Lightweaver, A hemalurgic experiment has altered her abilities. Her spren has been fully fused with her, increasing her abilities, but making it impossible to manifest a Shardblade or Plate. At the same time her surges have been altered as well, having been combined into a single ability that allows her to create temporary physical objects. The objects she creates are rather fragile though, normally only surviving for a few attacks. Putting more effort into the visualizations helps too, which is why the weapons tend to look more unique.

There are certain limits in the complexity of what she can create as well. Objects relying on electrical systems, chemical systems, Investure or complex mechanical systems would fail for example, though there are exceptions in that she is capable of creating firearms, though they are normally single-shot only, and their projectiles aren't actual bullets, but instead look more like solid masses of Investure. She's also capable of giving basic programming to objects she creates, though limited to things like hovering in the air and then launching or firing at a specific target location, possibly with some preprogrammed movement included. This (and projectile weapons as well) add a fair bit to the stormlight cost though, since the Stormlight is necessary to provide the energy of the movement. Stormlight cost of normal manifestations is only a bit higher than that of an illusion though, and any dismissed objects can have their stormlight reabsorbed, though broken objects will only allow for a part of the stormlight to be absorbed.

Placing an illusion on an object is possible as well, but costs much more stormlight, and takes a lot more effort, but is much less fragile. This temporarily changes the object into the illusion until the stormlight runs out. Destruction of the changed object will result in the illusion vanishing and the original object being destroyed as well. It isn't possible to use this on living beings, except when the target willingly accepts it. Also, the more the illusion diverges from the original object the more stormlight it costs. For example, a temporary appearance change like skin-color or height would be cheap, but shapeshifting into an animal would require too much stormlight to be practical.

Skills: Melee, skilled (50), projectiles, skilled (60)

Weaknesses: She's rash, and doesn't back away from fights even if it's clear it's a bad idea. Is generally incapable of lying, and even when trying it's obvious to everyone that she's lying. The process of having her Spren fused with her has left her rather unhinged.

Personality: Rather unhinged, she doesn't have any issue with hurting other people, and her own philosophy is that the strong have the right to rule the weak, and because of this does her best to prove that she is one of the strong. While normally calm and easy going, her personality can suddenly flip into rage as well, and she tends to feel a need to hurt other people. She's well aware of these issues with her personality, and has embraced them, figuring that someone with her strength doesn't need to care about the consequences. lying to her tends to set her off, though seeing someone pull off a successful lie on someone else can amuse her as well.

Family: Her parents are still alive on Roshar, and she has two older brothers. She has mostly forgotten about them though, and doesn't really care about them.

Backstory: Originally from Roshar during one of the later Desolations she was picked to become a lightweaver, but soon displayed some troubling personality aspects, mainly in her love of fighting, and eventually she got into trouble for experimenting with using Soulcasting, using it in unnecessarily cruel ways on Voidbringers. Annoyed she left, and accidentally she ended up in the alleys, but instead of joining up she was captured and used for an experiment, which modified her powers and partially broke her mind. Once she finally regained a semblance of sanity she decided to stay, liking the new lethality of her powers and the knowledge the DA had, as well as their methods. When she learned about the plan to build the alleycity she joined up with the pro-city group, but unknown to many joined up with the faction planning on taking control of the place after it was build, becoming its rulers.

Guild: DA, pro-city faction, ruler splinter group.

Theme song: Beth Crowley, Monster

Aylitha:

Spoiler

Name: Aylitha/Karin Dreier/Eldritch

Age: Doesn't apply, though her human form looks around 14.

Species: Eldritch abomination

Appearance: A young girl with bone-white skin and long, pitch-black hair, and purple eyes that are much too vivid. Wears a goth-loli outfit. Lacks internal organs.

Abilities:

• Enhanced physiology:
    Her body is made up out of non-human cells, which grant her various abilities:
    • No need for air, water or food, except for when talking.
    • No need for sleep.
    • Improved physical abilities. Her strength is somewhat more than that you'd expect of someone her size, but not by too much, being similar to that of a grown man. Her speed and reflexes have been enhanced a lot as well, being closer to that of a stormlight user, or someone burning tin and pewter.
    • Time perception control. She's capable of slowing or speeding up her perception of time, though slowing it is difficult, and is generally something that happens on reflex, not something she can control.
    • Rapid regeneration.
    • Shapeshifting. Large scale shifts are difficult though, and she's normally limited to growing tentacles or vines and using them to attack. She is capable of growing eyes and other things on them though, or using them to secrete acid.
  • Her cells act as gateways to a pocket dimension she controls, which she can use to get more mass for regenerating or shapeshifting, and she can send matter she consumes to it as well, or using it to quickly reabsorb cells of her body.
  • She is effectively two people, Aylitha and Karin, though normally only one of them is in control. Switching requires the mind that currently has control to yield it, and attempting to forcibly take control would simply paralyze her. Both minds have their own skill sets, and can't use each other's skills.

Note: In this case Aylitha doesn't have the level of skill she has in the present-day alleyverse, and isn't capable of splitting off other entities, modifying someone's body or hijacking people. There's also a limit to the amount of matter she can control at once, which is limited to an area of around a city-block, and Karin can control even less.

Skills:

• Aylitha: Intelligence, intelligent. Scholarship (molecular biology), average. Hand to hand combat, average.
  • Karin: Hand to hand combat, Expert. Intelligence, smart, Scholarship (molecular biology), average.

Weakness: Has two minds, and if either of the two disagrees with the actions of the one currently in control they can easily paralyze their body, though Karin doesn't interfere that often. Switching also creates a moment of paralysis, especially switching to Karin, since she tends to not pay that much attention to what's happening. Karin is also somewhat pacifistic, and refuses to kill people while she's in control. Her body is also rather flammable, much more so than that of normal humans, and while her regeneration is fast enough that it can keep her alive it is enough to immobilize her and pin her down.

Personality: Has two personalities, Aylitha and Karin, with Aylitha being in control the majority of the time.

• Aylitha:
    Tends to be rather curious, and sometimes doesn't really understand things about human society. Can sometimes come across as rather inhuman. Cares greatly for Karin, and hopes there's a way to get her to become more active again. Doesn't have a proper sense of danger. During fights she often relies on brute force and using large numbers and masses of tentacles to overwhelm opponents.
  • Karin:
    She has seen too many people die around her, and has become rather withdrawn. Voluntarily gave control to Aylitha, and hopes that it'll allow her to fade away. Tends to go dormant more and more. Refuses to kill anyone, and dislikes becoming close to other people. Hates anything to do with heroics, insisting that she simply helps a single person, without regards for the consequences. When actually becoming serious she becomes highly analytical. Dislikes using the active parts of her powers, and prefers fighting using just martial arts and her enhanced reflexes and speed. In contrast to Aylitha she prefers using smaller, precision attacks aimed at the weak points of her opponents.

History: Originally a normal girl who got possessed by Aylitha when an empowerment event hit her earth, she originally used her new powers to become a hero, but after a certain event caused a team-mate to die she left the team, instead wandering around, helping people she came across. Certain events happened that caused a large number of her friends to die though over time, and as old age started to set in on them as well she ended up becoming tired of living, and handed control to Aylitha in the hope that it would allow her some form of rest, though at this point she's still somewhat active. Aylitha afterwards started wandering as well, eventually finding the alleys and joining up with the DA around the same time as Mac, becoming friends with him. When the concept of the alleycity started floating around she ended up being neutral in the conflict, and instead started looking at the people involved, curious about what would happen.

Affiliation: DA, neutral faction, observer.

Theme song: Yuki Kajiura, Sis Puella Magica

These might be a bit difficult to grade, sorry for that.

22 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I want to give my Zinc twins a drug addiction. What is on the table, and what isn't? @Voidus @Sorana

There's a gray area around it, basically I think in the past I've said that as long as it's not super overt it would be potentially fine. I think the problem that Darth was referring to was when there was some discussion about a new drug entering the AV that literally made people explode if they OD'd on it. That's a little too graphic and a little too focused for what I think we can get away with.
But basically as long as it's not being glorified and as long as the process of actually taking any drugs isn't gone into in too much detail I think we can stay within acceptable limits. Preferably though it's a part of a characters mindset rather than a whole plot or anything like that though.

Brandon himself touches on the topic a few times with Pewter and again in SA with Firemoss, so I think we can get away with a bit if it's focussed more on the human aspect of it rather than the actual drugs.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

Name: Rustburn (Katherine)

Physical Appearance: She is a 6'3 tan athletic woman with long shocking red hair. Her eyes are hazel, and her face is narrow, with a light scar down the right side of the head.

Investiture: She is an epic with the ability to create, manipulate, and intensify fire. She can manipulate up to a square mile of fire, create up to one hundred square feet, and make it ten times stronger. She can not intensify, or expand, fire that she created. Her fire is an average heat for natural fire. In addition, she can instantaneously rust any metal within one hundred feet. Unless she can see the meta she targets a basic area and all the metal in that area rusts. She can have this rust take shapes that she wishes. Investiture does not stop this, only slow it down. A steel inquisitors spike would slow it to take about ten seconds. In addition, whenever something touches her that would harm her instantly turns to rust and breaks away, except for living flesh. Living flesh is slightly repelled so that it does not hit with momentum, and burns the flesh, turning the skin to rust. A specific trick she uses with her powers is to create a blade out of rust from the metal drifting in the air, and then ignite it.

Skills: She is an expert with her ability, and with swordplay, as well as hand to hand combat.

Weaknesses: Epic Weakness; Not having friends. As in, as far as she can tell, nobody cares about her. Other weaknesses; She has a very hard time trusting people, and utterly hates the taste of pineapple.

Personality: She is probably the nicest evil epic in history, as for her, being nice is selfish. She will be kind to people she cares about and torture those she doesn't to death. She will speak of the fleeting quality of life, and is constantly planning to turn the fledgling Alleyverse into her empire, a massive cult of personality dedicated to her.

Equipment: She wears a black leather jacket, and loosely fitting shirt, with leather pants. She has a short sword holstered under the jacket.

Backstory: To be revealed, through RP. If she doesn't kill you first.

Alright well that is a lot. A mile square of fire manipulation puts this squarely in the highest tier of elementalists that my rating system goes to, that is some city-destroying capabilities right there.
Pyrokinetic abilities: 250 points
Rusting: 100 points (Rated higher than normal due to ignoring Investiture)
PI: 80

Skills: 125

Weaknesses: -5

Total: 550
 Fire manipulation is what's really going to get this, 1 square mile is just an absolutely huge amount. That's more than what the Phoenix has used the last two times it managed to level most of the city.

Alright then. The skills, at least based off the point scale, should be 20 points lower. Expert in swordplay and hand to hand is 105.

Personally I would have rated the prime invincibility a few dozen points lower as it does not affect aluminum, shardplate, or blades, but I guess I’ll go with it, as, I’m a duel scenario, you’d destroy their weapons, and their arms.

Would lowering the fire to a hundred square feet put it in the points?

Ps. The drug made their heart burst, it did not cause them to explode.

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

Alright then. The skills, at least based off the point scale, should be 20 points lower. Expert in swordplay and hand to hand is 105.

H2H is 50, Melee weapons is 75. 50+75=125

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

Personally I would have rated the prime invincibility a few dozen points lower as it does not affect aluminum, shardplate, or blades

Neither do almost any PIs, and outside of these you're describing a perfect PI with no limitations. PI's are always worth a lot, they're what separate Epics from High Epics.

22 minutes ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

Would lowering the fire to a hundred square feet put it in the points?

Probably not, it'd be a fair amount lower but 100 square feet of total ability to incinerate things is still quite a bit.

Would be around 100 points for that, so still 400 points total.

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

Ps. The drug made their heart burst, it did not cause them to explode.

Sorry, must have been misremembering it was a while back now. But it was pretty graphic and designed to give some kind of mechanical benefit in the RP, which could potentially incentivize a lot of people to use it for characters or create NPCs who used it. Potential to get a little too pervasive.

Oh drat I was misremembering the point system. Well, making her the level beneath instead if expert. Add in the lower maximum fire control, and then point out to compounding nature of her weaknesses and cook some other weaknesses up.

So, I assume her epic weakness didn’t get points subtracted for it, but I would like to point out that her normal weakness makes it much worse. The epic weakness is based of perception, so if she does not believe someone actually cares about her, then she won’t have power.

Finally, *puts on the same cap I wore with the Jackal,* top to bottom, take what you need.

1. When she cares about someone she will go to extreme lengths to defend them.

2. When she tells a lie she begins to mix up the lie and the truth.

3. Absolutely hates slavers.

4. Rusts things when under stress. Especially annoying to mistborn and feruchemists.

5. Would never hurt a cat. Even if it’s huge and threatening to eat her.

6. Will kill enemies instead of capturing them unless someone stops her.