Hello friends!

JoeyMcFlow

Just decided to sign up here now, because I'm trying to thoroughly blow whats left of my mind. I've up to date on Stormlight, including Edgedancer, I've read Warbreaker and Mistborn era 1, started Alloy of Law, and have read the parts of Arcanum Unbounded that i can read based on where i am. Also started the Elantris audiobook, but i for some reason cannot handle the narrator, so I'm thinking about buying the paperback.

Looking forward to becoming more cosmere aware! Have a good day :)

47 minutes ago, JoeyMcFlow said:

Just decided to sign up here now, because I'm trying to thoroughly blow whats left of my mind. I've up to date on Stormlight, including Edgedancer, I've read Warbreaker and Mistborn era 1, started Alloy of Law, and have read the parts of Arcanum Unbounded that i can read based on where i am. Also started the Elantris audiobook, but i for some reason cannot handle the narrator, so I'm thinking about buying the paperback.

Welcome to the Shard! What is your favorite magic system?

Thank you! :) I'd have to say I find Surgebinding to be my favourite, mainly because of the Nahel Bond and how the surgebinders evolve their abilities as they learn more about their ideals. I'm into personal development and improving yourself with deliberate choices, and so the Knight's Radiant is just way up my alley. Making your choices because they are right, not because they are easy, and get rewarded with magic powers. Sign me up dudes.

BioChromatic Breath intrigues me. It took me a while with Warbreaker to start liking it, but when I warmed up to it (Or figured it out maybe) I started loving it fast. Mostly because of its potential. Like, whatever the story is around Nightblood and how it ties into Investiture is one of the elements of the Cosmere I'm most curious about.

Also shout out to the synergy between Allomancy, Hemalurgy and Feruchemistry. How he managed to put three magic systems in one world that is so similar in base mechanics, yet so different in it's application impressed me. I'm now learning about Twinborns from reading era two and it hasn't given me that "holy snap this is awesome" revelation yet, but I have a feeling it's going to blow my mind at some point too.

It's def Surgebinding, but it's all just so good.

Edited by JoeyMcFlow

19 hours ago, JoeyMcFlow said:

Hey @JoeyMcFlow! Welcome to the Shard! Hope to see you around the forums :lol:

On 10/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, JoeyMcFlow said:

Thank you! :) I'd have to say I find Surgebinding to be my favourite, mainly because of the Nahel Bond and how the surgebinders evolve their abilities as they learn more about their ideals. I'm into personal development and improving yourself with deliberate choices, and so the Knight's Radiant is just way up my alley. Making your choices because they are right, not because they are easy, and get rewarded with magic powers. Sign me up dudes.

BioChromatic Breath intrigues me. It took me a while with Warbreaker to start liking it, but when I warmed up to it (Or figured it out maybe) I started loving it fast. Mostly because of its potential. Like, whatever the story is around Nightblood and how it ties into Investiture is one of the elements of the Cosmere I'm most curious about.

Also shout out to the synergy between Allomancy, Hemalurgy and Feruchemistry. How he managed to put three magic systems in one world that is so similar in base mechanics, yet so different in it's application impressed me. I'm now learning about Twinborns from reading era two and it hasn't given me that "holy snap this is awesome" revelation yet, but I have a feeling it's going to blow my mind at some point too.

It's def Surgebinding, but it's all just so good.

Welcome to the Shard, @JoeyMcFlow!

Surgebinding is pretty awesome, which Order is your favourite?