Did Hoid eat worms?

Hakedohn

Has anyone asked what would happen if other creators ate the worms from patji’s fingers?  More specifically, I would like to know what would happen if a Larkin ate it and what would happen if a human ate the worms. Remember Hoid is on a journey to collect all the signature investments he can. Do we know if Hoid has already been eating some yummy worms?

The Aviar's biology evolved with the worms into a symbiosis. Other species would not have evolved in the right way to form the symbiosis.

Podman36

You said before that if a human ate an Aviar worm, it would not doing anything, right? Someone's tried that? What would happen if a baby...?

Brandon Sanderson

Still wouldn't work. The gut flora is too different. And they're not part of the symbiotic life cycle there. That system has evolved to the symbiosis that it has, and humans are too new to trying to make that work.

Humans are not new on the planet, but they are not part of that system.

Podman36

Could they be trained into it?

Brandon Sanderson

Training wouldn't work

Podman36

Not like training, but through generations.

Brandon Sanderson

Through generations, that would be theoretically possible.

Legion Release Party (Sept. 19, 2018)

So Ark I have been thinking about it and i am not sure i think it makes sense. So the general idea is that the aviar have evolved an ability to form a symbiosis  with the worms. However in 6th we read that new species of Aviar have the ability to form the same symbiosis.  My reading of 6th indicates that the new aviar introduced have no connection to patji. They are completely new to the system, or at least they have not existed in the islands for multiple generations. I am sure the answer would just be that all aviar have this ability but I think it is at least a small issue. 

• Chaos locked this topic