Anyone worried about Kaladin's changes in Oathbringer?

|WackyError

Like, I don't know why this drove me to complete madness, but something about this one weird quote while they were in the Stormbunker durring the Everstorm just shook me. That quote about the single cremling in that place, and how the proprietor should keep it clean. I don't know why, but that phrasing just made me worried that our boy is gonna end up the exact thing he hates.

Did anyone else notice that line? It's just a small line, one or two sentences, but something about that sparked a flight or fight response in me. It just seemed so... Un-kaladin? It inspired that odd kinda panic you get when something terrible is about to happen. 

11 minutes ago, |WackyError said:

That quote about the single cremling in that place

Read Edgedancer.

11 minutes ago, |WackyError said:

how the proprietor should keep it clean

I think vermin should generally be kept away from the establishment by the proprietor don't you?

Kaladin is not turning down a dark path. Here is a WoB, which I put in a spoiler tag because it spoils the ending of Game of Thrones:

Spoiler

Questioner

One a scale of 1 to Daenerys how <careful> can I to be able to name our firstborn child due in March Kaladin?

Brandon Sanderson

Kaladin, you would probably be safe naming your kid Kaladin. You should not expect any Daenerys level stuff. 

12 hours ago, |WackyError said:

Like, I don't know why this drove me to complete madness, but something about this one weird quote while they were in the Stormbunker durring the Everstorm just shook me. That quote about the single cremling in that place, and how the proprietor should keep it clean. I don't know why, but that phrasing just made me worried that our boy is gonna end up the exact thing he hates.

Did anyone else notice that line? It's just a small line, one or two sentences, but something about that sparked a flight or fight response in me. It just seemed so... Un-kaladin? It inspired that odd kinda panic you get when something terrible is about to happen. 

good catch, it is relevant though not probably in a way that you think :-)

as Karger said, read edgedancer.

And i m not at all worried about Kaladin turnin on the dark path. Not al all.

And i think his fetish for cleanliness has to do with the fact that he was trained by a surgeon. 

• Chaos locked this topic