What are the Negative consequences of all 16 flavors of compounding ?

Friendshipspren

I would assume by negative effects you mean savantism. Whether or not compounding savantism is possible is a matter of some debate but let’s keep that conversation here.

3 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Also would mistborn suffer from compounding if they flared tin like spook ? 

A mistborn can suffer from savantism, Zane has been confirmed to be a steel savant, but Spook didn’t compound that was just normal burning.

3 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Would tlr also suffer from negative side effects of general allomantic savanthood and compounding savanthood ??

Almost certainly.

As for the different flavors. I’ll come back when I have more time to think.

Edit: mostly based on Spook’s experiences I think savantism would result in only allowing the extremes. A massive amount of the attributes it  stores or virtually none.

Iron: Wax shattering the floor heavy or literal feather weight

Steel: near light speed travel or like moving through molasses  

Tin: probably looks just like allomantic 

Pewter:  Absolutely massive or skinniest guy you’ve ever seen

Zinc: just like steel but mental

Brass: your hugs give 3rd degree burns or you die from hypothermia

Copper: I really have no idea

Bronze: Never sleep or die from sleep deprivation.

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5

On 9/21/2019 at 11:03 AM, Truthwatcher_17.5 said:

A mistborn can suffer from savantism, Zane has been confirmed to be a steel savant

When was this confirmed? I know Wax is a steel Savant but I always interpreted Zane just having the hemuralgic spike granting him more steel ability similar to Vin and Brass. 

A far as savantism goes, I think the only way to achieve Feruchemical sevantism is to be a compounder due to the net neutrality of Feruchemy. 

Not all feruchemy sevantism would be ultra damaging though just like how not all Allomancy sevantism is harmful like copper and brass. 

Also something like compounding weight or speed and drawing on it at all times would probably make life hard. 

Miles, as the only compounder we’ve seen probably had achieved sevantism with his healing (if possible). His body was changed in that it reflexively always drew health, he didn’t feel pain, he had a heightening of body stamina at all times. The downsides being is his ability to physically feel pain was gone (pain is important), and if he ever did stop drawing upon health, his Immune system and ability to self heal would probably be non existent.

It’s also possible that the specific sevantism of Feruchemical gold and possibly aluminum might be difficult to achieve similar to how Knights Radiants have difficulty achieving sevantism due to the restorative effects and healing of damage. Who knows? 

Edited by Sirscott13

1 hour ago, Sirscott13 said:

When was this confirmed? I know Wax is a steel Savant but I always interpreted Zane just having the hemuralgic spike granting him more steel ability similar to Vin and Brass. 

Kaimipono

What was Zane's hemalurgical power? (Or was he just spiked for control?)

Brandon Sanderson

Extra power with Pushing on metals. It lent him extremely great precision.

Hero of Ages Q&A - Time Waster's Guide (Oct. 15, 2008)

This is the only WOB I've been able to find on that, and it appears that it was just the spike.

• Chaos locked this topic