What do you want to see in Stormlight 4 ( Rhythm of War)

Hakedohn

What does everyone want to see in Storm light 4? 

For example,

1) I am super excited to see what Sanderson has planned for Wit's epilogue. Brandon said it was something he has planned for a very long time.  

2) I want to learn more about the Ghost blood's mission and goals.

3)  I want to see Ba-Ado-Mishram released

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

I for one do not want to see Ba-Ado-Mishram released.  That sounds... bad.:ph34r:

Bad like a terrible writing idea or bad in the sense that she is so evil and powerful that most like we will see the death of a mayor character because of it? Haha 

What would you like to see in book 4? Another one for me is  when Gavilar first meeting with Eshonai. 

1 minute ago, Hakedohn said:

idea or bad in the sense that she is so evil and powerful that most like we will see the death of a mayor character because of it

Yes.  I kind of want SA to mostly focus on Odium and have BAM saved for the back five.

I want to see a fully active Radiant army.

This is pretty much confirmed but I want to see more of Kaladin's parents. Their utter and absolute abscence in WoK and WoR made me automatically think they were dead until I remembered they were obviously not. Too many orphan protagonists I guess.

On that note, Shallan's brothers and their reaction to their sister's lifestyle. That's bound to end in some family support, maybe a reality wall, which would be good to see.

Humans and singers starting to blend in a "Wait, we don't have to be enemies." way.

Maya and Adolin advancing on their bond but not quite reviving her yet. Lets save that for book five.

More Radiants. It's the nature of the series to go slow but we have at least one of each now, I think. Time to know more about other orders' surges and Oaths.

Rysn.

(That's what I can think about for now, without turning the post into an essay.)

1 hour ago, Eluvianii said:

This is pretty much confirmed but I want to see more of Kaladin's parents. Their utter and absolute abscence in WoK and WoR made me automatically think they were dead until I remembered they were obviously not. Too many orphan protagonists I guess.

On that note, Shallan's brothers and their reaction to their sister's lifestyle. That's bound to end in some family support, maybe a reality wall, which would be good to see.

Humans and singers starting to blend in a "Wait, we don't have to be enemies." way.

Maya and Adolin advancing on their bond but not quite reviving her yet. Lets save that for book five.

More Radiants. It's the nature of the series to go slow but we have at least one of each now, I think. Time to know more about other orders' surges and Oaths.

Rysn.

(That's what I can think about for now, without turning the post into an essay.)

Oh my goodness I forgot about Maya and Adolin. I want to see another spren trying to bond Adolin ( maybe an honor spren), and as they do Maya to wake up for a moment and be seen blocking the other spren from making contact. I agree that we shouldnt see her fully wake up until book five, but i would love to see the connection for a moment. 

25 minutes ago, Hakedohn said:

I think we will see the cleansing  of Shinovar. 

Don't double post you can edit your original post if you have to.

20 minutes ago, Keeper Exile said:

I want to see more of the Diagram and Taravangian. I want to see how they react to the Battle of Thaylen Field.

Yes.

I kind of want some characterization and work to be done with Ialia.

Urithiru come alive.

Rock become a warrior.

Kaladin swear the fourth and fifth ideal. 

A champion of odium to arise that is not Moash. 

A scene where Wit's restrictions are off and he lets loose on a group of people trying to take him down.

Kaladin swearing his fourth ideal and gaining a cool blue brand new shardplate.

more of bridge 4 members become radiants including Rlain

some progress on Sjanat front 

Renarin do some illumination (i hope he can)

See exactly what the surges of Cohesion can do

Jasnah getting some anwsers from the two heralds, well ash mostly, i think she should be able to atleast tell us where all the heralds are and what are they doing.

Iyatil is back

Urithiru alive again and navani learning some totally pathbreaking new techniques in the field of Fabrials

Szeth in jail and Adolin too doing some penance for murdering Sadeas. i mean your actions should have some consequences at least. not for too long though.

and in terms of places, i want to see Horneater peaks and IRI, Rira etc

nightblood and zahel in the same room

and i want Rlain to find the missing Listeners and bring them to Urithiru.

59 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

A reason for the Recreance beyond 'well thousands of years ago this thing happened so now we're gonna kill our spren.'  To me, that remains the only weakness of the SA.

It’s not just that. It’s knowing that the humans really are the transgressors in the whole conflict, coupled with Honor raving at them about the Radiants destroying everything again, and all of that on top of the actual evidence of the destruction they can cause when they see the lobotomization of the Singers during the False Desolation. 

6 hours ago, The traveller said:

Szeth in jail and Adolin too doing some penance for murdering Sadeas. i mean your actions should have some consequences at least. not for too long though.

Who would judge Adolin? And they hang people for murder, so what would you charge him with? A failure to report unusual circumstances after a patrol? Indecent disposal of a corpse?

1 hour ago, Kalaksbreath said:

I want to see one of the radiants (preferably Kaladin) swear the fourth ideal and see some radiant shardpalte. I really hope that we don't have to wait till the end of the book to see Kaladin swear the 4th ideal.

Jasnah is almost certainly there already - we didn't see her swear the ideal, though, and I imagine we won't until her flashback book in the back five.

7 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Who would judge Adolin? And they hang people for murder, so what would you charge him with? 

Is it ? Explicitly mentioned somewhere that in alethkar punishment for murder is hanging? I can’t seem to recall... the only time I remember hanging mentioned was when kaladin challenge d Amaram but that was coz he is darkeyes. 

I even recall kal mentioning that if a bridgeman killed another it is not death but if you refused to run in a bridgerun then only it is punishable by death. 

Dalinar or Jasnah will judge him. 

4 hours ago, Calyx said:

Jasnah is almost certainly there already - we didn't see her swear the ideal, though, and I imagine we won't until her flashback book in the back five.

But we are following the journey of KRs through their oaths with Kaladin only. He will be the first one that we actually see swearing his 4th ideal. 

This is how it was in wor also. Shallan already had a blade but we saw it through kal

5 hours ago, The traveller said:

Is it ? Explicitly mentioned somewhere that in alethkar punishment for murder is hanging? I can’t seem to recall... the only time I remember hanging mentioned was when kaladin challenge d Amaram but that was coz he is darkeyes.

Shallan investigating the murders in Urithiru. She wonders why somebody would deny a second murder while even one is enough to get you hanged.

I even recall kal mentioning that if a bridgeman killed another it is not death but if you refused to run in a bridgerun then only it is punishable by death.

Bridgemen are slaves. That isn't murder. That is property destroying property. Liek one of your dogs killing another. You should have kept them in separate cages.

Dalinar or Jasnah will judge him. 

Adolin is a high prince. If anything, Jasnah will check that there are no witnesses and quietly make sure nobody learns anything detrimental to the family honor.

58 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Adolin is a high prince. If anything, Jasnah will check that there are no witnesses and quietly make sure nobody learns anything detrimental to the family honor.

i thought he had confessed in front of a bunch of people when they were discussing the succession of the throne. were not Sebariel and aladar etc already present?

so question on family honor has already been raised, i thought

moreover, szeth has killed many people including the King, if he is not being hanged but only jailed, as has been confirmed then

i dont know why a similar treatment can be given to Adolin... It may still be hush hush, may be not jailed but exiled for some time ostensibly (which may be horneater peaks actually a mission with Shallan, may be)

Edited by The traveller

7 hours ago, The traveller said:

i thought he had confessed in front of a bunch of people when they were discussing the succession of the throne. were not Sebariel and aladar etc already present?

so question on family honor has already been raised, i thought

moreover, szeth has killed many people including the King, if he is not being hanged but only jailed, as has been confirmed then

i dont know why a similar treatment can be given to Adolin... It may still be hush hush, may be not jailed but exiled for some time ostensibly (which may be horneater peaks actually a mission with Shallan, may be)

You are thinking of two separate scenes. 

1. Adolin, Shallan and Dalinar present. Dalinar says Adolin should be King. Adolin rejects it and admits to killing Sadeas. Dalinar says it can be managed, and he should be King. Adolin says no, that he will be highprince. Shallan suggests Jasnah

2. New Scene, Sebarial and other nobles are in a room hanging out. Jasnah enters the room with the crown on, everyone realizing the Kholins named her as ruler. The end.