Are twinborn combos limited ?

Friendshipspren

Now it has been said there are 256 possible twinborn combos but is that true ? 

It seems to me a twinborn can access only a metal within a quadrant.

Wax has access to A-steel and F-iron. Both belong to the physical quadrant.

Wayne has access to A-bendalloy and F-gold. Both are hybrid metals.

Miles is a compounder so obviously he has access to only 1 quadrant. 

It kinda makes sense as metal within a quadrant have more in common than those without.

So then I guess the twinborn are limited to the quadrants , in which case the no of combos would be 4(4*4)=64 .

Of course we have only seen 3 twinborn so far. So my theory could be wrong. But I think it's likely that  quadrants play a role.

Screenshot_2019-10-02-17-15-04-102.jpeg

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

I think it was said that Wax is only the second steel/iron twinborn recorded. If twinborn combinations are restricted to be within the same quadrant, I feel like steel/iron would be a lot more common, especially because Allomantic steel is one of the most common misting powers.

6 minutes ago, Artemos said:

I think it was said that Wax is only the second steel/iron twinborn recorded. If twinborn combinations are restricted to be within the same quadrant, I feel like steel/iron would be a lot more common, especially because Allomantic steel is one of the most common misting powers.

That's a lot of it, I think.  Ferruchemy where always rare thanks to the Lord Ruler, and has only declines and diluted since they ended their Era1 isolation.  The odds of having any feruchemy is pretty rare, and since Feruchemy and Allomancy genes compete, it is the rarest of rares to actually have both.  

IN general on the OP, right now I think it's really just a coincidence, but I could easily be wrong.  I just dont think we have enough datapoints to say either way, not just yet.  Of the three twinborn we've seen, both Wax and Miles had combo's that were uniquely functional together, so it could just be Rule-Of-Cool coincidence. But the examples we have do fit that pattern, so it could still prove true

• Chaos locked this topic