The Catacendre and Hoid

Greeagle

Hello all,

I recently reread Era 2 and was thinking about whether or not Hoid would have been on Scadrial during the Catacendre. My assumption would be yes, based on the timing of his use of the perpendicularity in Mistborn Secret History. If this is true is it possible that he stayed on Scadrial up until he is seen in Era 2 with the coin? I could not find any indication one way or the other. Is there any known evidence for his presence/absence?

Thanks for the great forum.

22 minutes ago, Greeagle said:

Hello all,

I recently reread Era 2 and was thinking about whether or not Hoid would have been on Scadrial during the Catacendre. My assumption would be yes, based on the timing of his use of the perpendicularity in Mistborn Secret History. If this is true is it possible that he stayed on Scadrial up until he is seen in Era 2 with the coin? I could not find any indication one way or the other. Is there any known evidence for his presence/absence?

Thanks for the great forum.

Hoid would not've been on Scadrial the entire time between the Catacendre and Era 2 because: (Stormlight Archive Spoilers)

Spoiler

Hoid is a relatively major character in SA (King's Wit), which is set before Era 2. It's implied that he came to Roshar a while before SA because the Horneaters have a legend about him and think he is a god. Although maybe he just came once before.

5 hours ago, Greeagle said:

Makes sense, thanks. I did not realize that SA started between the two eras of Mistborn. So at some point post-Catacendre he was able to get off world and then back again for Era 2.

Yep! We know there is a perpendicularity thanks to a broadsheet entry in one of the books. Who that belongs to (be it a leftover from one of the two original Shards, or if it's Harmony's new one) we don't know yet.

4 hours ago, The traveller said:

what colour would be Harmony's perpendicularity?

In the broadsheet article discussed above, Lady Nicelle Sauvage says that she was lost in the mountains south of the Southern roughs and found a pool of “the most perfect blue.” This assumes that this pool is the actual perpendicularity.

Edited by Greeagle
Spelling

• Chaos locked this topic