King Aragorn of Gondor

Lord of the Rings Guild

69 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Rigth? Its' amanzgi!

:wacko::wacko:

That's the closest to a vomiting emoticon that we have.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, DramaQueen said:

:wacko::wacko:

That's the closest to a vomiting emoticon that we have.

Now DrmaaQueen, feel Frsutartoin.

Spoiler

Wow it works really well.

Spoiler

Sorry my Champion, but it must be done.

3 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I love the lord of the rings!

Alright men

List all the similarities between Taln, and Turin.

They are both the greatest fighters in history! And their pasts were tortured maybe?

One of a kind swords, that come from somewhere off world. (sort of)

Posted (edited)

I recently watched all the parts of the Lord of the Rings movie and read the books. I feel really bad that I didn't do it sooner. It's a great universe, and I only realized that now. I used to treat the Lord of the Rings as something stupid and pointless, but now I take back all my words and thoughts. I enjoyed it so much that I want to reread the books repeatedly. I also started to like dragons and everything to do with them. I even bought some figurines at https://dragon-vibe.com/. All in all, The Lord of the Rings pleasantly surprised me.

Edited by qasder

Fell in love with the books as a kid.  Mixed feelings about the films.  Am I in? 

*wistful look* And that worldbuilding. Sooo good! 

I am joining this. I have read/watched practically everything. Tolkien in the best*. No one can convince me otherwise. 

*not including Brandon Sanderson

Wy me no get replyz?  :huh:

On 8/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

I am joining this. I have read/watched practically everything. Tolkien in the best*. No one can convince me otherwise. 

*not including Brandon Sanderson

SAME.

(Actually I like Tolkien even better than Sanderson, but Sanderson is my favorite living author.)

7 hours ago, fuzzyairplant said:

SAME.

(Actually I like Tolkien even better than Sanderson, but Sanderson is my favorite living author.)

I once had a teacher who didn’t like Tolkien. 

I made meme after meme (In a somewhat threatening manner, if I’m being honest) stating that he should like LOTR.

On 20.7.2022 at 8:51 PM, Coolmint said:

Fell in love with the books as a kid.  Mixed feelings about the films.  Am I in? 

I'd have endorsed you, but I wasn't approved yet myself as a LotR fan here. I watched the movies a long time ago, and plan to maybe rewatch them someday, but not liking the films is fine, I should think.

Everybody should read LotR. But sadly, pushing them to do so tends to make them less willing.

I like Tom Bombadil, but he broke my cousin. He never finished LotR due to him - well, partially. My sister survived him, but couldn't bring herself to get to Rivendel. For some, LotR is too long and tedious. Doesn't make it any less good, though.

Not liking the films is a little different from mixed feelings.  Some things were very well done.  The actors were fantastic.  Some of the re-writes, eh.  

I still find it incredible Aragorn (because I will never call the actors by their real names) actually learned how to use a sword...

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I still find it incredible Aragorn (because I will never call the actors by their real names) actually learned how to use a sword...

I read somewhere that his instructor said he was one of the most talented swordsmen he'd ever trained!

He also had a lot of practical input into his Ranger costume (like making sure he had a small bow so he could hunt while traveling in the wild), and he did a lot of the repairs himself so it would look more authentic.

There was a time when actors, even college theater students, were trained in swordplay.  I guess that is no longer the usual.