Just now, TheBlueTaco said:

So, when a radiant manifests its spren into a weapon it can be any weapon they want. I know during the reckoning that the knights gave up their spren in blade form, but wouldn't there be at least a few other weapons lying around from other knights who abandoned their oaths?

not likely. The spren were mimicking the Honorblades, which are swords. Swords are the natural form of a Shardweapon, because that's what they are mimicking. A Radiant can change the form, but sword is automatic. 

They went back into "default form" when the knights broke their oaths.  Will post WoB momentarily.

Here

Words of Radiance Houston signing (March 11, 2014)
#5 Share Copy

Questioner (paraphrased)

Why were all the Shardblades swords when they can take on any weapon form they want? Would they all revert to swords when they die?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

When they die they'd revert to the basic form which was a sword since they were patterned after Honorblades.

Edited by Karger

Lift's spren turned into a "rod" because he doesnt like to hurt people and so chose a form without an edge, but I got the impression it was basically a round stick on a sword hilt.  Either way that would most likely still be in the realm of consciously chosen form the way Syl and Kaladin favor the Shardspear.  Regardless of the spren's opinion or the spren race, etc. the Nahel Bond, the Radiants, et al were still modeled off the original dynamic between Herald and their Honorblades, so I dont think the opinion of hte spren is going to override that base code (especially after the spren dies)

On 10/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, Kalaksbreath said:

this is somewhat unrelated but what if a radiant wants to manifest a bow would they have to use their own arrows or could the spren manifest as both a bow and arrows.  

There are a number of threads dealing with this topic. The general consensus was that shard weapons are inflexible and can’t be split into multiple parts. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, Scion of the Mists said:

There are a number of threads dealing with this topic. The general consensus was that shard weapons are inflexible and can’t be split into multiple parts. 

Oh... I really thought that rock is going to get a shardbow and arrows :(

• Chaos locked this topic