How do you want Maya to return to live?

Hakedohn

I would like Sja-anat to 'Enlighten' Maya. If that can be done to dead spren I'd expect the old bond to no longer be linked to the dead spren because of the spren's new form/identity, restoring them.

Edited by chef_inspector
spelling/grammar

I would like her to progress steadily toward full sapience but not give Adolin any radiant abilities.  I would like some mechanical changes like a faster draw time and maybe armor summoning.  Afterwards I want Adolin to open a school where he will teach others to do the same.

@Karger ok I like the idea

but I can’t see how she can be revived without reswearing of the oaths by someone. 

And if oaths are sworn again, then surges will be granted, won’t it? 

Besides I don’t mind if adolin becomes edgedancer, elend became mistborn.. I think this is a book about KRs and heralds

adolin may even have broken enough after murdering sadeas and with the truth about his mother, I don’t know may be that will shook him even more. 

I also think he already seems the type. Listening to those who are forgotten etc he saved the darklady in twok, he went to jail in order to give voice to kaladin s wrongful imprisonment, he is very friendly with soldiers, water crews etc 

i mean he just fits. 

Abd where there are spren it attracts more spren 

so it is logical that so many kholins become radiants

besides gavilar never realised what he could become

elhokar could not even reach first oath

renarin has bonded a corrupted spren 

15 hours ago, The traveller said:

@Karger ok I like the idea

but I can’t see how she can be revived without reswearing of the oaths by someone. 

And if oaths are sworn again, then surges will be granted, won’t it? 

Besides I don’t mind if adolin becomes edgedancer, elend became mistborn.. I think this is a book about KRs and heralds

adolin may even have broken enough after murdering sadeas and with the truth about his mother, I don’t know may be that will shook him even more. 

I also think he already seems the type. Listening to those who are forgotten etc he saved the darklady in twok, he went to jail in order to give voice to kaladin s wrongful imprisonment, he is very friendly with soldiers, water crews etc 

i mean he just fits. 

We know re-swearing the oaths, if you are not the original knight, is not enough to revive a spren. Not saying that is what you are saying, but it could also mean swearing the oaths is not necessarily needed to revive a spren either. 

16 hours ago, The traveller said:

The Stormfather seems to indicate that just re-swearing will not do the job as he says "I know of no way" in response to Dalinar asking if he can figure out how to revive Oathbringer and as the spren of Oaths I think he would know.  Also I believe that re-swearing oaths if you are not the original Radiant is confirmed by WoB.

Spoiler

But the entire team did not become Mistborn(and I personally found that problematic anyway)

Also this is an SA thread.  Spoiler tags are a good idea.

Everyone is broken one way or another.  I still don't want him getting surges.

He is the type that is why I think he would be a good mach to revive the blade.

Actually Radiance just runs in families the way certain habits or a desire to go into a specific profession does.  It is not just geographic.  The Kholins have learned many skills and ways of thinking from each other by exposure and those unconsciously lead to spren bonding.

We don't realy know that.

Because he was killed.

So?

I fail to see how the last three are relevant.  I also happen to think it would take away from Adolin's role in the story for him to be a Radinat.  This is my opinion not something that has to be true.

I would love to see Adolin become a radiant. But it should be in a kaladin style moment, he is backed against wall with only his sword in hand. He swears the oath bursts with power and we a treated to an awesome but kicking scene. I don't know why but I always see Adolin as a young Obiwan Kenobi type character. 

But that means that only reswearing the oaths is not enough there has to more that you need to do

but re-swearing the oaths is certainly part of the precess is what I believe and that part will give surges

what I think is that he will be something more than a normal shardbearer but definitely a different kind of radiant 

but saying that the only thing that will change is that his shardboade would appear sooner is just sad. There has to be more to it. 

On 9/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, Ahriman said:

I don't want it to happen at all. Let him keep a blade that's almost conscious if he must, but I have no interest in seeing anyone come back from the dead. I also don't want Adolin to be anything approaching a Knight Radiant.

Agreed with @Ahriman, partly.

Don't want more Kholin Radiants. (sorry Adolin, sorry Navani) They're perfect just as they are. If they were magical too... 

While I do want Maya to heal I believe that in stories some things should remain impossible to achieve, no matter how much better things might be if they were possible.

Maybe, he talks to Maya throughout and finally in Book 10 she comes back but as a friend not his Nahel Bond spren granting him Radiancy. She's bound to have trauma at this point. They might have a little talk at the Epilogue... yes, I can already picture it. That would be more beautiful.

• Chaos locked this topic