Hello guys

Honorless

Hello guys, fellow Sanderson fan here, been reading the posts here for a long while, finally decided to join in.

Hope you all don't mind if i point out a few cool things i noticed that haven't been pointed out (i think)

Narak - the city in the Shattered Plains, is the name of the Hindu equivalent for Hell

On a similar note, Kaladin's name can be taken to mean 'Black Day' in Hindi

Renarin is kinda growing on me, looking forward to his Truthwatcher vows & powers. I thought that the future sight could make sense with the two Truthwatcher Surges if seen as 'Illumination *of* Progression', don't know what to think with the Book 3 reveals

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

Hello guys, fellow Sanderson fan here, been reading the posts here for a long while, finally decided to join in.

Hope you all don't mind if i point out a few cool things i noticed that haven't been pointed out (i think)

Narak - the city in the Shattered Plains, is the name of the Hindu equivalent for Hell

On a similar note, Kaladin's name can be taken to mean 'Black Day' in Hindi

Renarin is kinda growing on me, looking forward to his Truthwatcher vows & powers. I thought that the future sight could make sense with the two Truthwatcher Surges if seen as 'Illumination *of* Progression', don't know what to think with the Book 3 reveals

Hey @Honorless. Great catch on those, hope to see you share more round the forums!

Is it Stormlight you've read or have you read any other Cosmere novels?

12 hours ago, Honorless said:

Sorry @Wander89 and @Aragorn, it didn't occur to me to mention or quote you in my responses so that you get pinged when I replied, I am still new here.

I also noticed you taking the time to  respond to other introduction threads, that's very kind of you

It's always good to feel welcome!

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2019 at 1:20 PM, Honorless said:

Slightly different than most people, i assume... I really liked reading Alendi's journals, also got attached to Preservation (Leras). I would love a classical era Scadrial novel

On 9/30/2019 at 2:43 PM, Honorless said:

Sorry @Wander89 and @Aragorn, it didn't occur to me to mention or quote you in my responses so that you get pinged when I replied, I am still new here.

I also noticed you taking the time to  respond to other introduction threads, that's very kind of you

Welcome to the Shard:P

Administrators tend to frown on it when people double post (that is when you post twice without another user posting in between your posts). 

15 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

Welcome to the Shard:P

Administrators tend to frown on it when people double post (that is when you post twice without another user posting in between your posts). 

How in the heccing hecc did u dig this out! It's over a year old! Now that's some dedication to leg-pulling! :P