Lord of the Rings Guild

I don't think one is better than the other (the movies at least) (Though TFA, TLJ, and TROS are absolutely terrible and I don't like considering them canon)

I enjoy watching LOTR and reading the books. I enjoy watching star wars. I don't get much into either. They're both great in their own ways. Though I like fantasy more than sci-fi.

16 hours ago, Telrao said:

I LOVE THE BOOKS

I LOVE THE MOVIES

I LOVE TOLKIEN

PROBABLY TOO MUCH

AND REFER TO THEM IN RANDOM SITUATIONS

*EXCITEDLY THROWS LOTR THEMED MUFFINS*

TOLKIEN IS GREAT.

BESIDES BRANDERSON I IDOLIZE HIM.

I WANT TO LEARN ELVISH.

I MADE A 50 QUESTION BLOOKET ABOUT LOTR.

15 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

TOLKIEN IS GREAT.

BESIDES BRANDERSON I IDOLIZE HIM.

I WANT TO LEARN ELVISH.

I ALSO WANT TO LEARN ELVISH

ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I WANT TO LEARN QUENYA OR THE SILVAN ELF ONE :DDD

I WANT TO LIVE IN A HOBBIT HOUSE ONE DAY

AND LEARN HOW TO USE A BOW

AND HAVE A SWORD

*excitement*

7 hours ago, Telrao said:

I ALSO WANT TO LEARN ELVISH

ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I WANT TO LEARN QUENYA OR THE SILVAN ELF ONE :DDD

I WANT TO LIVE IN A HOBBIT HOUSE ONE DAY

AND LEARN HOW TO USE A BOW

AND HAVE A SWORD

*excitement*

I think the Silvan one is called Sindarin. Also, that can be fun. Never understood why High Valerian is an option in Duolingo but Quenia and Sindarin aren't. The Hobbit house thing sounds fun, too!

Someone said that the Harry Potter books were better than Lotr and I was like "um... that's your opinion. sure." we had an argument, but it was friendly. Then... then he said the Harry Potter movies were better than the LOTR Movies. That's when we started really having an argument. 

40 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Someone said that the Harry Potter books were better than Lotr and I was like "um... that's your opinion. sure." we had an argument, but it was friendly. Then... then he said the Harry Potter movies were better than the LOTR Movies. That's when we started really having an argument. 

Hmm. That's a hard argument. LOTR is good, but I prefer Harry Potter just because I do. I haven't seen all the LOTR though.

1 minute ago, Gregorio said:

Hmm. That's a hard argument. LOTR is good, but I prefer Harry Potter just because I do. I haven't seen all the LOTR though.

I know why someone would say the Harry Potter books are better than the Lotr books. It makes perfect sense. But the Harry Potter movies better than the LOTR ones? That's blasphemy... 

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I know why someone would say the Harry Potter books are better than the Lotr books. It makes perfect sense. But the Harry Potter movies better than the LOTR ones? That's blasphemy... 

Ok. You might have a point there. In comparison, I kinda agree. The harry potter books left out a little too much for me to like them as much as the books.

7 hours ago, Gregorio said:

Ok. You might have a point there. In comparison, I kinda agree. The harry potter books left out a little too much for me to like them as much as the books.

Also, why the heck are the elves in the Harry Potter movies so weird? They go against every single stereotypical elf in existence. Why not call them gremlins? Wouldn't that make more sense???

23 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Also, why the heck are the elves in the Harry Potter movies so weird? They go against every single stereotypical elf in existence. Why not call them gremlins? Wouldn't that make more sense???

You are actually wrong. Rowling's house-elves are based on the fairy tale "the Shoemaker and the elves". Tolkienian elves go against those tropes to get to a different, perhaps older, version of elves, but Rowling's version has its origins.

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

You are actually wrong. Rowling's house-elves are based on the fairy tale "the Shoemaker and the elves". Tolkienian elves go against those tropes to get to a different, perhaps older, version of elves, but Rowling's version has its origins.

Ah, indeed. Thaz true, now that I think about it a bit more ~

I guess I get the idea of elves from the modern day Tolkien stereotype - not the ancient version. Though those more highlight faeries and fay.

Let's just say... there are a lot of different elf species :P