Inktober 2019 (AKA CBST Nostalgia Art)

Here's day two: prompt is "Mindless." I've based it on this quote from TLT.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:30 AM, xinoehp512 said:

...Narrator Pheonix stood stiff and statuesque. Only the two lines of tears running down his face gave any indication he was alive at all.

20191002_164459.thumb.jpg.bc5f52eafc71285679d7d714216f61ef.jpg

I was able to find a tool that smudges ink, kinda like a blender for a pencil, and that helped me significantly. You also might notice that I've changed Pheo's character design. Pheo is really hard to draw because his eyes are so unique - when I first designed him I wanted him to look slightly bird-like. I didn't like the tunic because it forced me to draw his legs and I suck at legs, so it's good that I don't really have to deal with that anymore. I also changed his hair a little bit - it makes more sense that it'd go up without any sort of bang in the front. It is fire after all. :P Plus, his hair is the other reason why he's so storming hard to draw. Anyway, I really enjoyed drawing this one, I'm excited for tomorrow's!

For today's prompt, "Freeze" I've done something a little more creative. There is a way that Ember can be killed, but it's very, very hard to accomplish. However, if you want to incapacitate her, you can simply - and, really, it is quite simple - dump a bunch of water cold on her. And I mean a BUNCH of cold water. You have to be a Narrator to be able to do it. Enough water for a long enough time and you get an Ember-shaped piece of metal and volcanic rock. Lifeless and, of course, frozen. Originally, I was going to draw her dripping shell, but I decided that would be a bit too hard and went with the moment before the water starts to fall. 

Ember is really annoying to draw because of how much shading she requires, so I decided to make good use of my ink smudger which you can see. All in all, I'm pretty proud of this. 

20191004_182900.thumb.jpg.27c12127f1716d3d8c15070938af0f05.jpg

Edited by Shard of Thought

I was so excited and happy about how yesterday's artwork turned out, that I did today's art yesterday! It's already finished! For "Enchanted" I give you Sophie singing True Love's Kiss, which is from the movie Enchanted. She herself was also under an "enchantment" of sorts at the time. 

Sophie herself has been a very fun character for me. Having a character be so self-aware that their "fandom" is the very world they live in is so awesome. I'm not sure if she will join CBST or not - I hope she does, but she's scared to death of that possibility at the moment. 

On 9/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, Shard of Thought said:

I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss, SoT sang. Her voice was quiet, but echoed in the air around her, low and almost haunting. She continued to hum, not really knowing what she was doing. The tune just... came to her. 

20191007_151253.thumb.jpg.65a494da264a1e66aec978ac0aebd890.jpg

Today's prompt is "Frail" and for it, I've decided to do what is arguably my favorite scene in all of CBST. I am of course talking about when Star hugged Shadow. Shards, Star and her magic hugs, am I right? I was a little lazy on this one - I just inked over a doodled I had done as practice. Hugs are hard, you guys. Hands are hard. Clothing folds are hard. But depression is hard too, isn't it, Shadow? It's why those moments when you are soft and frail are so precious. :wub:

20191008_163936.thumb.jpg.9cce8abc8c6f2a7a263d16efcff2a895.jpg

Okay, I am seriously so proud of this one and so excited to share it with everyone! Today's prompt is "Swing" and I've drawn Xino, the tried and true. That's his title now, I'm calling it. :D I was surprised to learn that he has glasses just yesterday - kind of embarrassing, considering he's been around for as long as Star has. Xino has always been this sort of larger than life character, so I tried to turn that on its head. He's wearing a T-shirt and jeans and the edge of his shirt is coming up as he's going to swing. Yet the bracers and flaming sword scream that he's more than just a regular person. It's no wonder Sophie has a crush on this boy, he's a keeper. 

20191009_174041.thumb.jpg.e1038e48b05323029ab26690c4a9355c.jpg

Here's for today's prompt, "Snow"! A while back, I imagined how cool it would be for Ember to fight in the rain - it would be all misty and epic. Then I thought about how much she would enjoy snow if it didn't melt on her. Armor is always the answer to that. She doesn't really like wearing it, but she utilizes it well. Anyway, the joy on her face is precious, especially considering what's been happening on CBST recently... :unsure:

IMG_1959.thumb.jpg.0ffa2c0cb5eb0e862cd7431f52935178.jpg

I'm going to be honest, I had no idea what to do for "Dragon." I was going to draw Thought's spear, with a dragon carved into it, but that seemed... hard. Animals are not my forte. But then I stumbled upon this lovely thing.

5da2659a2dbfe_Screenshot2019-10-06at9_57_01AM.jpg.1f7530aa946a51a89f4c45998d542eed.jpg

And so I decided to do my most stubborn character - The strong, the graceful, the beautiful Shard of Thought!

20191012_183844.thumb.jpg.8d8f84062850d60711e7acb39d61550b.jpg

Today I am proud to present Heather, in her new Inquisitor garb for "Ash". *sigh* It's sad - I liked her suspenders. :P Wardrobe changes are acceptable, I suppose. Star herself is getting a redo when she wakes up. But anyway, I draw Heather a lot don't I? Her hair is just so convenient - I don't have to worry about symmetry! 

20191013_171145.thumb.jpg.8a7bc759bbbd62c01acf55735b24c285.jpg

I have a gift for all of you! Early post! I finished "Overgrown" this morning. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Sunlight streamed through the huge windows, birds fluttering around in the rafters. Astral’s old throne still sat on the dais, black and decaying, but overgrown with flowers. It was a place of beauty now.

Makes it look like Star has defeated Astral, put the past behind her, doesn't it? Well... that past is sulking around on TLT. And she's got an agenda. 

All hail the Queen of Shadows...

20191014_082155.thumb.jpg.fcaa8c6e21db34bae9a8031e24cac100.jpg

You guys, I finished this one yesterday and I'm pretty sure it might be the best thing I've ever drawn. Do you remember when Star was all badchull and epic? When she literally wore a top made of Shardplate? I do. I hope Pheo knows what he's getting into, this woman can kick butt! (not that she would ever kick Butt :P) Today's prompt is "Legend" and Star is certainly fitting. 

5da5bc1b91c20_TheLedgend.thumb.jpg.1b6a71136bf6fd32551925d05e8f2278.jpg

While the last drawing shows her in her shining majesty, this one shows Star in a more... raw light. Today's prompt is "Wild" which immediately reminded me of this scene from CBST.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Narrator Jay used his control over the Void to keep the screaming woman from moving too much. Her hands were bound behind her back and Luna attempted to gag her, but she bit his hand and he backed away. Her blue eyes were tinged red at the edges and looked around frantically. She was angry, yes, but in the same way that a newly caged animal might get aggressive - at the end of the day, in the depths of her heart, all she felt was fear. Jaywalk got off his throne and plucked Star’s black iron crown from off her head of frizzled blonde hair. She growled threateningly. 

“I’d be careful  if I were you,” a by-standing Narrator warned Jay.

“Oh, she can’t hurt me here,” he assured them. “Not in my domain.” Jaywalk waved his hand and her growls were cut off as she began to choke. Her eyes pleaded for air and her body quivered. “Are you going to submit, Star?” After a few long seconds, her airways were unblocked again and she gasped.

“Never,” came her growled reply. She spit at his feet. 

“We’ll see about that.” With a snap of his fingers, Star was locked in a cage, her silver Shardplate having been replaced by a t-shirt and jeans. The cage was only just large enough to hold her; she could barely kneel with her back straight and not hit her head on the top. “Don’t bother Narrating. It’s locked with Silence. Anyway, have a nice existence.” As he left, Star scrambled forward, clinging to the bars. 

“THAT WAS NOT A FAIR FIGHT!” she yelled. “Come back and do it right! Jaywalk! Do it RIGHT!”  There was no response. Her hands slid down the bars to the floor and she bowed her back, sobbing. 

While it was only a possibility, it was a very real one for Star when she tried to take over TLT. In her mind, a cage was where she was headed and a cage was what she deserved. Thanks to Pheo for showing the poor girl the truth. 

20191016_165541.thumb.jpg.573f050ab99c7eb454a464c60626e762.jpg

Today's is simple, but it's pretty nostalgic, at least for me. For the prompt "Ornament" I give you Thought with her amethyst necklace. 

On 3/2/2019 at 6:15 PM, beantheboy12 said:

AJ ducked into the alley with Thought close behind him. A patrol of village police officers patrolled past. A close call. He thought. They almost found us. He waited a moment, and then stepped out of the alley. The market wasn't that far off. He preferred to stay in this village for as little time as possible so he ran out, holding a hood to his face, towards the nearest vender's booth. Jewelry. That wouldn't help. Though Thought might like it. He walked to a corner and waited for the vender's back to be turned to create a portal to grab a beautiful amethyst necklace. He examined it and gave it to her.

Oh, if only things were still that simple. But ignorance is truly bliss, isn't it Tamika?

On 9/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Tamika's fingers found the amethyst jewels of her necklace. Why did she even have this anymore? AJ was gone. She didn't need him, she had Tom. Tom, who cares more about helping that 'Narrator Star' than me. Because of his projects. Always in his own head. What am I to him anymore? He's just glad you're here because he... She couldn't finish. She loved him. She loved him so much her heart ached. It was just... complicated. Everything was complicated, life was complicated, being a Shard was complicated, even dancing was complicated. And love, that... that was more than just complicated. It was powerful too. Powerful enough that she had tried to replicate it as a Shard. And failed. Again. And again. And again. Every time, she had failed. Even with AJ, she had failed. He was dead. He was dead, storm it. 

In a burst of anger, she pulled the necklace off of her, staring at her reflection in the jems' surface. Memories rose within her. But before she could cry, she screamed, throwing the necklace as hard as she could against the mirror. The mirror cracked and she raised her hands to her mouth, paling. "Oh my..." she muttered. She glanced at the floor. The necklace lay in pieces. "I'm sorry," she said, voice muffled by her fingers. Tears began to stream down her face. "I'm sorry..." She knelt, stretching a hand out to touch the necklace.... but before her fingers could even touch its chain, she bowed her back, sobbing. Tom, she thought, desperate. Come to me. Come hold me.

All depressing things aside, this is without a doubt the best depiction of Tamika I have ever done. She's gorgeous. That's the point. It's no wonder she has not one, not two, but three men after her. I'm proud to call her my character.

20191017_181127.thumb.jpg.709d1dce08a3ad64a30e8e748ee446d1.jpg

For today's prompt "Misfit" who could be better than Sophie?

On 10/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"I can't swing a sword worth crem and every time there's confrontation I get so scared and I run away and hide... Star wouldn't do that. Ember, Thought... But I'm just Sophie."

On 10/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, xinoehp512 said:

I assume you do not consider that a virtue?

On 10/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"And you do?" she said, exasperated. "Nobody wants to read about a Character Theory nerd..."

20191018_151906.thumb.jpg.0ce589d360ed1648fce38b30cbfea433.jpg