Aon Tia

Honor has given certain guidelines to Dalinar in the first or you can say last vision that he sees in Twok.

He tells him to Unite them, whatever that they actually mean, to found the Knights Radiants, Say the old Oaths again so become a bondsmith, to humans to stop in-fighting, and champions fight.

this is tentatively the totality of Honors plan. 

But he also said to Dalinar, Read the book. Is there any confirmation that Honor was talking about The way of Kings? Could it be some other book entirely?

he also says i m sorry to leave you alone but i have done all that i could for you.

any ideas on what else could he have done for humanity besided leaving these visions? 

There seems to be a little bit more. Or atleast those things seem to have more weight behind them than we give them.

From Honor's perspective, whoever was being shown the visions was going to be someone the Stormfather had chosen to see them. This implies that the Stormfather had taken the first step to choosing his Bondsmith - the next step must come from this budding Bondsmith. And in a world without the organisational structure of the Knights Radiant, there wouldn't be anyone to guide this person on what to do.

The book - Nohadon's Way of Kings - was later used as a basis for the first Oath of the Radiants. The journey described there can start one on the path to Radiance - the book is a guideline of sorts. It serves as a basis from which this person could start acting as, start being a Radiant - it serves as a basis from which the first Oath can be rediscovered.

And considering that the version of the Stormfather this person would be bonding to would also be by some means Tanavast's Cognitive Shadow, and hold the remnants of the Shard of Honor, that's a pretty decent plan to make the power of the Shard available to someone who will probably use it responsibly.

And this is before we get to the other visions, and what their potential source and purpose could be.

3 hours ago, Truthwatcher_17.5 said:

I think Tanavast tries to do what Leras did. Unfortunately he just sucked at it. Vague hints and 0 physical evidence is not going to cut it so Dalinar will need to do it himself.

Also, Honor had pretty bad futuresight, unlike Preservation, so Tanavast's plan is just educated guesses, like a superpowered Diagram. Made by someone incredibly smart, but still unabl to actually see the future.

How much did cultivation know I wonder... dalinar went to see her 6 yrs ago before twok, he had hardly started listening to the book and was not seeing any visions at the time. So that makes me wonder how much did cultivation know when she met him. She says I am interested in you coz of the great interest others show in you. Did she mean only odium and thrill here or honor too.

Could she have foreseen the possibility of dalinar being chosen by stormfather as a potential  Bondsmith? 

I always thought that when someone has the influence of nightwatcher on them, it opens up their soul enough so that they are technically broken, that they are likely to be radiant. They might attract spren easily. Like lift. I think wyndle and the gardeners chose her also because it was easy to bond her. Dalinar also In a similar fashion I thought. 

Did stormfather chose him because he had cultivations influence or 

cultivation personally visited him because of the interest stormfather was going to show in him in the future? 

The “others” she refers to as showing interest in dalinar includes honor too or not. 

Was honor also influencing dalinar in the past? I don’t see any evidence of that as of now. 

Edited by The traveller
Grammatical errors

2 hours ago, Bearer of Agonies said:

Also, Honor had pretty bad futuresight, unlike Preservation, so Tanavast's plan is just educated guesses, like a superpowered Diagram. Made by someone incredibly smart, but still unabl to actually see the future.

Do we know that Honor had bad futuresight compared to Preservation?  And more to the point, do we know that Cultivation has bad futuresight compared to Preservation?  Because I'm pretty certain that if Tanavast was trying to make a plan based on foretelling the future, he'd be a fool not to get Cultivation's take on the same.

1 hour ago, galendo said:

Do we know that Honor had bad futuresight compared to Preservation?  

Honor says that to Dalinar. something along the lines that i am terrible at it and cultivation is much better than me at futuresight. 

And more to the point, do we know that Cultivation has bad futuresight compared to Preservation?  

i dont think we have enough information to come to any conclusion here. Preservation was clearly better than ruin i would say even if only slightly. but Cultivation has also proven to be pretty good at it. and moreover, as per certain wobs, we dont even know 1 % of what she may be upto.

Because I'm pretty certain that if Tanavast was trying to make a plan based on foretelling the future, he'd be a fool not to get Cultivation's take on the same.

that is kind of what i was trying to say. Do you think the two of them have designed a plan together to thwart odium? Did cultivation know the importance of Dalinar beforehand. or Did she somehow by influencing Dalinar, indirectly also influenced Stormfather into showing interest in Dalinar? 

because right now, Dalinar has a unique position of having been influenced by all the three shards. was it pre-planned by cultivation? could it be? or it just a happenstance?

On 9/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, The traveller said:

that is kind of what i was trying to say. Do you think the two of them have designed a plan together to thwart odium? Did cultivation know the importance of Dalinar beforehand. or Did she somehow by influencing Dalinar, indirectly also influenced Stormfather into showing interest in Dalinar? 

I think a LOT of this boils down to one thing: Odium can see Honor's visions that were left behind. I think I agree that Honor and Cultivation were in on the same plan and they could have provided MUCH more detail to Dalinar about what had happened and what needed to happen, but if they did that and Odium intercepted one of those key visions their entire plan would be thrown to the dogs. 

The other side of that is that perhaps Honor and Cultivation knew that Dalinar was the key to the whole thing, but they also knew that many others had the chance of seeing those visions from the Stormfather, so they couldn't really put specific information for him out there. We know from various places that at least two other people were given the visions by the Stormfather before he chose Dalinar.

Every time I read these books I get the feeling that Honor wants to reveal more, but is unable to for reasons we don't know and I also feel like these are the most likely reasons. I'd love to see Cultivation come out of the woodworks and start helping the coalition much more than she has in the past now that Dalinar is in the correct place and is sure that Dalinar is staying with the Coalition. Odium did choose him as a Champion, so there was a chance that Dalinar could have broken right then even with Cultivation helping him through all of it.

• Chaos locked this topic