What Dusk Did Wrong This Week

Darth Woodrack

Welcome to "What Dusk Did Wrong This Week, the series of mini polots, in which Dusk does absurd, and insane, mistakes, that he then pays people to fix! Please participate at least once, it will be fun! Each mini polot should only be one to two weeks, and if they go over that, we will have to discuss potentially taking them to another thread. Now, here is the current schedule,, to be added to.

Spoiler

I accidentally created Ratatosk.

I accidentally created Godzilla.

I acidentally butttdialed HR.

I repaired a fighter jet, and it flew up and broke my jaw.

I accidentally punched Councilmen Ark, and I need you to deliver this apology gift before I get assassinated.

I accidentally dropped the Jackal's Mask through a perpendicularity I temporarily created, into Roshar, and it landed on a Parshman's head, so I need you to get it back before someone survives it.

I accidentally created Sky Piranhas

I accidentally created giant demon Crabs.

Dusk turned to those gathered before him and said, "Thank you for coming! Don't worry, I'll be paying you for your time. I need you to retrieve something... strange. You see, I was expirementing with giving giant squirrels verbal skills, and accidentally gave the giant squirrel the ability to tab into the latent insecurity portion of each persons cebral cortex, and give off a screech that attivates said portion of the brain to an extreme degree."

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes. Everyone looked to one another, not quite sure how to respond.

"I do hope you plan on paying very handsomely," a blonde woman dressed to the nines said, finally. "There are things some of us do have to get to that don't involve listening to others boast of their scientific achievements, you must understand."

She smiled sweetly, clasping her gloved safehand in her right. "Why, exactly, were you attempting to give giant squirrels verbal skills in the first place?"

Darth, be warned. This is Aderet Celeste Blanche Addington, brought over from the Horror thread through the powers of time manipulation of dead threads. She's truly dreadful.

Enjoy.

"Of course I will pay handsomely! I'm ME!" Dusk said, thinking to the massive vault of money in expanders glass in his basement, and then responded to the second question with, "Because Squirrerls are some of the most intelligent species on the planet! If they can communicate with us, who knows what we will learn!"

Thank you for coming!

A haggard-looking tall woman walked in, drenched and grouchy. Why, oh why had she walked all this way just to participate in some rich lord's little treasure hunt? She didn't really know. Maybe it was because she'd gotten fired. Again. Maybe it was because her sister had died and she felt listless, had for the past seven months. Maybe it was because her hand still tingled from the flames it had been scarred by. Whatever it was, she'd come. 

She flipped up the collar of her tattered old trench-coat and leaned against the wall of wherever she was. I don't even know where I am... isn't that just something.

Another woman walked in. She looked in bad shape. Poor and homeless by the looks of it. Aderet took a careful step away from her.

"Squirrels," she said, "Are rodents with bushy tails. There is nothing intelligent about them. They often forget where they buried their nuts, for Harmony's sake."

The man was clearly delusional. It was a shame that wealth prevented horrid people from being found out. This one most definitely needed to see a psychologist. 

Edited by Silva

Bellatrix Deathstrike, The Dark Angel, ex-Bureau member and the former Dark Phoenix, entered the room. She wore a loose white robe, similar to those of a monks. She had dedicated her life, after the events of the invasion, to good. She had tried it all. Or, well, after they had released her from the psych ward. She hadn't been in the best of state. Who knows what had happened to her gang, Mike... she shied away from the memories. Happy memories would lead to the dark places.

Yes, The Dark Angel was a name given to her by her... targets. She had tried a stint on public work, but seeing those she had harmed was too difficult. She had tried working with Precursors, but they didn't really like her.

For good reason, of course.

Finally, she had turned to vigilante work. The Dark Angel was her alter ego. The clothes she wore could turn black, and she would go into the night. She would kill those who caused further pain to this poor city.

A single tear rolled down her cheek, and she created a spark, to evaporate it. Then she made a small crown of fire in her hair, more of a tiara.

She was here because vigilante work wasn't working. Her life was getting worse, steadily. She was falling back into habits of heavy alcohol consumption, smoking, and... other things.

So she would try this. Maybe it would work. She took a swig of the strong scotch at her hip, then walked into the room, fiery crown burning brilliantly, sparks playing between her fingers.

"Bellatrix Deathstrike. I'll do whatever you want. Pay in the strongest alcohol you can get."
@Darth Woodrack @Sherlock Holmes @Silva

By the way, I’m going to try and moderate this like DnD, so here might be some very minor god modding.

As Bellatrix flew towards the forest where she was indicated, she heard a loud “ARRRRK!” 

Then she heard, “You think you deserve to live little flame? You think you deserve those powers you have? You don’t deserve the air you breath let alone that which you burn. You could end it. Fly straight up, then fall. No one would catch you. No one cares enough to. The Blood Flames hate you. You betrayed them. Mike hates you, and he never truly cared about you! He just used to improve his own standing in the gang! And Max is dead because of you. He only died because of what you did. Do you really deserve your life?”

@Sherlock Holmes @Ark1002 @Silva

Bellatrix began to fall, clutching her head. She spread out her wings, and her eyes began to shift color, going from violet to almost black.

Then, she stopped. "Max? Who the hell is Max?"

With that, her head cleared. She had fire in both hands, and she used it.

The trees below her burst alight, and she released control. Then she began to fly over the forest, burning the edges, forcing the fire inward.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:17 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

"Why not? I do it all the time! I'm one of the richest people in the world! Also, how are you going to make the problem of a giant telepathic super insulting squirrel, worse?"

"You're...serious," Aderet said. "You actually believe that money gives you the right to do whatever you'd like. That's absurd!"

She adjusted her glove. "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. What about morals? Ethics? Being a good person? Don't you care about future generations? Do you wish to destroy this planet just to have fun?

"I live on Scadrial most of the time, so the answers to those questions don't really matter to me, but what about your friends? Family members? Acquaintances? Do you care nothing of them? For all you knew, one of us here is also a mad scientist and will give the giant telepathic super insulting squirrel more abilities. Flight, or even laser vision. What would you do then? Hire more people to clean up your messes?" Aderet crossed her arms and fixed him with a hard glare.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourself."

I did warn you. :P

Bellatrix sputtered in rage, easily getting rid of the water covering her. She dropped to the ground, and lashed out with fire on all sides, burning the trees around her.

So, friendly tip: don't get rid of something that gets in the way of your plot; change the plot.

It's no fun if you just stop innovation. 

Rimas had been wandering the Alleycity for weeks looking for a job until he heard a noble was offering to pay some people to kill something, he then asked where he could find this noble and he promptly followed the directions he was given and ended up walking into a room where a woman was yelling at a a fancily dressed man. "Excuse me," He said in his deep booming voice. "I heard someone was hiring people to kill something, is this the right place?"

@Darth Woodrack

Also, sorry for the long delay, been indisposed.

You do realise this is a completely different city right Clyde? And that Dusk is not a Noble... Also, if you call a long black lab coat, fancy, then sure.

"Not kill! CONTAIN! It's off in the woods," Then he tuned to Aderet and said, "Ashamed of myself? I BUILT this city. every who lives in this is alive because of me. They survived all of the attacks on the Alley City because of me! If you think I should be ashamed of myself then you can leave,"

On 10/15/2019 at 0:38 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

"Not kill! CONTAIN! It's off in the woods," Then he tuned to Aderet and said, "Ashamed of myself? I BUILT this city. every who lives in this is alive because of me. They survived all of the attacks on the Alley City because of me! If you think I should be ashamed of myself then you can leave,"

"I disagree and precisely because you believe that, I think I'll stay. I think I'll stay and ground you here through every idiotic thing you do that you call smart." Aderet smiled. "Dusk, I understand being rich. I understand being bratty and spoiled. I understand it because I am rich. I am bratty. I am spoiled.

"I'm not coming to you as a commoner who doesn't get it. I do completely and that's why you need this. Consider it a wakeup call. Not everything in your city is perfect. Not everything is as happy and dandy and wonderful as you make it out to be. You're just ignoring the problems and attempting to deny that you're human.

"Well, guess what--you are human and humans make mistakes. No matter what lie you have tricked yourself into believing, that remains the truth, so deal with it," she said.

Darth, do understand, she means it all in the best ways. Also understand, she's serious.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:38 AM, Darth Woodrack said:

"Alright." Said Rimas, he then turned around and walked out the door. He began walking down a road until he reached the forest he then started looking for something to give him an idea of where the creature went.

On 10/22/2019 at 0:36 AM, Darth Woodrack said:

"This is how I'm dealing with it. By hiring mercenaries. How am supposed to deal with it directly. Now, you can either help, or get lost. I have work to do."

She sighed. "And why are you hiring mercenaries? You're hiring mercenaries because you didn't think through the consequences of your actions before doing."

Aderet burned cadmium. The bubble intentionally only surrounded her, with a conversion of one second for her to twenty seconds outside of it. After a few moments she dropped it, hoping the point sank in for once. 

It probably hadn't, unfortunately. Dusk was pretty stubborn. It was a good thing cadmium burned slowly. She had a feeling she'd be needing it.

"Also, I told you. I am helping. Just not in the way you think you need help." She smiled. "Does your important work you need to get to also involve negative outcomes you haven't taken the time to consider yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Thread, closed. Unofficially. Just rp leaving please, or go to the Citadel thread if you want to continue the rp here.

Alarms blared and Dusk looked up to see flashing words that said, 'ESCAPED SQUIRREL. ESCAPED SQUIRREL,' before turning back to Aderet and saying, "Now the squirrel is gone and I'll have to deal with it before it kills anyone. Thanks a lot. If you would like to discuss my morals and methods further, I'll be at the Bleeding Spike tavern in a few hours. Some of my business partners want to meet in person to ask about the taxes that I have placed on their imports,' before spinning about an walking away.

Edited by Darth Woodrack