Alleycity Thread

Ark1002

Snake walked along the streets, glad that the boy whose body she was using was finally occupied with something else. She liked how her scales reflected the light on his arms, how the people tended to avoid the lanky male teen with the scales and the eyes that look like a snakes. Of course they did. She was in charge. Snake knew that Mike was still there, somewhere in the darkness they all returned to when they weren't in charge, but for now the body belonged to her, without Wolf or Squirrel interfering. And of course without Mike trying to get back in control.

She smiled when she used his money to buy some food and grinned at the man standing there. He shrank back at her glance, and quickly shoved the sandwhich into her hand. Snake turned around and idly walked along the street, wondered what she was going to do now. She felt like doing something exciting and maybe -

Mike opened his hands, when Squid was gone, nothing but thin air left between his hands. He lifted a hand to wipe away the tears off his face and stared at them, as if he couldn't believe he was crying. Tears. He was crying for the ghost of a spike. He itched to take squids spike and rip it out of his chest, just like he had used Porcupine's during the invasion. It had been so easy. Take it in your hand and rip it out of your body. Except that without someone to heal him, he would bleed out soon.

Salmon swam over and Mike looked at the calm fish, felt it's wet, slicky scales underneath his fingertips. Disgust rippled through his body and he flinched away a little, but Salmon stayed, offered silent comfort. Mike had never really looked at him, Squid had been his friend, his pillar, with Squirrel and Wolf to keep him upright, to help him against Snake and Fox. Fox. Pain seared through his chest when he saw Squid again, her lifeless body in Fox teeth. Grimly he stood up, and reached out, grabbed Snake and pulled her back down. Wolf was behind him, kept Fox in check and yet, nothing happened.

Mike continued to pull, to fight, used all his power, everything he hand and finally, finally Snake gave way and he surfaced again.

Mike gasped, when he could feel his limbs again, fell to the ground and buried his face in his hands, his fingertips feeling his short hair. They were growing stronger. And he had no idea what to do now.

@Coda

Corenar walked out of a random Alley into the City. It was fascinating, with advanced, "modern" buildings along side traditional, normal buildings. The gravity was cosmere standard here, but he was more used to it after wandering the Alleys for several hours. He watched the City, observing everything. Strange... There was a snake person buying food from a vendor. Where did that type of person come from? Though he was acquainted with the fauna of many worlds, he had never seen a snake person. As he watched, the scales melted away, and the former snake person buried his face in his hands. Curious. He walked over to the man, and said, "Greetings, stranger. You seem to be in need of assistance."

@Ookla the Dreamer

Mike looked up, saw a man stand next to him and he only stared at him for a moment. Where was he? Looking around, he saw the food in his hand, couldn't remember buying it. But he had the taste in his mouth, so he - Snake. Snake had bought the food.

"I, where am I?" He asked and looked around for a street sign. He felt empty, as if something vital had been ripped out of him, as if there was only darkness and no light surrounding him. No chance to do something else but fall and fall and fight and fall even more. "I lost track of my way." He added as a kind of vague explanation why he might ask where he was and slowly got to his feet.

"I am Mike." He greeted the stranger, tried to appear normal, although he didn't feel like talking at all. And yet he offered his hand, nearly astonished that for once it looked human.

Corenar took Mike's hand and shook it. "A pleasure to meet you, Mike." Memory loss after exiting snake form. Split personas? Subconscious shapeshifting? His thoughts churned violently as he thought about the possibilities. Of course, it was probably spikes, given the proximity to the Alleys. Belatedly, he realized that he hadn't introduced himself or let go of Mike's hand. He let go of the appendage and said, "I am Corenar."

@Ookla the Dreamer

A shadowy figure waited in the Alley. He wore a dark robe, black boots, and his face was shadowed. The only thing identifying him was the hand peeking out, which had a tattoo on it. A tattoo of three interlocking diamonds.

A slash of white flashed in the darkness- a grin. An assassination. And a big one. It had been a while since the last one of these. He leaned against the wall, not noticing the stairs he got- not because of his outfit, which was not uncommon, but because of his tattoo. The people were uneasy around a Ghostblood. Always.

So he leaned back, and waited.

7 hours ago, Coda said:

Corenar took Mike's hand and shook it. "A pleasure to meet you, Mike." Memory loss after exiting snake form. Split personas? Subconscious shapeshifting? His thoughts churned violently as he thought about the possibilities. Of course, it was probably spikes, given the proximity to the Alleys. Belatedly, he realized that he hadn't introduced himself or let go of Mike's hand. He let go of the appendage and said, "I am Corenar."

@Ookla the Dreamer

Mike nodded and pulled his hand back. "Glad to meet you Corenar." He replied and wondered what to do now. There was a vague uneasy feeling in the back of his head, but he ignored it for now. He realized Corenar hadn't replied to his question and so he looked around, finally found a street sign. Close to the Baker's district. Turning he found another one and nodded more to himself, when he knew how to get back to the headquarters. Or maybe the bleeding spike? Lusk would gut him for running off. He had told him, to keep them in check, and not to endanger the mission.

He sighed and then forced a polite smile on his face. "Thank you for offering your help. But I know where I have to go now." He started, his eyes resting on the shadowy figure for a moment, noticing the tattoo and then he looked away as if he had seen nothing. He didn't know about the other person's orders, so he wouldn't interfer.

"I grew up in these streets, so I am positive I will find my way home."

Edited by Ookla the Dreamer

16 hours ago, Ookla the Dog Hater said:

A shadowy figure waited in the Alley. He wore a dark robe, black boots, and his face was shadowed. The only thing identifying him was the hand peeking out, which had a tattoo on it. A tattoo of three interlocking diamonds.

A slash of white flashed in the darkness- a grin. An assassination. And a big one. It had been a while since the last one of these. He leaned against the wall, not noticing the stairs he got- not because of his outfit, which was not uncommon, but because of his tattoo. The people were uneasy around a Ghostblood. Always.

So he leaned back, and waited.

Droran strolled over to the man and slipped payment and a note into his pocket, then walked away.

18 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Mike nodded and pulled his hand back. "Glad to meet you Corenar." He replied and wondered what to do now. There was a vague uneasy feeling in the back of his head, but he ignored it for now. He realized Corenar hadn't replied to his question and so he looked around, finally found a street sign. Close to the Baker's district. Turning he found another one and nodded more to himself, when he knew how to get back to the headquarters. Or maybe the bleeding spike? Lusk would gut him for running off. He had told him, to keep them in check, and not to endanger the mission.

He sighed and then forced a polite smile on his face. "Thank you for offering your help. But I know where I have to go now." He started, his eyes resting on the shadowy figure for a moment, noticing the tattoo and then he looked away as if he had seen nothing. He didn't know about the other person's orders, so he wouldn't interfer.

"I grew up in these streets, so I am positive I will find my way home."

Corenar, sensing Mike was going to leave, grabbed his hand again. "Don't leave yet. Why do you change forms? Do you remember changing forms? The other form had different body language. Different persona? Did the persona come from you or somewhere else? Is it natural or unnatural? Do you have more forms?" He tightened his grip on Mike's hand to prevent him from leaving. "Tell me everything." 

16 hours ago, Coda said:

Corenar, sensing Mike was going to leave, grabbed his hand again. "Don't leave yet. Why do you change forms? Do you remember changing forms? The other form had different body language. Different persona? Did the persona come from you or somewhere else? Is it natural or unnatural? Do you have more forms?" He tightened his grip on Mike's hand to prevent him from leaving. "Tell me everything." 

Mike shrank back at the questions, quickly shook his head. "Who are you?" He asked, tried to pull his hand out of the stranger's grip. Different persona? He had no idea. No idea at all. "Why, what do you want from me?"

He added, his voice shaking. Lucky him, he stumbled into the one person who wanted to use him again, to pry on him, to reveal his secrets. Wes. Mike silently wished that his friend was here, to hold him, to tell him that things would be alright. The strange feeling inside of his head intensified, but for now nothing changed. Instead he simply looked at Corenar, tried to think of a good way to escape all the questions.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Mike shrank back at the questions, quickly shook his head. "Who are you?" He asked, tried to pull his hand out of the stranger's grip. Different persona? He had no idea. No idea at all. "Why, what do you want from me?"

He added, his voice shaking. Lucky him, he stumbled into the one person who wanted to use him again, to pry on him, to reveal his secrets. Wes. Mike silently wished that his friend was here, to hold him, to tell him that things would be alright. The strange feeling inside of his head intensified, but for now nothing changed. Instead he simply looked at Corenar, tried to think of a good way to escape all the questions.

Corenar frowned slightly. Dissociation, repression, strong emotional reaction. Supressed trauma? "What happened to you?" he asked softly, apologetically. "Can I help?" He felt almost bad for scaring Mike. The poor guy must have gone through some serious trauma.

7 hours ago, Coda said:

Corenar frowned slightly. Dissociation, repression, strong emotional reaction. Supressed trauma? "What happened to you?" he asked softly, apologetically. "Can I help?" He felt almost bad for scaring Mike. The poor guy must have gone through some serious trauma.

Mike gave another pull on his arm, but the guy continued to hold him in a tight grip and while his voice changed, asked if he could help, he still hadn't offered Mike a chance to run away. Wise probably, if he really wanted to talk to him.

"Nobody can help." He replied shortly and felt Wolf stir, powerful, stronger than he ever had done before - and then - nothing. Nothing at all. Mike risked a glance into the dark room and saw blood. Wolf's pelt was strewn everywhere, and in the middle - Fox. Fox seemed to be stronger, blood on his fur and around his jaws, but otherwise he seemed fine. He didn't do anything, only looked at Mike. No, not at Mike. At Squirrel who was hiding on his shoulder.

"I was sent into an Alley and paid the price." Mike replied to the other question, not really thinking about his words. Wolf, Wolf was dead. Fox had ripped him apart while Mike was preoccupied with something else. He used his free arm to hug himself and looked up at Corenar, tears brimming in his eyes. "It's better for you if you leave me alone. I am but a shadow."

7 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Mike gave another pull on his arm, but the guy continued to hold him in a tight grip and while his voice changed, asked if he could help, he still hadn't offered Mike a chance to run away. Wise probably, if he really wanted to talk to him.

"Nobody can help." He replied shortly and felt Wolf stir, powerful, stronger than he ever had done before - and then - nothing. Nothing at all. Mike risked a glance into the dark room and saw blood. Wolf's pelt was strewn everywhere, and in the middle - Fox. Fox seemed to be stronger, blood on his fur and around his jaws, but otherwise he seemed fine. He didn't do anything, only looked at Mike. No, not at Mike. At Squirrel who was hiding on his shoulder.

"I was sent into an Alley and paid the price." Mike replied to the other question, not really thinking about his words. Wolf, Wolf was dead. Fox had ripped him apart while Mike was preoccupied with something else. He used his free arm to hug himself and looked up at Corenar, tears brimming in his eyes. "It's better for you if you leave me alone. I am but a shadow."

"Spikes!" Corenar exclaimed. "The spikes are the cause! How? A persona attatched to a spike?" He stared at Mike, noting his twitching, his tears. "Maybe I should speak to the snake instead."

5 minutes ago, Coda said:

"Spikes!" Corenar exclaimed. "The spikes are the cause! How? A persona attatched to a spike?" He stared at Mike, noting his twitching, his tears. "Maybe I should speak to the snake instead."

Mike yelped and finally pulled his arm free. "Just leave me alone." He whispered and took a step back, his body poised to run. The man knew about spikes, he knew about the Alleys. "Do you belong to them?" He asked, his voice shaking from fear. First the assassination, and now this - he should have followed Wes, should have stayed with his friend, instead of staying behind. Wes cared. Unhappily he readied himself to run, although his legs felt weak, sorrow filled his heart. Wolf was dead. He had lost wolf and he didn't know how to protect Squirrel while staying in control.

Snake stired at Corenar's words. Talk to her. The human wanted to talk to her. It was an opportunity, a chance for her to get of Mike, to get his body for her own. She looked over at Fox, still licking his nose and then slowly started to move upwards, out of the darkness that surrounded them. The human would make a mistake, and then his body was hers.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Mike yelped and finally pulled his arm free. "Just leave me alone." He whispered and took a step back, his body poised to run. The man knew about spikes, he knew about the Alleys. "Do you belong to them?" He asked, his voice shaking from fear. First the assassination, and now this - he should have followed Wes, should have stayed with his friend, instead of staying behind. Wes cared. Unhappily he readied himself to run, although his legs felt weak, sorrow filled his heart. Wolf was dead. He had lost wolf and he didn't know how to protect Squirrel while staying in control.

Snake stired at Corenar's words. Talk to her. The human wanted to talk to her. It was an opportunity, a chance for her to get of Mike, to get his body for her own. She looked over at Fox, still licking his nose and then slowly started to move upwards, out of the darkness that surrounded them. The human would make a mistake, and then his body was hers.

Corenar noted Mike's sudden tension, his legs bent ready to run. "If I was with them, you would have been taken by now. You're really a mess, aren't you?" Of course, Corenar didn't know this mysterious "them" but the illusion of power was often more important than the real thing. If he took out the spikes, would Mike die? Would it be worth it to slam him to the ground, knock him unconscious, and steal his spikes? "Let me speak to Snake."

8 hours ago, Coda said:

Corenar noted Mike's sudden tension, his legs bent ready to run. "If I was with them, you would have been taken by now. You're really a mess, aren't you?" Of course, Corenar didn't know this mysterious "them" but the illusion of power was often more important than the real thing. If he took out the spikes, would Mike die? Would it be worth it to slam him to the ground, knock him unconscious, and steal his spikes? "Let me speak to Snake."

No DA. Mike relaxed a little, although he suspected, that the man was lying. Did it matter - no, nor really. Nothing really mattered anymore. It was tempting to simply give in to Snake, have her take over and just leave it all behind. Lusk would gut him, his friend was gone - the was nothing left anyway. He might be able to escape, his was trained and fit, and his training had included some jumping, as well as climbing smaller walls, but did he really want to try his -

Snake shoved Mike away, smiled when she saw the scales on his arm. "Hello, Cutie." She grinned at Corenar, delighted at the scales on her arms. Her tongue tasted the air and her smile widened. The man obviously had no idea who she was. Maybe she could play with him a little. Snake leaned against a wall, one hand reached into Mike's bag when she relaxed, projected a calm surface. She knew that the boy was probably throwing a tantrum somewhere, but she didn't care at all.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

Mike screamed in fury, when Snake brushed him away, scared Salmon that scurried away and hid in the darkness again. Slowly he turned around, strangely Squirrel was gone as well, and he turned to Fox, who was licking his paws. Fox. That explained why Squirrel wasn't here. "Why?" he asked quietly and Fox lifted his head, looked at him. "You decide." He said calmly and Mike shook his head. "No, no I don't." he gestured around. "Squid was my friend, Wolf was my friend. This was your decision, not mine." Fox only looked down at his paws again, continue to clean them from the blood.

13 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

No DA. Mike relaxed a little, although he suspected, that the man was lying. Did it matter - no, nor really. Nothing really mattered anymore. It was tempting to simply give in to Snake, have her take over and just leave it all behind. Lusk would gut him, his friend was gone - the was nothing left anyway. He might be able to escape, his was trained and fit, and his training had included some jumping, as well as climbing smaller walls, but did he really want to try his -

Snake shoved Mike away, smiled when she saw the scales on his arm. "Hello, Cutie." She grinned at Corenar, delighted at the scales on her arms. Her tongue tasted the air and her smile widened. The man obviously had no idea who she was. Maybe she could play with him a little. Snake leaned against a wall, one hand reached into Mike's bag when she relaxed, projected a calm surface. She knew that the boy was probably throwing a tantrum somewhere, but she didn't care at all.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

Mike screamed in fury, when Snake brushed him away, scared Salmon that scurried away and hid in the darkness again. Slowly he turned around, strangely Squirrel was gone as well, and he turned to Fox, who was licking his paws. Fox. That explained why Squirrel wasn't here. "Why?" he asked quietly and Fox lifted his head, looked at him. "You decide." He said calmly and Mike shook his head. "No, no I don't." he gestured around. "Squid was my friend, Wolf was my friend. This was your decision, not mine." Fox only looked down at his paws again, continue to clean them from the blood.

Corenar smiled at the Snake. "Greetings. I have some questions for you. Are you of Mike or yourself? How does one store a persona in a spike? Are there more? Are they all so animalistic? Is being animalistic required? How does the body change upon persona change?" He wanted-no, needed-to know. He rubbed the medallion that hung upon his neck thoughtfully. "Tell me." He readied for the Snake's inevitable escape attempt. It would come down to reflexes, so he reached for Mike's arm again. "Give me the answers."

Edited by Coda
Thought something didn't happen.

12 minutes ago, Coda said:

Corenar smiled at the Snake. "Greetings. I have some questions for you. Are you of Mike or yourself? How does one store a persona in a spike? Are there more? Are they all so animalistic? Is being animalistic required? How does the body change upon persona change?" He wanted-no, needed-to know. He rubbed the medallion that hung upon his neck thoughtfully. "Tell me." He readied for the Snake's inevitable escape attempt. It would come down to reflexes, but he already had a hand on Mike's arm. His grip tightened slightly. "Give me the answers."

Mike freed his arm two posts ago. Sorry, but that's kind of important. Could you please change it? ^_^

And something else, as this feels like it might end with a conflict. It would be better if you phrased things like grabbing another character's arm "he tried to take hold of his arm, in order to",  or "he drew a knife and aimed a stab at Mike's stomach". That gives the other player a chance to have their character evade or react in another way, while they still know what you want to do. Of course they can roll with it, that's why I didn't mention it earlier.

Edited by Ookla the Dreamer

On 13.12.2019 at 5:49 PM, Coda said:

Corenar smiled at the Snake. "Greetings. I have some questions for you. Are you of Mike or yourself? How does one store a persona in a spike? Are there more? Are they all so animalistic? Is being animalistic required? How does the body change upon persona change?" He wanted-no, needed-to know. He rubbed the medallion that hung upon his neck thoughtfully. "Tell me." He readied for the Snake's inevitable escape attempt. It would come down to reflexes, so he reached for Mike's arm again. "Give me the answers."

Snake gave a quiet laugh and pulled her arm our of his way. "Slowly, slowly, dear." She drawled. "Do you wants answers, or do you want to fight?" Deliberatedly she opened her mouth a little, let him see the sharp teeth in Mike's mouth. Loosing her relaxed posture, her body tensed, head moving slightly from left to right, while she stared at Corenar.

"It's one or the other - you won't have both." Her voice changed at these last words, dropped back to a man's. The words felt heavy, strong in their phrasing, and she was surprised at them, couldn't quite point where they came from. Fox maybe, but Foy - they didn't sound like Fox.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Snake gave a quiet laugh and pulled her arm our of his way. "Slowly, slowly, dear." She drawled. "Do you wants answers, or do you want to fight?" Deliberatedly she opened her mouth a little, let him see the sharp teeth in Mike's mouth. Loosing her relaxed posture, her body tensed, head moving slightly from left to right, while she stared at Corenar.

"It's one or the other - you won't have both." Her voice changed at these last words, dropped back to a man's. The words felt heavy, strong in their phrasing, and she was surprised at them, couldn't quite point where they came from. Fox maybe, but Foy - they didn't sound like Fox.

Corenar stared at Snake. She appeared to be female, though the last sentence sounded male. "I want answers. Always answers." The fangs were quite evidently snake teeth. Were they poisonous? Was her tongue a scent organ? Who was the other speaker? He pulled his hand back in a peace gesture. "We'll just talk for now."

Edited by Coda
Typo

43 minutes ago, Coda said:

Corenar stared at Snake. She appeared to be female, though the last sentence sounded male. "I want answers. Always answers." The fangs were quite evidently snake teeth. Were they poisonous? Was her tongue a scent organ? Who was the other speaker? He pulled his hand back in a peace gesture. "We'll just talk for now."

A satisfied grin spread on Snake's face and resumed her relaxed position at the wall. "That's better." she told Corenar. To kill him, it would have been messy, she was sure of that. You never knew, as ready as he was to fight, in the end he might even be a match for Mike.

"I am Mike." she replied, to clarify one thing first. "And I am not Mike. but mostly I am him. I use his body and brain, and while I change details - " again her tongue tasted the air, "to fit me better, I am still him and will always be."

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

A satisfied grin spread on Snake's face and resumed her relaxed position at the wall. "That's better." she told Corenar. To kill him, it would have been messy, she was sure of that. You never knew, as ready as he was to fight, in the end he might even be a match for Mike.

"I am Mike." she replied, to clarify one thing first. "And I am not Mike. but mostly I am him. I use his body and brain, and while I change details - " again her tongue tasted the air, "to fit me better, I am still him and will always be."

"Are there more of you?" Corenar asked. "Would you exist without spikes? Or do the spikes simply grant the ability to change forms? Did Mike have personas before the spikes? If I spiked myself with those spikes, would you be part of me?"

1 hour ago, Coda said:

"Are there more of you?" Corenar asked. "Would you exist without spikes? Or do the spikes simply grant the ability to change forms? Did Mike have personas before the spikes? If I spiked myself with those spikes, would you be part of me?"

Snake shook her head. "I don't know if you ask the right questions." She stated offhandly. I am a Shapeshifter. Nothing more, nothing less. I am Mike." This time she made sure to keep Mike's voice the same as it always was. Important, she had to convince him that this was everything. She didn't know why he insisted on Mike having spikes, they weren't visible, nor was the Shapechanging so uncommon, that this was the only possibility. Unless -

"You are new, aren't you?" She asked, and smiled at him. "The Dark Alley is powerful, but not everybody has spikes. In contrast - most don't. "Don't worry about it. Most hear the stories about the Dark Alley and immediatly think all of us grown up here have spikes in our sleeves."

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Snake shook her head. "I don't know if you ask the right questions." She stated offhandly. I am a Shapeshifter. Nothing more, nothing less. I am Mike." This time she made sure to keep Mike's voice the same as it always was. Important, she had to convince him that this was everything. She didn't know why he insisted on Mike having spikes, they weren't visible, nor was the Shapechanging so uncommon, that this was the only possibility. Unless -

"You are new, aren't you?" She asked, and smiled at him. "The Dark Alley is powerful, but not everybody has spikes. In contrast - most don't. "Don't worry about it. Most hear the stories about the Dark Alley and immediatly think all of us grown up here have spikes in our sleeves."

Corenar frowned. If Mike was a natural shapeshifter like a Siah Aimian, his powers weren't based on Investiture and couldn't be spiked out, as far as he knew. Practically worthless. He glanced at the shadow before turning to go.