Ark1002

Alleycity Thread

97 posts in this topic

Quote

This is the thread for generic Alleycity scenes, not connected to plot or location thread

12th of Scholus, 19 ATR

Bellatrix Deathstrike, The Dark Angel, ex-Bureau member, the former Dark Phoenix, strolled down the street. She wore white robes, cut off at the arms.

She shivered, then opened the door to the shop. It was labeled Tanner's. She smirked, putting the crown of fire in her hair. They would remember her anyway, might as well go all out on the drama factor. She stepped up to the counter, and leaned against it, holding a glass of port and sipping it. "I'd like to talk to Beau." Her smirk widened. "I want to buy some jewelry for Little Red." The man standing there nodded at her. "I am he. You got anything for me in return?" She grinned, setting down the port. "I do, in fact."

Bellatrix reached down to her pockets, pulling something from each. In one hand was a knife, made of three vinelike strands of metal woven together. "The knife of a prominent gang leader, now dead. Each strand of metal is a soulspike reshaped." In her other hand was a coppermind with some aluminum and nicrosil attached. "This is an unsealed coppermind. The full lifetime of a scholar of the lives of the Alleycity." She grinned. "I hope that is acceptable?"

The man's eyes widened almost imperceptibly, then reigned the shock back in.

She slid a note across the counter, which had ink written all over it.

"Take care of this. I may be back someday."

She grinned, waved, and walked out of the shop.

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Sorana
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the second time in two days, Lita stepped out of the alley that ran beside Cartwright's Boarding House. The old brick building had survived the invasion with minimal damage, and Lita spared a moment to look at its smoke-stained facade with a measure of fondness. Her new home in the Alleys was far larger and more well-appointed, but she did occasionally miss looking out her window across the many varied roofs that made up the city. For that matter, she missed having windows at all. 

Lita wrinkled her nose and chided herself; now was hardly the time for reminiscing. There was work to do. She swept her gaze up and down the street, though she hardly needed to bother - her Tin-enhanced ears had already picked up the fact that she was largely alone. Still, it didn't hurt to be cautious. Lita adjusted her flat cap over her auburn hair and slid the Coin out of her pocket and into her sock, where it nestled up against the side of her ankle. Its smooth, cold surface felt familiar pressed against her skin, and she let out a slight breath that she didn't realize she'd been holding.

"You can stay here, if you like," she called backwards, where she knew Laurelai was waiting. "I'll only be a moment."

With that, Lita unlocked the back door to the stairwell with an old key and made her way up to the first floor. The woman who sat behind the counter was ancient, and she squinted up at Lita with milky eyes.

"That you, dear?" Her voice was like the whisper of wind over old paper, though Lita knew not to underestimate the woman. She was a Tin Ferring, and while her eyes were blind, her hearing was as sharp as new steel.

"Room 9," Lita responded, the same words she always gave. The woman nodded, then ran soft, aged fingers over the stacks of letters she had behind her desk. With a small flourish, the woman produced a single folded sheet of paper and placed it on the counter. Lita strode forward and slid the letter into a pocket, replacing it with ten chrysts.

The old woman counted them with practiced fingers, then whisked them off the counter and into a pocket of her own before Lita could draw five breaths. "Sweet girl, paying extra. Granny remembers." She tapped one gnarled finger against her nose and grinned through a mouthful of grey teeth. Lita raised one eyebrow, but said nothing. This woman was an informant for more than just Lita, and the less she knew about her, the better. She walked out of the mail room, down the stairs, and out the back door, locking it behind her. 

In the gloom of the alley once again, Lita allowed herself to unfold the single sheet of paper and read the words scrawled across its surface in a deliberate, angular hand:

I have some information you might consider valuable. Meet at the Bleeding Spike between three and six. Will be there for one week, beginning 12th Scholus.

                                                                                  -- B

Lita cocked her head, committing the message to memory before tapping some heat into her hand. The paper did nothing for a moment before a thin line of smoke ran up from one corner. Then, almost all at once, the letter caught fire. Lita waited until most of it had burned before grinding the ashes into the damp alley floor with the toe of one boot. She shook out her hand, frowning at the tiny blister that had raised on her thumb, and then turned back to Laurelai.

"Seems as though the world is conspiring to get me to drink," she said. "Someone has 'some information I might consider valuable' and wants to meet at the new tavern. It's called The Bleeding Spike which is a bit ridiculous, but then I think we were all a bit spoiled with Malu's taste back at the Odd Job. Anyway, if you're willing to pretend you don't have a refined palate, they do serve port there. Want to come? I could use the company, and whoever this 'B' is, they didn't tell me to come alone."

When Laurelai didn't object, Lita motioned for her to follow. Then, they both melted into the deep shadow at the back of the Alley and began to Alleytravel.

@Voidus

Quote

Just keeping you updated on where Lita is, Voidus, since you said Laurelai would want to come along! I'll make the next post in the tavern thread, and tag you again.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Sounds good.

Lena turned around another corner and smiled when she saw their old safe house. It had been a while, she wasn't even sure, if it was still being used.

"We don't need to pay them." She replied a bit belatedly. "They can sell what they steal. Just like we did with Alleyzon. We go there together, work together, share the revenue and then we part ways."

Slowly she headed towards the back of the house and then slipped through a small door to its side. Dust was lying all over the place, but apart from that, it looked just like they had left it. There were some signs of use, a cleaner part here and there, only noticeable if you looked closely. It had been a while since a larger crew had met here, but somebody still now and then used this place. She sat down on a stool and grinned when she saw the broken beer bottle on the ground. It seemed like whoever had been here, hadn't bothered to clean up.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alask followed her into the safe house, smiling slightly at the feelings of nostalgia that accompanied him. He noticed the beer bottle as well as a few small things around the hideout, signs that it wasn’t all completely abandoned. Maybe the next time one of the crew checked here, they’d see the note.

The note. Grabbing a scrap of paper from an old cupboard Alask began writing:

To anyone who wants to get back together like in the old days for another heist, contact the Forge.

Finishing he showed it to Lena. “Do you think it’s enough?”

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask followed her into the safe house, smiling slightly at the feelings of nostalgia that accompanied him. He noticed the beer bottle as well as a few small things around the hideout, signs that it wasn’t all completely abandoned. Maybe the next time one of the crew checked here, they’d see the note.

The note. Grabbing a scrap of paper from an old cupboard Alask began writing:

To anyone who wants to get back together like in the old days for another heist, contact the Forge.

Finishing he showed it to Lena. “Do you think it’s enough?”

Lena nodded. "I think so, yes." She placed the note on the table and used the broken beer bottle to weigh it down. Strange to call everybody together again, really strange. She started to eat a banana and looked around the place again. "We used to spend so much time here. Maq's eleven, or were we twelve? I can't even remember."

Leaning against a wall she looked around, the familiar place. "We should have used this spot earlier. It might come in handy for some other things we do. Maybe we should try to separate  certain activities from the forge at one time or the other." It would be safer for Mart if they did.

With another grin she turned towards him. "Let's maybe hang it up in the Odd job tavern as well? I don't know how many still are around here. And I wouldn't mind some other heads to bounce ideas around, or to lend a hand."

Quote

As the tavern thread is dead, let's maybe simply ask in the homeless pm?

===================

Quote

Tagged you, because you are the remaining more or less active ones of the Thieve's guild pm. It's only an offer to come along for an heist and steal some things. Lena and Alask will do it, no matter how you decide.

@Darth Woodrack @bees?

@Ark1002 @Silva @Voidus @xinoehp512

Edited by Sorana
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'm up for it, is this the same day that other threads are generally in? Or was this a little while ago so I can justify Zyn finding the note now?

@Sorana @I think I am here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voidus said:

I'm up for it, is this the same day that other threads are generally in? Or was this a little while ago so I can justify Zyn finding the note now?

Quote

Well, generally everything is roughly the same timeline, but I think a few days ago is fine.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tiles were slippery to the touch as Zyn clung to them on the roof. But his practised fingers fount the rougher grooves, the edges of the tiles that were secure enough to hold some of his weight as he slipped down against the wall of the building. With one foot he felt around until he felt the glass of a window, then gave a little upward flick to jostle it free from the latch that usually held it closed.

With a last quick glance to make sure that no one was glancing up into this side street, Zyn slipped in through the upper story window, landing softly in the attic of the safehouse. Humming softly to himself he pulled a small bag in after him and began pulling items out from within it. A pouch filled with stormlight-infused gems was the main attraction, Radiants always payed extra for anything that was already infused and some Rosharans still enjoyed using them for illumination as a sign of status.The remaining trinkets had been quickly pilfered from the rooms he'd passed while searching, but a number of them were carved with what looked like recent trends from Roshar. Better luck still, simple gold didn't sell for much in a city with Soulcasters, but fancy tableware that had original artwork on it was always worth a bit.

Of course this did mean he'd need to find a fence who could be discreet while selling these, the artwork made them a little too easy to track for Zyn's taste and he'd already been suspicious that someone may have been trying to follow him, better to lead them to an old safehouse than his personal residence in that case.

He dropped down from the attic into the house proper, taking a look around and noticing with some surprise that he hadn't been the only one to make use of it in recent days. A number of small discarded items littered the residence, and it seemed that someone had left some of their plans on a table. He left them for now, looking around to try to find something to drink before eventually settling with water.

Should have known better than to trust a bunch of other thieves to leave a guy a free drink. He thought ruefully, heading back to the table to glance curiously down at the piece of paper left there.
 

To anyone who wants to get back together like in the old days for another heist, contact the Forge.

Zyn read the note a second time, double checking to see if there was any kind of code that he could make out. But the message was too short for that, there couldn't be much information beyond what was plainly on there.

Another job huh? Well it could be interesting, getting harder to find anywhere that I wouldn't feel bad stealing from.

Eyes distant and pensive, he headed back upstairs to collect his loot before exiting out the front door. Humming to himself once more.

Now where the rusts is the Forge again?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Sure, do you mind making the first post in the Forge? (I don’t want to double post)

@Sorana

Edited by I think I am here.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:
Quote

More we simply never stopped playing our characters and wanted to offer others a little heist. Everybody is welcome thieve's guild or not.

 

Edited by Sorana
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aln pulled her coat tighter around herself and glanced at her sister. She didn't seem particularly bothered by the cold, but then the Idrian climate was quite different from that of Roshar. Aln had read an interesting book on unusual weather patterns on Shardic worlds, recently. Would Temeria be interested in hearing about it? Aln looked at her again. Probably not. 

It felt odd, almost wrong, to be out walking without a definite purpose. She wasn't hurrying to a meeting or picking up a delivery, and the person beside her wasn't a coworker, but a family member. She felt, strangely, far more nervous now than during her interviews with Guild Leaders and business executives. Temeria had seemed to accept her company - at least, she was no longer glaring or actively trying to get away - but Aln had no idea how to begin a conversation. She didn't want to bring up the past, and she certainly didn't want to talk about her own feelings, but after that there's not much that the two of them had in common. Eventually she cleared her throat and gestured to a building ahead. 

"That's the ACE headquarters- they're an organization currently dedicated to exploring the caves beneath the city, which were recently discovered. I'm waiting on news from some people who are down there; from what they've already told me, it's fascinating."

@Sorana

Quote

I assumed that Temeria would be following Aln, but if that's false, feel free to correct me.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spren slammed into the ground, emitting a scattering of sparks which quickly faded. A number of people nearby jumped out of the way from the sudden burst of light, but after seeing the spren most simply shrugged and gave it a wide birth as they continued on. Spren weren't particularly common in the city, not as common as they were on Roshar, but some found their way here over time. They attracted some attention but not enough to stop and investigate one.

The spren seemed to spin in place, a tiny whirlwind of flame, it looked at the people surrounding it but didn't seem to find what it was looking for. With a frustrated shattering of sparks it drifted back up into the air, body turning into a thin ribbon of flame until it reached a point above the rooftops where it resumed a humanoid form. Dancing from one foot to the other it scanned the rooftops, searching.

It had been left behind at the mausoleum, been too curious about the statues that it saw and imitating their heroic poses to notice that the people it was following had left. The flames flickered above the sprens head, briefly forming into a bowler hat before disappearing again. The spren had liked that hat, but it had liked the other person as well. There had been something about them, something interesting that had drawn the spren. But it couldn't remember what that had been. Something it was supposed to give? To receive?

The spren stomped its feet on the air out of frustration. Thinking was too hard, harder now than it had been but the spren had never enjoyed stopping to think anyway. Why stop to think about something when you could just do it instead? Emitting another shower of sparks, the spren zipped through the air, looking at the streets below. It reached an open square where a number of people stood around, talking. It didn't see either of the two it had seen before but it did see a group of children playing with wooden sticks. The spren paused, watching for a moment as a smaller boy fell over when his stick was hit by someone who looked almost twice his size.

The other children had mixed reactions, one held a hand out to help the fallen boy, a few others stood around laughing at the situation. But the boy ignored the offered hand, standing up by himself and picking the stick back up again.

The spren sat on a nearby rooftop, watching excitedly as the two faced off again. It lasted a little longer this time, both sticks clacking against each other with satisfying sounds but the result in the end was the same. The smaller boy lay on the ground, staring upwards. Watching from above, the spren gave an encouraging but silent cheer, a little burst of flame created a replica of the stick the boy was wielding and the spren waved it around excitedly.

Again and again the young boy stood up, but the result didn't change. The spren enjoyed his efforts though, vaguely it wondered whether it should try to give something to this boy, but it didn't feel the same. It felt like he didn't need the spren. Like he was full. Maybe he'd eaten too much? People were always eating things, maybe if they ate too much it made them all full of food and the spren couldn't fit in?

Shaking its head, the spren stepped off the roof, descending as a sudden, tiny bolt of light once again until it stood next to the boy. The children took a hasty step back, a few making loud noises, but the boy laying on the ground just stared. After a moment the other children calmed down a little, some approached it carefully, holding out hands. One held out one of those sticks and tried to poke the spren, causing it to emit a happy crackling sound as it dodged out of the way and used its own flame-stick to hit the other. But it didn't make the same noise as the two sticks that hit each other, the flame just passed through the wood and left a slight burn mark.
 

Quote

Up to you guys if you want to stumble onto that scene or not. Spren is going to be playing here for a bit.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

I assumed that Temeria would be following Aln, but if that's false, feel free to correct me.

Quote

No, you're perfectly fine.

But I'd really like to stumble onto spren, if that's alright for you? ^_^

Temeria followed Aln through the city and has her sister stayed quiet so did she. She had now idea what to talk about, knew only that talking about their past was the worst thing they could do. The air was fresh, but it wasn't really cold, warmer than Idris at least. For a while she considered different topics to talk about, but in the end she simply shook her head and gave up. Aln was living in a world of study and research and she simply couldn't keep up with that, nor did it interest her. They hadn't talked when they lived in the same house, why should they be able to after years?

She looked up at the building Aln indiciated, and exploration company? In a building that was taller than the palace of gods. Impressed she stopped in the middle of a street and looked up at the building, forgetting about the strange fast carriages that people drove here, while she tried to grasp how tall that building was. And it wasn't the only one. There were so many of them, reaching for the skies like fingers. They were like strange inhabited mountains and she could only imagine how it had to feel to stand up there, to look down over the city.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Temeria followed Aln through the city and has her sister stayed quiet so did she. She had now idea what to talk about, knew only that talking about their past was the worst thing they could do. The air was fresh, but it wasn't really cold, warmer than Idris at least. For a while she considered different topics to talk about, but in the end she simply shook her head and gave up. Aln was living in a world of study and research and she simply couldn't keep up with that, nor did it interest her. They hadn't talked when they lived in the same house, why should they be able to after years?

She looked up at the building Aln indiciated, and exploration company? In a building that was taller than the palace of gods. Impressed she stopped in the middle of a street and looked up at the building, forgetting about the strange fast carriages that people drove here, while she tried to grasp how tall that building was. And it wasn't the only one. There were so many of them, reaching for the skies like fingers. They were like strange inhabited mountains and she could only imagine how it had to feel to stand up there, to look down over the city.

Quote

Stumbling across spren sounds good. Do you want to write it?

Aln grabbed Temeria's arm and tried to pull her back onto the sidewalk. "Careful," she said. "Cars move a lot faster than carriages." Storms, she thought, There's so much my sister doesn't know. Am I to explain it all? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln grabbed Temeria's arm and tried to pull her back onto the sidewalk. "Careful," she said. "Cars move a lot faster than carriages." Storms, she thought, There's so much my sister doesn't know. Am I to explain it all? 

"Cars." Temeria repeated, tried to wrap her tongue around the strange word, allowed Aln to pull her back on the small strip next to the road, where most people walked. One of the cars rushed by and she turned her face away from the wind and followed it with her eyes. Strange things. Why didn't people simply use carriages? They were so much safer. She made sure she kept close the wall of the houses, as far away from the cars as possible. Who knew what they would do.

Hearing laughter she turned and followed the sound to a smaller square. Thankfully here were no cars, but some children were playing with sticks, fighting each other as if they were swords. Temeria observed for a while, noticed so many mistakes in their movements, that she was glad that they were only using sticks and no training weapons. And yet, it was a familiar sight, how they played, how they used their sticks. Some things obviously were the same, no matter where you were or grew up. "Look." She laughed and pointed at the small spren playing with the children. It looked like the other one had earlier, but it had no head, instead it left scorch marks on the sticks of the children. "I really like that, about this world. I missed our spren."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Cars." Temeria repeated, tried to wrap her tongue around the strange word, allowed Aln to pull her back on the small strip next to the road, where most people walked. One of the cars rushed by and she turned her face away from the wind and followed it with her eyes. Strange things. Why didn't people simply use carriages? They were so much safer. She made sure she kept close the wall of the houses, as far away from the cars as possible. Who knew what they would do.

Hearing laughter she turned and followed the sound to a smaller square. Thankfully here were no cars, but some children were playing with sticks, fighting each other as if they were swords. Temeria observed for a while, noticed so many mistakes in their movements, that she was glad that they were only using sticks and no training weapons. And yet, it was a familiar sight, how they played, how they used their sticks. Some things obviously were the same, no matter where you were or grew up. "Look." She laughed and pointed at the small spren playing with the children. It looked like the other one had earlier, but it had no head, instead it left scorch marks on the sticks of the children. "I really like that, about this world. I missed our spren."

Aln smiled at the children, who had looked up, hesitating, at their approach. "Yes, it's always a nice surprise to see one; they're not very common here. I was rather confused about finding them at all, since you rarely see a Splinter of of it's Shardworlds."

She looked thoughtfully at the spren. It was a flamespren, but there was no evidence of a fire nearby. A budding Radiant spren, then? That was even less common, particularly for those not native to Roshar, but it wasn't unheard of. It appears that one of those children will someday be a Dustbringer. 

Aln glanced over at Temeria. Should she tell her about her Truthwatcher status? She didn't want to complicate things further, but keeping her in the dark seemed worse. She sighed a bit. "We most often see spren like this when they're preparing to bond to a person and create a Knight Radiant." She gestured at the small, flickering form. "This one's a flamespren, so one of these kids will probably be a Dustbringer. Myself, I'm a Truthwatcher. I bonded Dai here." A small patch of what seemed to be reflected light crept from her pocket onto her arm, and Aln watched Temeria's reaction

@Sorana

@Voidus

Edited by Rushu42
I posted this by mistake with only two words. Apologies to anyone who saw it and was confused.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.10.2019 at 11:27 AM, Rushu42 said:

Aln smiled at the children, who had looked up, hesitating, at their approach. "Yes, it's always a nice surprise to see one; they're not very common here. I was rather confused about finding them at all, since you rarely see a Splinter of of it's Shardworlds."

She looked thoughtfully at the spren. It was a flamespren, but there was no evidence of a fire nearby. A budding Radiant spren, then? That was even less common, particularly for those not native to Roshar, but it wasn't unheard of. It appears that one of those children will someday be a Dustbringer. 

Aln glanced over at Temeria. Should she tell her about her Truthwatcher status? She didn't want to complicate things further, but keeping her in the dark seemed worse. She sighed a bit. "We most often see spren like this when they're preparing to bond to a person and create a Knight Radiant." She gestured at the small, flickering form. "This one's a flamespren, so one of these kids will probably be a Dustbringer. Myself, I'm a Truthwatcher. I bonded Dai here." A small patch of what seemed to be reflected light crept from her pocket onto her arm, and Aln watched Temeria's reaction

@Sorana

@Voidus

Quote

Sorry, I missed your edit and didn't know what to reply to a two word post.

"Torenat told me." Temeria replied, her eyes still staying with the little spren. It reminded her of the one she had seen earlier with Mac, but it had played with fire and with the bowler, this one played with sticks. A Dustbringer. She had heard stories about smoldering planes, about great and fearless fighters. The children might be a good pick, they were already training how to fight.

She wondered how it would be to be a Radiant, one of these legendary figures said to save the world and to make a stand against the Voidbringers. She forced herself to look away from the spren, turn to her sister instead. "How is it to be hero?" She asked with honest curiosity, wondered at the same time why her sister was here instead of fighting on Roshar. The fight was her duty, wasn't it? If she led a guild, she had to have the means to go back and to fight herself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Torenat told me." Temeria replied, her eyes still staying with the little spren. It reminded her of the one she had seen earlier with Mac, but it had played with fire and with the bowler, this one played with sticks. A Dustbringer. She had heard stories about smoldering planes, about great and fearless fighters. The children might be a good pick, they were already training how to fight.

She wondered how it would be to be a Radiant, one of these legendary figures said to save the world and to make a stand against the Voidbringers. She forced herself to look away from the spren, turn to her sister instead. "How is it to be hero?" She asked with honest curiosity, wondered at the same time why her sister was here instead of fighting on Roshar. The fight was her duty, wasn't it? If she led a guild, she had to have the means to go back and to fight herself.

Quote

It's fine. I had gotten interrupted while beginning to write it; I didn't realize that I had hit post until later.

"A hero? I wouldn't know. I imagine it's fulfilling."

Aln felt a pang of guilt. Did her sister imagine her as some noble warrior of ages past, simply because she had bonded a spren? You've always thought that you should be doing more with your powers, she reminded herself. 

"You do good work," piped up her spren. She glanced at him absently. Do I? It doesn't seem to have much impact. He fell silent, clearly not in the mood for an argument, and she shook her head. "I call myself a Knight Radiant," she spoke aloud, "but that's not really accurate. That name belongs to the ancient orders. I'm just a Surgebinder."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"A hero? I wouldn't know. I imagine it's fulfilling."

Aln felt a pang of guilt. Did her sister imagine her as some noble warrior of ages past, simply because she had bonded a spren? You've always thought that you should be doing more with your powers, she reminded herself. 

"You do good work," piped up her spren. She glanced at him absently. Do I? It doesn't seem to have much impact. He fell silent, clearly not in the mood for an argument, and she shook her head. "I call myself a Knight Radiant," she spoke aloud, "but that's not really accurate. That name belongs to the ancient orders. I'm just a Surgebinder."

Confused Temeria gestured at the spren. "Didn't you just say, that you are a Truthwatcher?" She asked and tried to understand the difference. "I tought they belonged to the ancient orders." With a shrug she added. "But I can be mistaken. I haven't heard the legends of our world in a long while."

She looked back at the spren and it reminded her of Mac. Better get that done before she forgot about it. "Could you show me the way to an Alley? Or at least a place where I can contact some of them?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Confused Temeria gestured at the spren. "Didn't you just say, that you are a Truthwatcher?" She asked and tried to understand the difference. "I tought they belonged to the ancient orders." With a shrug she added. "But I can be mistaken. I haven't heard the legends of our world in a long while."

She looked back at the spren and it reminded her of Mac. Better get that done before she forgot about it. "Could you show me the way to an Alley? Or at least a place where I can contact some of them?"

Aln unconsciously rubbed at her forehead. "It would not be incorrect to call me a Truthwatcher. I was merely being pedantic." She glanced around. "Look, Temeria, it's great that you want to tell the DA about Mac, but I really don't think it's a good idea. They're dangerous and incredibly powerful, and they don't take well to meddling."

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln unconsciously rubbed at her forehead. "It would not be incorrect to call me a Truthwatcher. I was merely being pedantic." She glanced around. "Look, Temeria, it's great that you want to tell the DA about Mac, but I really don't think it's a good idea. They're dangerous and incredibly powerful, and they don't take well to meddling."

 

"I don't want to meddle." Temeria protested. "Don't you want to know, if one of yours vanished, or decided to leave?" She asked, shook her head unwillingly. Still the way Aln insisted made her take her words seriously. Mac had spoken about being a god, about his guild having created the world. And Temeria didn't know enough to discard a warning, so she had to consider the fact that Aln was right. She probably was taking things too seriously, but Temeria was able to defend herself. She didn't doubt that she would be fine. Ther ehad to be a way. "Is there a harmless way to talk to them? A place to leave a note, or maybe some contact person?" She inquired, unsure if it was about contacting them in general, or if Aln was afraid to meet them.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I don't want to meddle." Temeria protested. "Don't you want to know, if one of yours vanished, or decided to leave?" She asked, shook her head unwillingly. Still the way Aln insisted made her take her words seriously. Mac had spoken about being a god, about his guild having created the world. And Temeria didn't know enough to discard a warning, so she had to consider the fact that Aln was right. She probably was taking things too seriously, but Temeria was able to defend herself. She didn't doubt that she would be fine. Ther ehad to be a way. "Is there a harmless way to talk to them? A place to leave a note, or maybe some contact person?" She inquired, unsure if it was about contacting them in general, or if Aln was afraid to meet them.

 

Quote

To be perfectly honest, I myself have no idea how to contact the DA. It doesn't seem unlikely that Aln wouldn't either, though.

"I don't know," said Aln. "They have eyes in many places. It's very possible that they've already heard. I think the safest option is to advertise it in the paper. I'm sure they'll see it." 

Aln looked up at the sky. A faint bit of red had begun to tinge the horizon, signifying the approach of twilight. Storms, I really hope Temeria doesn't get mixed up with the DA, she thought. I've been lucky enough to stay largely out of that mess until now. She remembered her sister's earlier question. "Don't you want to know if one of yours vanished, or decided to leave?" An image flashed into her mind of a cheerful young man who spoke through a spren. It had taken her months to figure out what had had to him, but she had tracked down the truth eventually. He had been spiked by Voidus for stepping into the wrong Alley. 

Aln let her gaze rest back on Temeria's face. She wanted to change the subject, to forestall further argument. "Are you hungry?" She asked, using the first diversion that came to mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Walk into an alley and talk about how you're interested in finding the DA, or ask for a denizen by name. The second is probably safer, since you have a higher change of getting someone you want, and who doesn't just spike you.

If you're interested in finding the DA, I can probably arrange for a meeting with Kumiko and KanMien?

 

Edited by kenod
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.