2000TH POST EXTRAVAGANZA AMA!

Jaywalk

Congratulations on being so prolific, Jaywalk! I too have questions. 

When you're hungry at an inconvenient time, is it normal to try stopping your food alarm from vibrating by hitting your snooze (belly)button?

In casual sports and games among friends, variations to the ‘official rules’ of the game often emerge to make the activity better suited to your situation or to make it more fun: so called ‘house rules’. What’s the weirdest house rule for a game that you adhere to?  

Every day, at the stroke of midnight, a single, randomly selected item in your possession is replaced by an illusion for 24 hours. You can’t tell it’s faked until you go to touch it, at which point your hand passes right through it. Infuriatingly, the items usually tend to be important to your success that day, like your calculator on the day of your math test, the fridge when you’re wake up famished, and, on one memorable occasion, the bed you were sleeping in. What’s the number one thing you’d do to cope with this curse?

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

Congratulations on being so prolific, Jaywalk! I too have questions. 

When you're hungry at an inconvenient time, is it normal to try stopping your food alarm from vibrating by hitting your snooze (belly)button?

In casual sports and games among friends, variations to the ‘official rules’ of the game often emerge to make the activity better suited to your situation or to make it more fun: so called ‘house rules’. What’s the weirdest house rule for a game that you adhere to?  

Every day, at the stroke of midnight, a single, randomly selected item in your possession is replaced by an illusion for 24 hours. You can’t tell it’s faked until you go to touch it, at which point your hand passes right through it. Infuriatingly, the items usually tend to be important to your success that day, like your calculator on the day of your math test, the fridge when you’re wake up famished, and, on one memorable occasion, the bed you were sleeping in. What’s the number one thing you’d do to cope with this curse?

1. If I don’t have access to food at that inconvenient time, I’d say that’s normal.

2. Well, while playing Uno my family stacks +4 cards on top of each other to bypass themselves having to draw. People can get upwards of 50 cards at once, which is pretty devastating.

3. Well, if I’m being honest, I’d probably go cry myself to sleep(on the ground if my bed was the hologram).

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

How’s your day been?

What kind of bear is best?

Favorite jam?

Favorite Sanderson character?

How excited are you for Dragonwatch 3?

Do you have any Halloween-ish/Fall book recommendations?

Favorite candle scent?

1. My day’s been quite wonderful, thank you!

2. I’m rather partial to pandas.

3. Strawberry jam is my jam.

4. Favorite Sanderson character? I’d have to go with Renarin.

5. I am OVER THE MOON HYPED for Dragonwatch 3!

6. I’d recommend The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It’s not creepy/Halloweeny, per say, but it does have a sort of ethereal feel to it.

7. Vanilla is always nice.

To be or not to be? 

Which class do you hate most? 

Which class is your favorite? 

Favorite RWBY character? 

Have you read the Lunar Chronicles? 

What about the Books of Bayern? 

Or the Jinx trilogy? 

Spirit Animals? 

If your answer to any of those was yes, who’s your favorite character from there? 

Any progress with your crush? ;) 

If you had the choice between owning Brandon Sanderson’s glasses and owning twenty dollars, which would you pick? 

39 minutes ago, AonEne said:

To be or not to be? 

Which class do you hate most? 

Which class is your favorite? 

Favorite RWBY character? 

Have you read the Lunar Chronicles? 

What about the Books of Bayern? 

Or the Jinx trilogy? 

Spirit Animals? 

If your answer to any of those was yes, who’s your favorite character from there? 

Any progress with your crush? ;) 

If you had the choice between owning Brandon Sanderson’s glasses and owning twenty dollars, which would you pick? 

1. I’m more a fan of “Do or do not, there is no try.”

2. Hmm...probably AP Calc.

3. Concert Band all the way.

4. Blake Belladonna

5. Nope, Marissa Meyer is great though. I loved Renegades.

6. Nope.

7. Nope.

8. Nope

9. Well, somewhat related answer: the best character in Renegades is Nova.

10. Well, there was progress, and then she moved. We’re still in contact though, so that’s good. I’m currently dating someone else.

11. 20 dollars, no question. Brandon needs his glasses to write!

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

10. Well, there was progress, and then she moved. We’re still in contact though, so that’s good. I’m currently dating someone else. 

...I’m stupid, I thought the person you were dating was your crush. 

Well then, how are things going with that human? 

An p and a b appear to be the other flipped upside down. Are they actually, or do they just look that way?

Is a q a backwards p?

Is an e just a c with an extra line?

Gloves or mittens?

14 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I do have a toaster.

Image attached for reference.

Reveal hidden contents

C1501E1C-F1D4-4838-BC1A-E0597D9CA40E.thumb.jpeg.054ea404dba02fca9eee7e5b7c74dbd4.jpeg

Do you have a microwave

If yes, is it also a bright color?

2 hours ago, Silva said:

An p and a b appear to be the other flipped upside down. Are they actually, or do they just look that way?

Is a q a backwards p?

Is an e just a c with an extra line?

Gloves or mittens?

Do you have a microwave

If yes, is it also a bright color?

1. To answer this question, we must ponder the uniqueness of each letter. The alignment of the letters might strike us at first as mirroring each other, but each letter is a unique individual with its own hopes and dreams. So, no.

2. See above^

3. This is the one exception. e is obviously a copycat of c.

4. Hmm...gloves give you better grip, but mittens keep you warmer. I could go either way.

5. I do have a microwave.

6. Sadly, no. It is stainless steel.

1. Other than Jaywalking, if you could break any law (Statutory, not natural), and not have to face the legal consequences, which would it be?

2. If you could break any natural law, which would it be? 

3. You wake up one morning to find that everyone in your metropolitan area (Or county if you live in a more rural area) has mysteriously disappeared. Attendance at your school is mandatory to graduation, and monitored by a chip that has been inserted in your neck as an infant. You do not have a pre-approved absence on this day, and make-up attendance is not an option, without a doctor's note, supplied within 24 hours of the absence. This means that attendance is reported automatically, without manual intervention. You have no idea if, or when the people will return, and you learn by listening to the news while eating breakfast that the people have not left. National news reports that they all simply disappeared. On your first day you now are faced with the decision of attending school or not. You know that by day two, a military team will come to extract and relocate you if necessary to continue your schooling. 

Do you choose to attend school on day 1?

4. Have you ever delved into Sanderson Elimination?

5. Why do you have a toaster. 

6. Do you feel any moral obligation to your diet?

7. Favorite brand? In general, not limited to any type of product. (Could be cars, shoes, clothing, publishing company, food, etc...)

8. Apples or pears

9. (Answer to question above) or bananas?

10. (Answer that you did not select on question 8) or bananas?

11. (Answer to question 9) or (answer to question 10)?

12. (Answer to question 12)?

14. Did you notice I skipped 13?

15. I can keep going. Do you want me to keep going?

3 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

1. Other than Jaywalking, if you could break any law (Statutory, not natural), and not have to face the legal consequences, which would it be?

2. If you could break any natural law, which would it be? 

3. You wake up one morning to find that everyone in your metropolitan area (Or county if you live in a more rural area) has mysteriously disappeared. Attendance at your school is mandatory to graduation, and monitored by a chip that has been inserted in your neck as an infant. You do not have a pre-approved absence on this day, and make-up attendance is not an option, without a doctor's note, supplied within 24 hours of the absence. This means that attendance is reported automatically, without manual intervention. You have no idea if, or when the people will return, and you learn by listening to the news while eating breakfast that the people have not left. National news reports that they all simply disappeared. On your first day you now are faced with the decision of attending school or not. You know that by day two, a military team will come to extract and relocate you if necessary to continue your schooling. 

Do you choose to attend school on day 1?

4. Have you ever delved into Sanderson Elimination?

5. Why do you have a toaster. 

6. Do you feel any moral obligation to your diet?

7. Favorite brand? In general, not limited to any type of product. (Could be cars, shoes, clothing, publishing company, food, etc...)

8. Apples or pears

9. (Answer to question above) or bananas?

10. (Answer that you did not select on question 8) or bananas?

11. (Answer to question 9) or (answer to question 10)?

12. (Answer to question 12)?

14. Did you notice I skipped 13?

15. I can keep going. Do you want me to keep going?

1. Tax evasion would be nice.

2. Gravity

3. Pfft, no. I’ll take a free day anytime.

4. I haven’t yet, but I’m planning to eventually.

5. Because I enjoy toast. Toast is good.

6. No, my will is too week to feel an obligation to my diet.

7. NINTENDO!

8. I’m rather partial to pears.

9. Pears. Bananas are a strange fruit.

10. Apples.

11. That’s just Question 8.

12. Answer to Question 12. Such philosophy.

13. is very offended at being skipped.

14. I did notice, and share 13’s offense.

15. By all means.

What do you have against bananas? 

Have you ever had Peanut Butter and Bananas on toast?

If you've had it, Do you like it?

If the answer to either of the above questions is no, how do you reconcile with the fact that you are wasting your toaster's potential?

If one day your toaster came and woke you up, like a small puppy, would you be creeped out?

Would you donate your toaster to the military for study?

Have you heard of the Hollow Earthers?

Have you heard of the flat earthers?

If you had to profess to one of the theories espoused by the two groups above, which would it be?

Do you personally profess to believe either of those theories? (No judgement from me no matter what your answer is?

What is the longest hike you've ever done?

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

20 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

What do you have against bananas? 

Have you ever had Peanut Butter and Bananas on toast?

If you've had it, Do you like it?

If the answer to either of the above questions is no, how do you reconcile with the fact that you are wasting your toaster's potential?

If one day your toaster came and woke you up, like a small puppy, would you be creeped out?

Would you donate your toaster to the military for study?

Have you heard of the Hollow Earthers?

Have you heard of the flat earthers?

If you had to profess to one of the theories espoused by the two groups above, which would it be?

Do you personally profess to believe either of those theories? (No judgement from me no matter what your answer is?

What is the longest hike you've ever done?

1. Bananas just aren’t that great.

2. I have. It’s pretty good.

3. See #2

4. My toaster is used to its FULL potential.

5. I don’t know if I’d be creeped out, more intrigued. A new pet that I don’t have to take care of? Sign me up.

6. My toaster wouldn’t deserve that.

7. Yes

8. Yes

9. Hollow Earthers. Flat Earthers are....you know, let’s just leave it at that.

10. No, I don’t.

11. I did a pretty long backpacking trip a couple years ago. I don’t remember the exact distance though.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, AonEne said:

What was your favorite moment in Dragonwatch 3 and why was it Seth

If you could have the chance to kill someone to save five people, would you? 

1. *searches brain to remember Dragonwatch 3* Hmmmmmmmm:

Spoiler

Bracken vs. Ronodin!

2. Depends on the person, I guess.

• 1 month later...