Hi!

fadiay08

Hi @fadiay08! You appear to have accidentally double-posted this topic, but you can easily fix that by using the Moderation Actions button to hide the redundant one.

Anyway, welcome to the Shard! Obviously, if you were making a cosmere themed Mario Kart game, you'd replaced the shells you throw with confused chulls, but what other modifications would you make?

3 hours ago, fadiay08 said:

@Wander89 I've read elantris and half of the first mistborn book, my favorite part is when Raoden figures out what he needs to do to restore elantris, and he's also my favorite my favorite character too ngl.

Awesome! Raoden didnt click with me af first (Hrathen FTW) but he did end up getting points near the end. What books are you going onto next?

30 minutes ago, fadiay08 said:

@Wander89 I'm gonna finish the final empire then go onto the 2nd mistborn book

@Honorless Honestly, I can't decide between Kelsier and Marsh, they are both amazing characters.

Well of Ascension is my least favourite of the books (it's not a bad book) but Final Empire and Hero of Ages are fantastically written. Kelsier and Marsh are also great ideas!

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

Well of Ascension is my least favourite of the books (it's not a bad book) but Final Empire and Hero of Ages are fantastically written. Kelsier and Marsh are also great ideas!

I know what you mean, 

Spoiler

that one character/subplot

Well, @fadiay08, happy reading! Do post your feelings after finishing the trilogy, if you don't mind. First reactions are always fun.

Edited by Honorless

So I uh finished the first book and lemme tell you, that was one heck of a book. 10/10 would read again.

[ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ]

So uh, like suddenly Marsh dies and then Kelsier. And then Marsh comes back and like what. And after that they tell us that the Lord Ruler Is Rashek and not the Hero of Ages, and turns out he was using Feruchemy and Allomancy instead of having the powers of the Hero of Ages. Like honestly It gets confusing sometimes.

1 hour ago, fadiay08 said:

So I uh finished the first book and lemme tell you, that was one heck of a book. 10/10 would read again.

[ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ] [ S P O I L E R S ]

So uh, like suddenly Marsh dies and then Kelsier. And then Marsh comes back and like what. And after that they tell us that the Lord Ruler Is Rashek and not the Hero of Ages, and turns out he was using Feruchemy and Allomancy instead of having the powers of the Hero of Ages. Like honestly It gets confusing sometimes.

Oh, please, please, please, please, please come back to this thread when you finish Book 3.

First time reactions!!! Must haves them!

@Honorless It'll probably be a while since I'm not that fast of a reader honestly, It took me a month to get back on my reading feet and I'm glad I did that as Mistborn turned out to be amazing. 

And I also only have the first book but I'm gonna get the trilogy set instead of buying the other 2 books by themselves as It's cheaper.

Edited by fadiay08

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @fadiay08 welcome to the shard. 
I started with Elantris too and I loved Raoden. 

Spoiler

I liked how the whole aon system had a basic symbol and juxtapositions to it meant different things. 

But in retrospect, I realise that a good character is one that has internal conflicts too. Raoden is too perfect to be realistic. Brandon has now even better characters to offer in his other books. 

Enjoy the rest of the Mistborn series, do come back and share your views whenever you finish them. 
Personally I think, Well of ascension takes a little time in getting interesting and things happening, but what once it does, it really is worth reading. 
And just wait for hero of ages. It is very good. *trying to not create too much hype*

Just now, fadiay08 said:

@Honorless It's a graphic novel made by Kazu Kibuishi, I think he's underrated. Not many people talk about his work. Also Amulet Is pretty good, though I only have the first book. I might continue It after finishing Mistborn.

Yeah, I just looked it up.

I don't think I have the capacity to read/watch anything anime for a while, I'm still recovering from "5 Centimetres per Second", my heart cannot take it...