Battle Predictions!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this duel?

• Wes (I think I am here.)
    • Deteca (AonEne)

1 hour ago, Elend Venture said:

Hurley, a spectator, suddenly got a great urge to yell "STAB HIM IN THE FACE!" and so he did.

Itiah! Don't read this until after the duel is over if you can help it. Don't feel bad if you do read it though because it's half a joke :P

Spoiler

I'm trying not to remind him that she still has a knife, which is probably a useless endeavor becuase he's smart, but SHHHHHH ;)

13 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“Ow, ow ow,” Wes said, continued the choke with one hand and tried to grab her wrist with the other. His arms stung.

Okay, this was all the spoiler tag had in it :P

He caught her by the wrist and she tried to tug away, but failed. Her head was pounding as her arm went slack. Deteca was pretty sure she was about to black out when she heard someone yell, "Stab him in the face!"

What? she thought blearily. Thinking was hard and slow through the crushing feeling of no oxygen. Her grip loosened on a jagged piece of metal. After a second that encompassed an hour, she remembered what it was. The piece from the gun that Wes had turned into a knife.

Her hold on consciousness slipping, she brought it straight up and - with most of her remaining strength - went for a deep slash to his throat.

On 12/24/2019 at 7:23 AM, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

The knife sliced a deep cut in Wes’ throat, and killed him almost instantly.

I enjoyed dueling with you! It was really close at the end. You're a great writer ^_^

Who were the other two people who voted for me? :P

I think I voted for Itiah, but I don't really remember anymore.

"We'll sneak in here. There should be a cookie jar waiting in plain sight," the boss said, gesturing to a detailed robbery plan.

"Uh, boss," said a subordinate nervously. "I'm not so sure this is a such a great idea."

"Nonsense. The TUBAists won't notice a thing and even if they did, it's not like they'd retaliate," the boss said. Subordinates could be unnecessarily cautious sometimes. They didn't seem to realize that doing the boss' dirty work didn't entitle them to real rights.

The subordinate showed the boss a video of the Wes vs. Deteca duel. Other subordinates leaned in to get a good view. Upon Wes' untimely demise, they all winced in unison.

"That doesn't relate to us," said the boss. He didn't sound as sure of himself, though. He'd always assumed that TUBAists were as docile as meekers. Meekers not rigged to explode, that was.

"The duel happened because the guy stole a cookie from TUBA," the subordinate said emphatically.

"Oh," the boss said.

The subordinate nodded. In the silence, the other subordinates smiled amongst themselves, happy that the heist was going to be called off.

"We just won't steal cookies, then," the boss said. "They're a bakery. We'll steal some pies instead."

The subordinate sighed. He'd tried.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, Silva said:

"We just won't steal cookies, then," the boss said. "They're a bakery. We'll steal some pies instead." 

This was the result of a stolen cookie. You don’t want to find out what the result of a stolen pie is. :P 

Edited by AonEne
Yes, I know. Read the status update

On 26/09/2019 at 0:58 AM, AonEne said:

Wes ran at her and kicked, but fell over. She winced and wondered if fighting a child was really the best idea, but she had to avenge the cookies, so she took out her gun, studied it conspicuously for a moment, and finally pointed it at Wes. Aiming it at his leg - she wasn’t a monster, these were cookies, not cakes - she pulled the trigger.

I think this gives an idea of how it would go with a stolen pie