What do you want to see in Stormlight 4 ( Rhythm of War)

Hakedohn

13 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

You are thinking of two separate scenes. 

1. Adolin, Shallan and Dalinar present. Dalinar says Adolin should be King. Adolin rejects it and admits to killing Sadeas. Dalinar says it can be managed, and he should be King. Adolin says no, that he will be highprince. Shallan suggests Jasnah

2. New Scene, Sebarial and other nobles are in a room hanging out. Jasnah enters the room with the crown on, everyone realizing the Kholins named her as ruler. The end. 

ok i may have misread then. thanks

1 hour ago, Hakedohn said:

What Unmade do you guys think we will see in STA 4?

Ba-ado- meshriem might be released 

sjanat the taker of secrets for sure I hope for some progress there 

and who is the mystery unmade? 

And where is midnight mother? She ran away but has she joined odium? Are we going to see some midnight essences fighting with odium 

oh and I don’t want to see ashertmam at all. He was creepy. Just kidding 

and of course moelech I think the death rattle one especially if we do go to horneater peaks

On 9/26/2019 at 4:50 AM, The traveller said:

moreover, szeth has killed many people including the King, if he is not being hanged but only jailed, as has been confirmed then

If I recall correctly, Szeth (and all new Skybreakers) were pardoned with the appropriate paperwork while swearing their ideals. It was not clear whether the pardons were only for crimes in the Makabaki regions, or if the Skybreaker masters were thorough and got the appropriate pardons for every jurisdiction. It's also possible his sentence was commuted down.

12 hours ago, Beltway2A said:

If I recall correctly, Szeth (and all new Skybreakers) were pardoned with the appropriate paperwork while swearing their ideals. It was not clear whether the pardons were only for crimes in the Makabaki regions, or if the Skybreaker masters were thorough and got the appropriate pardons for every jurisdiction. It's also possible his sentence was commuted down.

For all we know the official reason Szeth being in jail is failing to deliver a revolutionary weapon to his commander.

I have been thinking about this alot! I want to see Kaladin and Moash's ( Vrye) story finish. I do not want to see Moash redemed. I want to see Kaladin put a spear into his eye. ( I guess I want to see Kaladin take the honor blade and after Moash loses his ability of regrowth, for Kaladin to stick his spear into Moash's eye. 

I think that this conflict will be in book 5...

55 minutes ago, Hakedohn said:

Eluvianii I love redemption arcs but I also think that at a point, some people have gone too far. Vyre's arc would feel fake if he came back, even for a little while. Moash died at the end of oathbringer and Vyre needs to follow him.  

Well, I was half joking there, since the community is split in half in that regard. I would personally prefer a redemption arc, even if it takes place after the timeskip but I'm fine either way. Brandon has given him too much attention for him to have an unsatisfying end. So yeah, I think I'll just trust the man as always.

At the end of Oathbringer, Rock killed Amaram and got his shardblades. Oathbringer he gave back to Dalinar, but it doesn’t say what he does with Helaran’s old blade.

I doubt Rock will keep it seeing as he’ll get his own soon and doesn’t want a dead one. What I’m hopping for, is that Bridge Four will give it back to Shallan’s brothers now that they’ve showed up At Urithiru. 

2 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Well, I was half joking there, since the community is split in half in that regard. I would personally prefer a redemption arc, even if it takes place after the timeskip but I'm fine either way. Brandon has given him too much attention for him to have an unsatisfying end. So yeah, I think I'll just trust the man as always.

I want it to be a very satisfying end for him, I just hate a world where bad guys always come back to the light. 

I want to see the Vorin church's reaction to events in greater detail (the reveal of humans regarding Rosharan history etc). I want to see them lose their crem. :lol:

I want to see Rysn become a Willshaper squire and be healed!

Various Bridge Four plots... Rock and his family..   More Rlain..   a Lopen and Lift scene.

Sibling and Urithiru.

Most of all, I want to see Kaladin and Tarah reunited!

I definitely want to see interaction between Szeth, Nightblood and his Highspren.

Definitively find out were the gems for capturing Stormlight are found. Are they mined, are they collected from the gem hearts of other living creatures were. If they are mined then how do they account for Highstorms flooding new tunnels every few days. Also how do they make the glass for the spheres. Are they soul cast. IIRC they don't use a lot of fire due to the high oxygen percentage in the atmosphere so how are they making the glass, with Fabrials maybe. 

@DancerAs far as I remember they breed animals that give them gemstones. Very similar to how shallan suggested doing with chasmfeinds also. But the animals they farm I forget their name, they give small gemhearts/gemstones. And apparently there is some minning also going on. 

Although not in detail, but kaladin did mention about the gemstones farming from breeding shelled animals in oathbringer I think... 

Glass well that is interesting may be it is soulcast 

Edited by The traveller

5 hours ago, The traveller said:

@Dancer you are welcome. in fact just confirmed that the animals they breed in alethkar for gemhearts are Chulls

I thought the chulls were bred as beasts for burden and their gemhearts were too small or non-existant for use? If I recall correctly, it was gumfrems that were harvested for their meat as well as their gemhearts (heliodor) for soulcasting meat. Having just pulled up the quote from oathbringer as I typed this, I think where the confusion came in, is it says "chull-like"

Edited by Pathfinder

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

I thought the chulls were bred as beasts for burden and their gemhearts were too small or non-existant for use? If I recall correctly, it was gumfrems that were harvested for their meat as well as their gemhearts (heliodor) for soulcasting meat. Having just pulled up the quote from oathbringer as I typed this, I think where the confusion came in, is it says "chull-like"

Ill be honest, I'd previously thought Chull was a non-specific term (like beast, varmint, or...Chicken) for any of the various domesticated crustaceans.  

To the OP of Things Id Like to See in Rhythms of War, I have a bunch, and Im hoping that Book 4 is going to reveal a whole bunch of these lingering RAFO questions to set the stage for the Book 5's big First Half conclusion:

• Another Bondsmith
  • Division
  • Cohesion
  • Tension
  • Rlain POV
  • New/Living(?) Shardplate
  • More Fused Surges
  • More Voidbinding Surges
  • Hoid's Spren
  • A Vasher/Nightblood Reunion
  • A (confirmed) Dawnshard

23 minutes ago, Quantus said:

To the OP of Things Id Like to See in Rhythms of War, I have a bunch, and Im hoping that Book 4 is going to reveal a whole bunch of these lingering RAFO questions to set the stage for the Book 5's big First Half conclusion:

• Another Bondsmith
  • Division
  • Cohesion
  • Tension
  • Rlain POV
  • New/Living(?) Shardplate
  • More Fused Surges
  • More Voidbinding Surges
  • Hoid's Spren
  • A Vasher/Nightblood Reunion
  • A (confirmed) Dawnshard

I agree to all of the above, but would like to add more explanations for soulcasting/seeing more soulcasting used in combat (though I doubt that will be because I think jasnah will be in the background till the back half of stormlight)

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I agree to all of the above, but would like to add more explanations for soulcasting/seeing more soulcasting used in combat (though I doubt that will be because I think jasnah will be in the background till the back half of stormlight)

Agreed.  Im hoping the Shalash or Battar might give the young pups some pointers.