Hoidbindings ???

Friendshipspren

Question

So right now we know Hoid has a bead of Lerasium , has done much research on selish magic systems and it can be inferred he has done research on and might have access to Taldainite magic systems as well. He also might be bonded to a Cryptic , giving him access to illumination and transformation.

He has conclusively been known to have used Yolish lightweaving and nalthisian awakening. He also seems to use fortune  and healing through some as yet unknown method , possibly  through some pre-shattering magic system.

He probably has access to other pre or post shattering magic systems as well. 

Let's just refer to these as Hoidbindings. 

So now my question is how many of these magic systems can he access ? How many of the magic systems have been bound by Hoid ?

He has been implied to use allomancy . Is it true ? If it is , I guess it's due to his access to Lerasium somehow , right ?

But he has been said to be a feruchemist as well . This I don't understand. 

1). Is it true ?

2). Feruchemy doesn't seem to have an analog to Lerasium , although I guess u could alloy it with atium to get a feruchemy endowing compound ??? 

3). I read this other theory somewhere that Hoid is the progenitor of all ( atleast all scadrian) feruchemists. Like ,it said that  feruchemy was a pre shattering magic system and Hoid during his newly immortal ill spent youth had a dalliance or two with some women in Scadrial giving rise to the Terrismen. I actually thought this was true but after joining the Shard I realize it's probably false , right ?

4). So then how else could he have acquired or will acquire feruchemy ?

Or is it a deadend , that is, feruchemy is totally off limits to him ?

So this is my question . Also could u guys list out all the Hoidbindings he has in potential or in reality , pre and post shattering. Thank you. 

3 answers to this question

He is a Mistborn. 

Truthwatcher_17.5

We know that Hoid took a bead of lerasium, but it never specifically says that he consumed it.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, he did.

Questioner

Alright, so he is a Mistborn?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, I'll go ahead and canonize that.

Idaho Falls signing (Dec. 29, 2018)

Early on Brandon had called what he did Feruchemy, but later he clarified that his "Hoidsense" as we call it operates on the same underlying principles but isn't actually Feruchemy... But he also has unsealed metalminds, so he still has access to Feruchemy. 

Xyrd (paraphrased)

You've mentioned before that Hoid ends up where he needs to be.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, and usually without knowing why.

Xyrd (paraphrased)

Is chromium involved in that?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes. Well, he's not necessarily using chromium, but the underlying mechanic, yes.

Arcanum Unbounded Fort Collins signing (Nov. 29, 2016)

Steeldancer

Hoid. Does he have more unkeyed metalminds?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid has access to lots of different things, so, yes he does.

Boskone 54 (Feb. 17, 2017)

We know he has Yolish lightweaving, and now the Rosharan variety and Soulcasting. He's a Mistborn. Has Breath. His weird Fortune power and healing. Unsealed metalminds. He uses Sand as a detector at least... He stole the Moon Scepter for unknown reasons, but learned what he wanted from it and doesn't have it any longer... He regularly manipulates Connection in order to translate languages, and we know he's skipped portions of time, most likely through the same unknown time dilation method that many worldhoppers use. 

That is all I can think of at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Calderis said:

He is a Mistborn. 

Early on Brandon had called what he did Feruchemy, but later he clarified that his "Hoidsense" as we call it operates on the same underlying principles but isn't actually Feruchemy... But he also has unsealed metalminds, so he still has access to Feruchemy. 

We know he has Yolish lightweaving, and now the Rosharan variety and Soulcasting. He's a Mistborn. Has Breath. His weird Fortune power and healing. Unsealed metalminds. He uses Sand as a detector at least... He stole the Moon Scepter for unknown reasons, but learned what he wanted from it and doesn't have it any longer... He regularly manipulates Connection in order to translate languages, and we know he's skipped portions of time, most likely through the same unknown time dilation method that many worldhoppers use. 

That is all I can think of at the moment. 

Unsealed metalminds right. damnation why didn't I think of it . And with being mistborn. He can definitely compound then. But wait he just ate the Lerasium. I thought Mr Brandon said that he knew what it's real purpose was and oh so I guess he has achieved that goal along with the side effect of becoming mistborn. Noice